There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Yup its confirmed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/19/jake-locker-will-start-for-the-titans-on-sunday/
Wasn't Quinton Dial a backup in College? Why do we seem to be high on a guy that didn't even start at the previous level?
I don't know what the Titans are thinking about playing Locker. Must have gotten tips from the Redskins.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Titans have only 6 turnovers this year,could be a grind game. Ryan Fitzpatrick reminds me of J.T. O'Sullivan with their sling shot throws. Jump on top and don't let the Titans hang around. Go Niners!

The sad problem with that is the 49ers tend to not jump on top.
Bad move by the Titans. I guess nobody learned from RGIII and the Redskins. If Jake gets effed up tomorrow, they have nobody else to blame but themselves.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I'm worried about Locker and Tennessee's pass defense. I sure hope our team doesn't come out flat. For some reason this game is reminding me of the Vikings game from last year. We were expected to easily win that game and then we came out flat as s**t and lost to Christian Ponder. And what made it even worse, some Vikings fans made a music video about how they were going to beat us prior to that game and we all thought they were out of their mind. This better not happen tomorrow. 49ers better come out firing on all three phases of the game and dominate the Titans like we should!

I've been thinking the same thing as well, about how there is something about this game that makes me worry what happened to our team in the Vikings game may happen again. Hopefully JH will have this team coming out all fired up and ready to go. We can't afford to slip up because the Hawks aren't.
Wasn't Quinton Dial a backup in College? Why do we seem to be high on a guy that didn't even start at the previous level?

Moved all over the line...not sure how good he'll be in the NFL.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I don't know what the Titans are thinking about playing Locker. Must have gotten tips from the Redskins.

You could assume this was the case when he took all the practice reps yesterday (maybe Thursday?) Titans know full well how Fitzpatrick blew against us last year. Hopefully inaccurate Jake is the order of the day.
this is only 34 pages? You people are lazy.
Originally posted by ace52:
I'm worried about Locker and Tennessee's pass defense. I sure hope our team doesn't come out flat. For some reason this game is reminding me of the Vikings game from last year. We were expected to easily win that game and then we came out flat as s**t and lost to Christian Ponder. And what made it even worse, some Vikings fans made a music video about how they were going to beat us prior to that game and we all thought they were out of their mind. This better not happen tomorrow. 49ers better come out firing on all three phases of the game and dominate the Titans like we should!

I've been thinking the same thing as well, about how there is something about this game that makes me worry what happened to our team in the Vikings game may happen again. Hopefully JH will have this team coming out all fired up and ready to go. We can't afford to slip up because the Hawks aren't.

Just hope they remember that letdown to the Vikes and know this game has the same ingredients to stub their toe. Be laser focused.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Locker is going to be a sitting duck back there.
The last they were really relevant.

Not exactly. He was recruited and played for Saban at Alabama and, as I understand it, because of their scheme, he didn't necessarily start, but he was in the rotation so he was on the d line for all their games. He played on the same line as Jesse Williams, so he didn't get a lot of press, but evidently he played all over the line and was versatile.

You know who else was a backup at the college level....Marcus Cooper and people have no problem flying off the handle there.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Not exactly. He was recruited and played for Saban at Alabama and, as I understand it, because of their scheme, he didn't necessarily start, but he was in the rotation so he was on the d line for all their games. He played on the same line as Jesse Williams, so he didn't get a lot of press, but evidently he played all over the line and was versatile.

Wasn't Jesse Williams drafted by Seattle and subsequently cut before the final roster?