There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think this will be a tough game, I reckon we can grind out a win with some power running but we should be respecting them, they're a legit team.

I wouldn't call them legit, but they are formidable.
I think this will be a tough game, I reckon we can grind out a win with some power running but we should be respecting them, they're a legit team.
Biggest thing that worries me is that our DL is banged up vs a big play back. We can't allow CJ2K to get loose. Then the fact this is a road game. But we have shown resolve thus far this season and I expect a good effort from us and them. Who is the QB? Fitz?
Originally posted by mayo49:

They're formidable and that's with Fitzpatrick doing all he can to tank. They ARE legit with Locker. Watch them play. I don't mean tune in to youtube for the highlights or look at the box score the next day. They ARE legit and I promise the 49ers will have their hands full on Sunday. They put up a better fight in Seattle than we did and that's with the obvious handicap at qb.
Espn fantasy recommends starting the Titan D against the 49ers :(
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

That's East Coast bias for ya.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

They're formidable and that's with Fitzpatrick doing all he can to tank. They ARE legit with Locker. Watch them play. I don't mean tune in to youtube for the highlights or look at the box score the next day. They ARE legit and I promise the 49ers will have their hands full on Sunday. They put up a better fight in Seattle than we did and that's with the obvious handicap at qb.

Yeah, it's a road game, too, so that adds to the uncertainty.
So,

The Titans have made this big turnaround on defense this season after a pretty miserable last season.

Who wouldn't when you if Gregg Williams around?

BTW, their defense gave the Texans game away in the very end.

http://www.tennessean.com/proart/20131016/sports01/310160126?pagerestricted=1
[ Edited by robniner on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:42 AM ]
For those wondering who is announcing our game:

506 Sports @506sports FOX:
DAL/PHI = Brennaman/Aikman
CHI/WSH = Albert/Johnston/Siragusa
STL/CAR = Stockton/Billick
TB/ATL = Burkhardt/Lynch
SF/TN = Chris Myers/Tim Ryan
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM ]
The Nashville Post

Answer to questions about Titans'
run game might just be the easy
one

Published October 16, 2013 by David Boclair

Much of Mike Munchak's Monday press
conference was a search for explanations
and/or answers about why the running game
in general and running back Chris Johnson
specifically have struggled.

A number of potential causes were raised.
Among them:

READ MORE
http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postsports/2013/10/16/answer_to_questions_about_titans_run_game_might_just_be_the_easy_one

But they are Indian givers.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Well that's it then. Might as well forfeit the game and save ourselves the trouble.
It looks like we should be able to run against them. They have the 19th ranked run defense.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
It looks like we should be able to run against them. They have the 19th ranked run defense.

I guess ESPN Fantasy forgot to recognize that.
[ Edited by robniner on Oct 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
A couple of guys from sports talk radio here in Nashville were saying they thought we looked weak and that the Titans would beat us.

Yeah thats what they were saying on the radio here...last week. All with the exception of Gambo who is one of the few non off-the-charts homers in the local sports media.

That's what they were saying here in Houston before the game as well. Love the homers!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
For those wondering who is announcing our game:

506 Sports @506sports FOX:
DAL/PHI = Brennaman/Aikman
CHI/WSH = Albert/Johnston/Siragusa
STL/CAR = Stockton/Billick
TB/ATL = Burkhardt/Lynch
SF/TN = Chris Myers/Tim Ryan

UGH.....How do these two guys still have jobs.?They are both horrible. Whats the over/under for chris myers stutters? 5? smh.