There are 158 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It should SO be 5-1 though. Did you see the gaping holes in the Colts defense last night? If the 49ers had continued to run the ball I think Gore would have been approaching 200 yards. RomHarb played right into their hands trying to force the passing game, and gave that game to the Colts with some atrocious play calling.
I was on the sideline imploring us to run. Like idiots we didn't. If I could clearly see this at the game imagine how obvious it was from the couch
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
On NFL Live they just mentioned that every team this season that has played Seattle has lost their next game. Hopefully the trend continues!

Those dirty birds put a hurting on teams and then they have to face us. I think Houston got f**ked playing us back to back.

That streak does bode well for us though. 5-2 is sooooo much better than 4-3. We've had several must-win games in a row here and this one is no different

Yeah its come down to 6-2 at the bye is a must. We are almost there. Three weeks ago people were ready to jump off a cliff, including me!

I was pretty disappointed too, but I honestly thought that our brutal 5 first games would produce a 3-2 record. I just thought that we'd lose to the Rams.

This...I had the Colts and Rams flipped, going W-L-W-L-W

Rest of the way (including Cards win) I have this: W-W-W-W-L-W-W-L-L-W-W...11-5 overall...Yes, the Ls are to the Saints, Hawks again, and at Bucs. Bucs shouldn't beat us, but I feel that's a longggggg road trip after a draining emotional and mayyybbbee even beat up game with the Hawks at home. I just feel they have our number, regardless of where we play them, because we can never play them at a neutral site
Originally posted by Beezy33:

Rest of the way (including Cards win) I have this: W-W-W-W-L-W-W-L-L-W-W...11-5 overall...Yes, the Ls are to the Saints, Hawks again, and at Bucs. Bucs shouldn't beat us, but I feel that's a longggggg road trip after a draining emotional and mayyybbbee even beat up game with the Hawks at home. I just feel they have our number, regardless of where we play them, because we can never play them at a neutral site

I don't know what you mean

We really held very tough in SEA, and yes, they are very difficult to beat there. But I think it's a given that we'll get our revenge in SF, which would tie the season series, and could potentially put us in the lead for the division.

We really held very tough in SEA, and yes, they are very difficult to beat there. But I think it's a given that we'll get our revenge in SF, which would tie the season series, and could potentially put us in the lead for the division.

What I mean is that since we're both in the NFC, we could never play them for a SB at a neutral site where we would be able to neutralize the crowd noise. I guess the same could be said playing at our place.

To me, the Hawks get up for us more than anyone else in the league, and they want to prove to the world that they can hang with us away from their place. If you remember last year, they could've won that game at the Stick. A lot of dropped balls from Wilson. If we don't have all of our talent healthy by then, they will game plan the same against Kaep. I'm just hoping you're right and Kaep has matured and is playing better by then. Our D will keep it close, but can we get over the hump and score TDs on them? That's my biggest concern with this offense in general right now. It feels very 2011ish at the moment.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Titans have a good team. Solid Unit. They're gonna struggle with Fitz at QB but thats all thats holding them back IMO.

What I mean is that since we're both in the NFC, we could never play them for a SB at a neutral site where we would be able to neutralize the crowd noise. I guess the same could be said playing at our place.

To me, the Hawks get up for us more than anyone else in the league, and they want to prove to the world that they can hang with us away from their place. If you remember last year, they could've won that game at the Stick. A lot of dropped balls from Wilson. If we don't have all of our talent healthy by then, they will game plan the same against Kaep. I'm just hoping you're right and Kaep has matured and is playing better by then. Our D will keep it close, but can we get over the hump and score TDs on them? That's my biggest concern with this offense in general right now. It feels very 2011ish at the moment.

got'cha

well, I seem to think that we'll have the emotional edge going into our game in SF. No one likes getting embarrassed, especially twice in a row. The game could (and probably will) come down to the end and be a low-scoring bloodbath. But I still see us winning that game, and potentially tying the division or even pulling ahead.
WE GOT THIS!!!!
One thing is for damn sure, 49ers have to stay away from Alterraun Verner who is having a better season than Richard Sherman without any of the hype. Passers have had a QB rating of 13 passing the ball his way. 13.....wrap your mind around that. He's about as lockdown as it gets in the NFL right now, Verner Island.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It should SO be 5-1 though. Did you see the gaping holes in the Colts defense last night? If the 49ers had continued to run the ball I think Gore would have been approaching 200 yards. RomHarb played right into their hands trying to force the passing game, and gave that game to the Colts with some atrocious play calling.
I was on the sideline imploring us to run. Like idiots we didn't. If I could clearly see this at the game imagine how obvious it was from the couch

The beauty of losing, especially early on the season is to prevent these mistakes from happening in more crucial moments.

We probably learned more from our two losses this year than all of our losses last season.

Also guys, in traditional Niner fashion.....always expect Ls to come from lesser competition, and us to come up with the BIG Ws when needed. If we are healthy and in sync I can see us beating Seattle & New Orleans but dropping to a lesser team. I can see us losing to the Cards in the rematch before us losing to the Hawks at the stick.

This goes all the way back to the Joe/Steve years, and certainly in the Harbaugh era.

Quite frankly, this is common of a lot of great teams, period. The Cowboys of all teams were the last team to beat the Saints in '09.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
One thing is for damn sure, 49ers have to stay away from Alterraun Verner who is having a better season than Richard Sherman without any of the hype. Passers have had a QB rating of 13 passing the ball his way. 13.....wrap your mind around that. He's about as lockdown as it gets in the NFL right now, Verner Island.

It looks like he has as many or more INTs and defended passes as the rest of the backfield put together.

Pretty astounding.
[ Edited by TyCore on Oct 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM ]

if the weakhawks can beat them, it should be a easy win for us
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
if the weakhawks can beat them, it should be a easy win for us

Especially since they are struggling to find an offensive identity.
This is going to be a tough game. Very realistic possibility we could lose this.
Good stat- teams are winless this year the week after playing the Seahawks.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Good stat- teams are winless this year the week after playing the Seahawks.

Every team that played the CAWKS lost the following week... Colts were the last victims (last night) and Titans are next.
Share 49ersWebzone