LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
How is 30 attempts too many? That's not very many at all. The current run/pass split is a giant gulf, needs to get smaller IMO. If Tennessee is going to put 8-9 in the box, then why keep banging into a brick wall? Intermidiate routes vs that kind of stacking would net us some nice chunks. If we run 65 plays, what's wrong with 30 of them being passes if they are stacking the box.

the 40 run- 20 Pass range would be ideal...and is a for sure win
20 passes is too few. How can our passing game get any better by not throwing the football for almost an entire game?
If the Titans can pound the rock with this guy then we are SCREWD
20 passes is too few. How can our passing game get any better by not throwing the football for almost an entire game?

it is a few but that doesn't mean that it's less yards. right now Kaep needs work...and if we need to throw a lot ..that means something else isn't working
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it is a few but that doesn't mean that it's less yards. right now Kaep needs work...and if we need to throw a lot ..that means something else isn't working

Agreed, Kaep needs work. But, he can't work if the coaches don't allow him to throw the ball enough. He needs to get in some sort of rhythm, and if he isn't passing it enough he can't work through his issues.

20 attempts would mean a lot less yards and no rhythm for him and the receivers. I get what you're saying, but the coaches need to let him work some of it out on his own. I just think they're protecting him too much by running so much. He's a play maker, but he can't make any plays if he's handing it off the whole game.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Oct 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM ]

Agreed, Kaep needs work. But, he can't work if the coaches don't allow him to throw the ball enough. He needs to get in some sort of rhythm, and if he isn't passing it enough he can't work through his issues.
Maybe at home..but not on the road...Tennessee is still a decent team. I would run until there is no other choice but to pass
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This guy doesn't really "pound the rock." He looks for big holes and if they're there he runs through them. Speed is his only tool. He doesn't have a lot of lateral movement and he doesn't really break tackles. I don't think they'll be able to get big holes for him.
Maybe at home..but not on the road...Tennessee is still a decent team. I would run until there is no other choice but to pass

Kaep can't be protected forever. Even on the road, we still need to let him get into a rhythm. He can't make plays for us if he is handing it off every down. Can't expect him to convert third downs if he is t allowed to pass on any other down than 3rd. Especially important that we know we can bring our passing game to road games, we will probably have to play a road game or 2 in the playoffs so might as well learn now. Half way through the season, time to gear up the passing attack.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

This guy doesn't really "pound the rock." He looks for big holes and if they're there he runs through them. Speed is his only tool. He doesn't have a lot of lateral movement and he doesn't really break tackles. I don't think they'll be able to get big holes for him.
You've actually described the exact opposite traits of Eddie George
Originally posted by Ether:

Sorry. I thought you were worried about Chris Johnson.

George was one of the few real Power Backs in the last 20 years. The man had, like, 450 carries in a year. I think he averaged like 2.7 YPC...
Hopefully we won't be playing catch-up with Seattle after this game. Arizona's "stout" defense needs to step the f**k up.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Hopefully we won't be playing catch-up with Seattle after this game. Arizona's "stout" defense needs to step the f**k up.

You will be and watch out for Fitzpatrick he might put a loss on ya!
Originally posted by GNielsen:

lmao
Originally posted by Melvin:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

You will be and watch out for Fitzpatrick he might put a loss on ya!

Share 49ersWebzone