There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 8)

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
These are the games I hate watching playing vs a team who has nothing to lose. Expect alot of trick plays going for it on 4th downs, fake field goals/punts etc.

Especially in front of an international crowd.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
yeah i hate having the chance to win a game 35-3

Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
The REAL trap game. Jags have competed better as of late and have two damn good WRs. Won't be a cake walk early that many think. Now, eventually we should break them and blow it open, but they will compete.

LOL this isn't a trap game if we have a bye week after. apparently no one on here understands what is a trap game.

And in other news, Snooki "Disgusted" with former self....http://screen.yahoo.com/celebrity/dint-snooki-disgusted-over-former-190438092.html
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by Sussexniner:
I will be travelling all the way from home (West Sussex) for this one. Really looking forward to seeing the Niners again (saw them against the Giants last time at Wembley). Should be a good match.

Bit worried about the over confidence on here though.

I doubt that seeing as how the 49ers have only played one game in London and it was against Denver.

The niners are the most popular team in Europe. It's from all our success in the 80's and 90's, when the nfl was being introduced to them. They don't pay attention close enough to remember the dismal decade of the 00's. Expect a lot of Niner fans in the crowd.

what does this have to do with the fact that we haven't played the giants though stoney?

You mean haven't played the giants at wembley? I think we played a preseason game against them there days ago. Like Nolan days, or something.
I will be travelling all the way from home (West Sussex) for this one. Really looking forward to seeing the Niners again (saw them against the Giants last time at Wembley). Should be a good match.

I doubt that seeing as how the 49ers have only played one game in London and it was against Denver.

The niners are the most popular team in Europe. It's from all our success in the 80's and 90's, when the nfl was being introduced to them. They don't pay attention close enough to remember the dismal decade of the 00's. Expect a lot of Niner fans in the crowd.

what does this have to do with the fact that we haven't played the giants though stoney?

You mean haven't played the giants at wembley? I think we played a preseason game against them there days ago. Like Nolan days, or something.

We played the giants in Tokyo
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

We played the giants in Tokyo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series
WE GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!
We've put up 30+ points (and have held our opponents to 20 points or below) in four straight wins, we go five straight... we'll be the first 49er squad to do it in franchise history, last 49er team to hold such a dominant differential amidst a consecutive winning streak in a season was the 1994 squad (30+/-22), no joke.

Let's f**king do it.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We've put up 30+ points (and have held our opponents to 20 points or below) in four straight wins, we go five straight... we'll be the first 49er squad to do it in franchise history, last 49er team to hold such a dominant differential amidst a consecutive winning streak in a season was the 1994 squad (30+/-22), no joke.

Let's f**king do it.

cap it off with a 42-0 shutout
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
These are the games I hate watching playing vs a team who has nothing to lose. Expect alot of trick plays going for it on 4th downs, fake field goals/punts etc.

Especially in front of an international crowd.

yeah i hate having the chance to win a game 35-3

Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
The REAL trap game. Jags have competed better as of late and have two damn good WRs. Won't be a cake walk early that many think. Now, eventually we should break them and blow it open, but they will compete.

LOL this isn't a trap game if we have a bye week after. apparently no one on here understands what is a trap game.

And in other news, Snooki "Disgusted" with former self....http://screen.yahoo.com/celebrity/dint-snooki-disgusted-over-former-190438092.html

Being from jersey id have to say im quite disgusted of her also!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Let's f**king do it.

cap it off with a 42-0 shutout

Sooo down, tho 49-0 would be pretty badass also!! Tho a 35-3 would suffice also :)
Goniners jaguars here we come!!

Let's f**king do it.

I don't think we can do it because Kap seems to be in a funk.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Gore can score 30+ himself

Let's f**king do it.

Yup, 99 QBR proves it
This game is like Alabama playing Hawaii in college.

Let's f**king do it.

Yup, 99 QBR proves it

Mr. 99/ Mr. 199
Originally posted by ads_2006:
It was already mentioned during todays game by the announcers how the Jaguars have a following there

That was some of the silliest, most pathetically transparent hype I've ever heard, and they kept at it.

Fact 1. British NFL fans are hardcore. We stay up till 5 am to watch SNF/MNF as neutrals (and of course when our team are playing). We pay 130-odd quid per year for Gamepass.We know our s**t. We know a clunker when they see one. And the Jugs are arguably worse than the 0-16 Lions right now (who at least played some teams tight that year).

Fact 2. British NFL fans generally go way back, generally to the 80s and the days of Channel 4 highlight shows. We already have teams!!! We follow them passionately. Some of us (guilty as charged) pay thousands of pounds and travel thousands of miles to watch them play live in the US. Goodell and the owners should think hard before they put a hapless franchise here and see their few fans outnumbered by 9ers, Broncos, Pats, Cowboys , Giants, Dolphins, Packers and Steelers fans. Because these are the popular teams here because of their history. What history has Jax ever had? They are a mid-90s expansion team, have sucked through most of their history with the exception of that couple of competitive seasons 6-7 years ago.

Fact 3. Because the Jugs are so terrible in this and every year, Sky Sports hardly ever pick them for their Sunday slate of games.

Fact 4. Jax have never played here before. This will be their first appearance at Wembley.

So, no TV, no history, no live games, no bandwagoneering. How the bleedin' 'ell did they acquire a "following"?

We should easily dominate the stands on Sunday. There will certainly be lots of other "neutral" fans representing the Pats, Dolphins, Cowboys etc, but of the two teams playing, we should outnumber Jax fans 10-1 at least.
[ Edited by paulk205 on Oct 22, 2013 at 5:44 AM ]