There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

I think this goes down a bit similar to the cards game, but without any explosive plays made on the Titan's offense (that don't have a Larry Fitzgerald). Titans are a team which needs turnovers to win, they have a stud in Verner, can't give them anything, gotta take the same strategy and ram it down their throats.

An ugly survival win before a London blowout into the bye.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think this goes down a bit similar to the cards game, but without any explosive plays made on the Titan's offense (that don't have a Larry Fitzgerald). Titans are a team which needs turnovers to win, they have a stud in Verner, can't give them anything, gotta take the same strategy and ram it down their throats.

This is the ideal game for pounding the ball with the running game and executing a lot of quick, short passes and screens. Throwing deep against a very good secondary and a very heavy-duty pass rush probably isn't the best idea. As good as Tennessee is in the secondary, they are vulnerable across the middle due to their linebacker's struggling in coverage. I hope to see McDonald get more looks and I'd like to see James utilized in screens, short passes..etc...not getting my hopes up though.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This is the ideal game for pounding the ball with the running game and executing a lot of quick, short passes and screens. Throwing deep against a very good secondary and a very heavy-duty pass rush probably isn't the best idea. As good as Tennessee is in the secondary, they are vulnerable across the middle due to their linebacker's struggling in coverage. I hope to see McDonald get more looks and I'd like to see James utilized in screens, short passes..etc...not getting my hopes up though.

They will put their best DB on Boldin I hear and he is smallish. If this is true Boldin may win a few of these battles. You need a very physical DB to contend with Boldin
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Knowing they have a weak run defense against our strong running game, they will put eight in the box. We will have to beat them with our passing game.
if the dodgers lose and the 49ers win on sunday, i'll be one happy camper.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
They will put their best DB on Boldin I hear and he is smallish. If this is true Boldin may win a few of these battles. You need a very physical DB to contend with Boldin

Verner has been the best cornerback in the NFL thus far, he's smaller but still plays very physically, doubt Boldin will have much of an advantage, I wouldn't tempt fate by throwing in his direction, he's got more pass deflections and INT's than the rest of the Titans secondary combined, there's no CB playing at a higher level right now.
Originally posted by ayetee:
Knowing they have a weak run defense against our strong running game, they will put eight in the box. We will have to beat them with our passing game.

49ers will still be able to run on them, but they'll have to mix in some short and intermediate passes, teams have struggled to throw deep against Tennessee, the pass rush is incredibly aggressive and the coverage has been outstanding, hope Roman comes up with a good gameplan.
Power run + play-action passing + stingy defense = win
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Power run + play-action passing + stingy defense = win

Kap burns the Titans D with 3 TDs through the air and 1 Rushing TD

Titans still find a way to win, 13-16 Titans
Originally posted by pdizo916:
if the dodgers lose and the 49ers win on sunday, i'll be one happy camper.

^This
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
titti tanics
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Kap burns the Titans D with 3 TDs through the air and 1 Rushing TD

Titans still find a way to win, 13-16 Titans

Okay bro, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. He's going to rush for 2 TD's, throw for 4 and the 49ers are going to win 17 to 15.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
loltitanslol
I think this will be a tough game, I reckon we can grind out a win with some power running but we should be respecting them, they're a legit team.