There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Titans aint no joke those dudes put up a fight. They better have no passing yards though Fitz is a scrub.
PFF numbers on the Tennessee Titans


Top 3 Performers on Offense
(Locker is #1 but is injured obviously)

1. Michael Roos-OL 7.5 Has good ratings in every way possible, run block, pass block, screen block..etc.

2. Nate Washington-WR 7.0 Has been a very reliable WR for them, hasn't really clicked with Fitzpatrick though.

3. Kendall Wright-WR 3.7 Has been their most explosive receiving threat.


Worst 3 Performers on Offense
1. Robert Turner-OL -13.6 I don't understand how this guy is in their starting lineup, he has the worst ranking of any offensive lineman in the NFL. Just plain offensive, terrible on run blocking, terrible on pass blocking, about the only thing he does right is not getting penalized.

2. Kenny Britt-WR -9.1 Bad receiver, bad run blocker, bad with penalties, just plain bad.

3. Chance Warmack-OL -6.8 Terrible pass-blocker


Top 3 Performers on Defense

1. Jurell Casey-DL 15.6 3rd round pick in 2011 has been absolutely beasting this season, can stop the run and rush the QB equally well, will be the second best defensive lineman that the 49ers have gone up against after JJ Watt.

2. Alterraun Verner-CB 11.2 Richard Sherman without the mouth, terrific lockdown corner, a bit undersized at 5'10, 189, doesn't do especially well as a tackler.

3. Jason McCourty-CB 7.3 Another very good performer in a high quality secondary.


Worst 3 Performers on Defense

1. Moises Fokou-LB -9.6 Fokou is apparently what he says to his own team, he's been bad. Struggles in pass coverage and in stopping the run, has seen his snaps reduced somewhat recently.

2. Zack Brown-LB -5.0 Has improved in the past few weeks but has been weak against the run and the pass as well,decent pass rush numbers but little else.

3. Ropati Pitoitua-DL -3.2 Hasn't brought anything to the table as a pass rusher.




Tennesee Titans Overall Rankings

OFFENSE

Offense-Ranked 22nd Overall

Passing Offense-19th Overall

Rushing Offense-28th Overall

Pass-Blocking-24th Overall

Run-Blocking- 15th Overall


DEFENSE

Defense-Ranked 7th Overall

Run Defense-Ranked 23rd Overall

Pass Defense-Ranked 6th Overall

Pass Rush-Ranked 6th Overall





SPECIAL TEAMS


Special Teams-Ranked 18th Overall.






This is a game that the 49ers will have to win on the ground. Tennessee is outstanding when it comes to its pass defense and brings an intense pass rush as well. Their linebackers as a group aren't very impressive and have struggled to stop the run all season. On defense, their running game has struggled immensely, ESPECIALLY running behind TE and running behind Center or Right Guard, basically running anywhere to the right has resulted in an average less than 2 yards per carry.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Titans aint no joke those dudes put up a fight. They better have no passing yards though Fitz is a scrub.

They ain't no joke but they make themselves look like a joke when they give games away.
Get ready to get disappointed Pollard

Bernard Pollard: "This is a must-
win game"

www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Bernard-Pollard-This-is-a-must-win-game/1b0a192b-e450-401b-8477-73cd078729b9
The Titans seem to lack lane discipline so we are looking at a potentially big day on the ground.
more olives please
With those stats, it looks like another ground and pound game with Kaepernick struggling. As long as its a win I don't mind.
Hope we run all over their asses. Kaepernick better bring his A game because they have a good defense.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
With those stats, it looks like another ground and pound game with Kaepernick struggling. As long as its a win I don't mind.

struggling with a 93 qb rating? ok i'll take it
So what's the synopsis of the 2013 Tennessee Titans?

I don't really watch games outside of our division.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
With those stats, it looks like another ground and pound game with Kaepernick struggling. As long as its a win I don't mind.

struggling with a 93 qb rating? ok i'll take it

Exactly
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
more olives please

More olives. Less Gobble Gobble.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
So what's the synopsis of the 2013 Tennessee Titans?

I don't really watch games outside of our division.

Look up.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
So what's the synopsis of the 2013 Tennessee Titans?

I don't really watch games outside of our division.

Look up.

lol. Man, am I blind.

Thanks, Phoenix
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
PFF numbers on the Tennessee Titans


Top 3 Performers on Offense
(Locker is #1 but is injured obviously)

1. Michael Roos-OL 7.5 Has good ratings in every way possible, run block, pass block, screen block..etc.

2. Nate Washington-WR 7.0 Has been a very reliable WR for them, hasn't really clicked with Fitzpatrick though.

3. Kendall Wright-WR 3.7 Has been their most explosive receiving threat.


Worst 3 Performers on Offense
1. Robert Turner-OL -13.6 I don't understand how this guy is in their starting lineup, he has the worst ranking of any offensive lineman in the NFL. Just plain offensive, terrible on run blocking, terrible on pass blocking, about the only thing he does right is not getting penalized.

2. Kenny Britt-WR -9.1 Bad receiver, bad run blocker, bad with penalties, just plain bad.

3. Chance Warmack-OL -6.8 Terrible pass-blocker


Top 3 Performers on Defense

1. Jurell Casey-DL 15.6 3rd round pick in 2011 has been absolutely beasting this season, can stop the run and rush the QB equally well, will be the second best defensive lineman that the 49ers have gone up against after JJ Watt.

2. Alterraun Verner-CB 11.2 Richard Sherman without the mouth, terrific lockdown corner, a bit undersized at 5'10, 189, doesn't do especially well as a tackler.

3. Jason McCourty-CB 7.3 Another very good performer in a high quality secondary.


Worst 3 Performers on Defense

1. Moises Fokou-LB -9.6 Fokou is apparently what he says to his own team, he's been bad. Struggles in pass coverage and in stopping the run, has seen his snaps reduced somewhat recently.

2. Zack Brown-LB -5.0 Has improved in the past few weeks but has been weak against the run and the pass as well,decent pass rush numbers but little else.

3. Ropati Pitoitua-DL -3.2 Hasn't brought anything to the table as a pass rusher.




Tennesee Titans Overall Rankings

OFFENSE

Offense-Ranked 22nd Overall

Passing Offense-19th Overall

Rushing Offense-28th Overall

Pass-Blocking-24th Overall

Run-Blocking- 15th Overall


DEFENSE

Defense-Ranked 7th Overall

Run Defense-Ranked 23rd Overall

Pass Defense-Ranked 6th Overall

Pass Rush-Ranked 6th Overall





SPECIAL TEAMS


Special Teams-Ranked 18th Overall.






This is a game that the 49ers will have to win on the ground. Tennessee is outstanding when it comes to its pass defense and brings an intense pass rush as well. Their linebackers as a group aren't very impressive and have struggled to stop the run all season. On defense, their running game has struggled immensely, ESPECIALLY running behind TE and running behind Center or Right Guard, basically running anywhere to the right has resulted in an average less than 2 yards per carry.

Hell of a post man. Never thought Washington would be that far ahead of Britt. No wonder the rumors are out there to get rid of him.

We'll do what we've been doing, pound the rock and let Kaep get out of his funk, its worked these last 3 weeks, it will work against the Titians. And I cant believe I'm going to say this, but Go Cards!!!!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home