LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by robniner:
Needs to use LMJ for screens because right now Roman has no effing clue how to use him.

I've pointed this out before. The better a team's general pass protection, the harder it is to set up a screen. That's the main reason why defenses seem to blow up screens every time the Niners try one. When D-linemen and linebackers have a relatively easy time sliding by a Niner offensive lineman, they naturally look around to figure out why. This year, the Niners are doing real well at pass protection.

the only thing now is that if we start doing screens with LMJ..that will be a easy play to figure out since we don't use LMJ a lot
This is why you turn the sound down and listen to Ted Robinson call the game with Eric Davis for analysis on KNBR.

I have been watching the game muted with the radio broadcast for years. I cant stand how ignorant anoucers are about our team.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Needs to use LMJ for screens because right now Roman has no effing clue how to use him.

I've pointed this out before. The better a team's general pass protection, the harder it is to set up a screen. That's the main reason why defenses seem to blow up screens every time the Niners try one. When D-linemen and linebackers have a relatively easy time sliding by a Niner offensive lineman, they naturally look around to figure out why. This year, the Niners are doing real well at pass protection.

the only thing now is that if we start doing screens with LMJ..that will be a easy play to figure out since we don't use LMJ a lot

You have somebody with this speedburst and the ability to make tacklers miss and can't adjust to that from our bruisers.

Need to do a better job in setting up blocks for these plays.
  • Salty
  • Veteran
All of you offensive geniuses that are clamoring for James to be thrown some screens...If all you offer your team is one thing, that one thing becomes very very easy to defend and usually ends up causing a disaster at some point.
Originally posted by outside4949:
This is why you turn the sound down and listen to Ted Robinson call the game with Eric Davis for analysis on KNBR.

I have been watching the game muted with the radio broadcast for years. I cant stand how ignorant anoucers are about our team.

Robinson is a great announcer and Eric Davis really sees what's going on on the field. Those guys are great.
You have somebody with this speedburst and the ability to make tacklers miss and can't adjust to that from our bruisers.

Need to do a better job in setting up blocks for these plays.

I'm just pointing out a possible reason why the screens they try to set up usually get blown up. But, I would love to see them figure out ways to get LJM out in space or with a blocker or two in front of him in space. When they drafted him, I assumed they were looking to make him a faster version of Darren Sproles. It hasn't happened yet, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.
Originally posted by outside4949:

Robinson is a great announcer and Eric Davis really sees what's going on on the field. Those guys are great.

i dont do that because the radio is usually ahead of the tv and i dont want to know a big play is coming before i see it
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont do that because the radio is usually ahead of the tv and i dont want to know a big play is coming before i see it

That's a good point, but it's only about a second when watching on Comcast. It actually seems to help me take notice, but it's not a big delay. Maybe there are different delays on different systems. How much of a delay have you noticed?

That's a good point, but it's only about a second when watching on Comcast. It actually seems to help me take notice, but it's not a big delay. Maybe there are different delays on different systems. How much of a delay have you noticed?

i havent tried it at home on dish but i think at my old job they had direct tv and i would come in from a delivery listening to it on the radio and know what was gonna happen on the screen when i walked in through the door. maybe like 5-10 seconds, i dont remember really but i know i would come in knowing what was about to happen
i havent tried it at home on dish but i think at my old job they had direct tv and i would come in from a delivery listening to it on the radio and know what was gonna happen on the screen when i walked in through the door. maybe like 5-10 seconds, i dont remember really but i know i would come in knowing what was about to happen

Wow, that IS bad. It's nothing like that when I've got the cable broadcast on at home which is Comcast. I can see you're point. 5-10 seconds would be impossible for me to deal with.

Wow, that IS bad. It's nothing like that when I've got the cable broadcast on at home which is Comcast. I can see you're point. 5-10 seconds would be impossible for me to deal with.
When I watch baseball through MLB.tv, my stream is pretty consistently 30s-1m behind. A couple months ago I dramatic game late in the ninth, and a buddy texted me, "WOW, what a mammoth home run!" 30 seconds before I saw it.. -_-
The Cardinals coach was pretty heated after the game. If they don't come out strong, and beat the crap out of Seattle...then... all that Thunder and no rain!

If we beat the Titans, and Seattle loses, everything is wrapped up at 5-2. The December game becomes all the more important, but first things first.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The Niners have allowed 13 sacks so far, which is the fifth lowest total of sacks in the league. And three of the teams they've played have defenses in the top 10 in number of sacks gotten. Actually, by the numbers, the Niner offensive line is protecting the QB better than they have in years.
The conference call with Delanie Walker was much better than they usually are. Probably because of the familiarity but he said he missed SF, his former teammates and all that. Who's gonna lay him out first, Willis or Bowman (maybe Reid, Hitner)? Actually I hope Delanie plays well w/o incident but the rest of his team sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone