There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 4: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Pretty critical for a blow out win on the road.

Kap missed some guys but I'll take that if he's not turning it over.

I think overall this was a great team win. We're missing key pieces all over the field and they still took the Rams out back and gave them the ol yeller treatment?

Well he did fumble and almost had a few picks. While he looked better, I don't think anybody is relieved. He needs to play better because even with 0 turnovers, that kind of play won't get it done against strong opponents.
In the middle of re-watching the game and wanted to point out. A little less than 3 minutes to go in the 1st quarter and I already see Dobbs in at DE. Someone had a thread on if we would see more DL rotation this year. Last few games for sure seen guys in much earlier than last year. Last year we'd rotate in late 3rd, early 4th now it's not even the 2nd yet. That being said last year is when we should have been rotating in more with RJE, Dobbs, Tukuafu, Williams. We had better depth last year than this year with only Dobbs/TJE yet we are putting guys in earlier.

Edit: A little over 12 min left in 2nd and I see TJE in there. TJE and Dobbs in together. Yeah, we really did play the DL too much last year. Someone mentioned this but there were times the game was out of reach or close to it and we still didn't take out guys like Smith (should be first out due to age), McDonald, Willis, Bowman, etc.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 28, 2013 at 7:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
In the middle of re-watching the game and wanted to point out. A little less than 3 minutes to go in the 1st quarter and I already see Dobbs in at DE. Someone had a thread on if we would see more DL rotation this year. Last few games for sure seen guys in much earlier than last year. Last year we'd rotate in late 3rd, early 4th now it's not even the 2nd yet. That being said last year is when we should have been rotating in more with RJE, Dobbs, Tukuafu, Williams. We had better depth last year than this year with only Dobbs/TJE yet we are putting guys in earlier.

Edit: A little over 12 min left in 2nd and I see TJE in there. TJE and Dobbs in together. Yeah, we really did play the DL too much last year. Someone mentioned this but there were times the game was out of reach or close to it and we still didn't take out guys like Smith (should be first out due to age), McDonald, Willis, Bowman, etc.

Yea I noticed this as well. Shocking to say the least.

It seems Fangio realized he wasn't playing with college kids anymore.

I think instead of the defense tiring at the end of the season they could be peaking.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
In the middle of re-watching the game and wanted to point out. A little less than 3 minutes to go in the 1st quarter and I already see Dobbs in at DE. Someone had a thread on if we would see more DL rotation this year. Last few games for sure seen guys in much earlier than last year. Last year we'd rotate in late 3rd, early 4th now it's not even the 2nd yet. That being said last year is when we should have been rotating in more with RJE, Dobbs, Tukuafu, Williams. We had better depth last year than this year with only Dobbs/TJE yet we are putting guys in earlier.

Edit: A little over 12 min left in 2nd and I see TJE in there. TJE and Dobbs in together. Yeah, we really did play the DL too much last year. Someone mentioned this but there were times the game was out of reach or close to it and we still didn't take out guys like Smith (should be first out due to age), McDonald, Willis, Bowman, etc.


The best part of that DL rotation....

The backups didn't miss a beat.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Seems like our plan will be or should be similar to what it was against the Rams for the next 4 weeks until after the bye. I like the "just hold on" type motto. Just hang in there until after the bye week when we should have Willis back (probably back next week already), Manningham back, possibly Aldon back, Moody back, possibly Carradine and/or Dial, Wright if we need him, and working on getting Crabtree back. So if we can go into the break 6-2 or 5-3 heading into week 10, hopefully having most of the guys back that will be back this year, we would be in good shape. Hopefully we can be fully healthy (or about as healthy as we can get) and in perfect stride for the home stretch and possibly playoff run. Props to all the guys who stepped up last night and held up while guys like Nnamdi, Willis, Aldon, etc were out. Dorsey had a great game as well and will have to continue to play well with Williams out. Back to our game plan once we get Manningham and Crabtree back our offense will open up. Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Patton is looking really dang good right now. Until then probably keep it basic.

Basic is what worked though. It worked for Kaep against the Bears last year, it can work for him now. I was shocked when I saw, *gasp* a SLANT! The read option and drooling over Kaep's downfield throwing ability has gotten us away from the West Coast offense.

I totally agree.
I agree, but again, it was the injury and talent depleted rams. Look what amendola and steven Jackson meant to that team. They lost their top two players, altho amendola had a hx of injury.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Nice write up like usual... Minor side note, I think Dana Stubblefield made the "same ol sorry ass rams" comment not Tim McDonald.


As I said before, I'm pretty sure he repeated it but it was Tim McDonald who started it.
The backups filled in very well during this game
Tramanie Brock might of had his best game ever.
Brooks is very underrated
Bowman was lights out.
LMJ is not on Hunters or Gores level not close.
Baldwin has potential
O-line looked very good.
Dorsey looked very good
Kaep was ok but it bothers me that they are having to cut the field down to only on half to make the reads easier and that he still locks on to one receiver.
Keep feeding the bell cow and we win. (should have feed the bell cow at the end of the super bowl and we win)
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
The backups filled in very well during this game
Tramanie Brock might of had his best game ever.
Brooks is very underrated
Bowman was lights out.
LMJ is not on Hunters or Gores level not close.
Baldwin has potential
O-line looked very good.
Dorsey looked very good
Kaep was ok but it bothers me that they are having to cut the field down to only on half to make the reads easier and that he still locks on to one receiver.
Keep feeding the bell cow and we win. (should have feed the bell cow at the end of the super bowl and we win)

I assume you mean on the plays NFL network was highlighting which were bootlegs.... you always cut the field in half for the QB on a boot leg. Try running to the right and looking left and throwing left, thats why.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
The backups filled in very well during this game
Tramanie Brock might of had his best game ever.
Brooks is very underrated
Bowman was lights out.
LMJ is not on Hunters or Gores level not close.
Baldwin has potential
O-line looked very good.
Dorsey looked very good
Kaep was ok but it bothers me that they are having to cut the field down to only on half to make the reads easier and that he still locks on to one receiver.
Keep feeding the bell cow and we win. (should have feed the bell cow at the end of the super bowl and we win)


That is a reality I believe that led Baalke and Harbaugh to take the chance on Lattimore. Just an observation.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
The backups filled in very well during this game
Tramanie Brock might of had his best game ever.
Brooks is very underrated
Bowman was lights out.
LMJ is not on Hunters or Gores level not close.
Baldwin has potential
O-line looked very good.
Dorsey looked very good
Kaep was ok but it bothers me that they are having to cut the field down to only on half to make the reads easier and that he still locks on to one receiver.
Keep feeding the bell cow and we win. (should have feed the bell cow at the end of the super bowl and we win)

I assume you mean on the plays NFL network was highlighting which were bootlegs.... you always cut the field in half for the QB on a boot leg. Try running to the right and looking left and throwing left, thats why.
I believe they ran those several times because he is struggling to see the whole field and he is locking on to his first read. On Davis TD there was no role out and they had basically cut the field in half. Oh but Davis was not the first read so I will have to say Kaep did a good job finding the second read.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I believe they ran those several times because he is struggling to see the whole field and he is locking on to his first read. On Davis TD there was no role out and they had basically cut the field in half. Oh but Davis was not the first read so I will have to say Kaep did a good job finding the second read.

Boldin wasnt the first read on the 42 yard pass either.