There are 312 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JCBRAVE:
Originally posted by maltz88:
It looks more like 8 forced fumbles.

No its 11

Not so sure about your police work there Bob.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/fumblesForced

Looks like 8.
This will be tough test for the 49ers. I see way too many confident almost cocky Niners fans in here guaranteeing a big win. I've watched every Titans game this season so far and they are tough. I think they have one of the most under rated defenses in the league. If they come into this game and limit their own mistakes they will give the 49ers all they can handle. I still think the 49ers get a win here but it will be close and come down to which defense can continue to win the turnover battle. We're beat up on defense and they're beat up on offense. Should be a great matchup and a lot of fun in the stands! I pull hard for the Titans but obviously no this week. GO NINERS!
Originally posted by maltz88:
Not so sure about your police work there Bob.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/fumblesForced

Looks like 8.

You'd be wise to stop citing ESPN

try this link http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2013&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=FUMBLES_TOTAL
Originally posted by NinerG94:
This will be tough test for the 49ers. I see way too many confident almost cocky Niners fans in here guaranteeing a big win. I've watched every Titans game this season so far and they are tough. I think they have one of the most under rated defenses in the league. If they come into this game and limit their own mistakes they will give the 49ers all they can handle. I still think the 49ers get a win here but it will be close and come down to which defense can continue to win the turnover battle. We're beat up on defense and they're beat up on offense. Should be a great matchup and a lot of fun in the stands! I pull hard for the Titans but obviously no this week. GO NINERS!

This wont be a barn-burner, but I think our defense will contain CJ and force Fitzpatrick to make mistakes. And our power run offense will beat up the #24 ranked rush defense.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This wont be a barn-burner, but I think our defense will contain CJ and force Fitzpatrick to make mistakes. And our power run offense will beat up the #24 ranked rush defense.

That stat is very misleading, our run stop has actually been good this year, we always just allow 1 big run a game that totally screws up our run defense stats.
You'd be wise to stop citing ESPN

try this link http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2013&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=FUMBLES_TOTAL

Actually the NFL.com stat is for fumbles. Not for forced fumbles.

For example when Margos dropped the snap as the holder on the botched FG attempt, counts as a fumble......not a forced fumble. When he dropped it again on the same play while being tackled.......forced fumble.

So they have forced 8 fumbles.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

That stat is very misleading, our run stop has actually been good this year, we always just allow 1 big run a game that totally screws up our run defense stats.

That's pretty similar to how the Niners run the ball. They may get bottled up 10 times, but the 11th they hit for a big gain...

And we don't give up on the run attack... Good luck
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

#Titans Chris Johnson is averaging 1.4 yards per carry after contact. Among 54 half backs, only Bryce Brown has a lower average (1.2) #49ers
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

#Titans Chris Johnson is averaging 1.4 yards per carry after contact. Among 54 half backs, only Bryce Brown has a lower average (1.2) #49ers

Gonna be lower after Sunday.
Originally posted by cortana49:

In CJ's defense he has played the leagues best defenses, not that yours is bad, but now with our center out, we'll be a little better. We're also expecting Shonn Greene back, his change of pace style really helps CJ get going.

In CJ's defense he has played the leagues best defenses, not that yours is bad, but now with our center out, we'll be a little better. We're also expecting Shonn Greene back, his change of pace style really helps CJ get going.

Stop the excuses and the false hopes.

Didn't CJ say that he was gonna get 2,000 yards this season?

BTW, can someone post the running backs they went up against because they is a reason they have a bad rush defense.
[ Edited by robniner on Oct 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM ]
Pound 'em, pound 'em, pound 'em!
Gore has 3 less carries and 150 more yards than CJ
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Oct 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM ]

We're one of the best too, even though we are pretty dinged.
Match ups I'm looking foward to...

Vince Young vs Eric Reid - VY is a mobile QB so expect him to buy some time in the pocket, Reid will have to be disciplined in his coverage!

Lorenzo Neal vs Patrick Willis - Neal is one of the greatest fullbacks in the game, as far as I know.

Javon Kearse vs Staley - I think Staley will do well here, Kearse has been very quiet for a while now.

Samari Rolle vs Boldin - There's a reason why we don't hear about Rolle, is because QBs don't throw to him!

I think this will be a close game, a lot of good match ups!
Share 49ersWebzone