There are 294 users in the forums

Our kickers could develop (yet) another skill....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last night's game...it got me thinking:

Josh Dawson should practice free kicks. There's no reason for these fair catch kicks to be awful like they usually are....no bullrush, no 7 yard snap, no bad holds, nothing. These guys just overthink the kicks it seems.

Also Andy Lee could practice drop kicks. That fair catch kick can be either kicked off like a normal field goal or drop kicked....

The question is, which could travel farther a good field goal try or a drop kick? I'm not so sure.

And if Dawson made that kick last night I would have screamed for minutes on end.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Sep 27, 2013 at 7:58 AM ]
Dawson should practice just making FGs....period.
Free kicks are like kickoffs

You hit them for distance not accuracy
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Josh? Lol.
Originally posted by pd24:
Josh? Lol.

Oops. Got him confused with another kicker. :)

Philip.
Andy Lee at WR, Dawson at NT. Problems solved.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Last night's game...it got me thinking:

Josh Dawson should practice free kicks. There's no reason for these fair catch kicks to be awful like they usually are....no bullrush, no 7 yard snap, no bad holds, nothing. These guys just overthink the kicks it seems.

Also Andy Lee could practice drop kicks. That fair catch kick can be either kicked off like a normal field goal or drop kicked....

The question is, which could travel farther a good field goal try or a drop kick? I'm not so sure.

And if Dawson made that kick last night I would have screamed for minutes on end.

That crazy Josh Dawson. Lol
Had me laughing at Josh Dawson... sorry what was the point of this thread???!!
Maybe Herbie Harbaugh will implement that
Dawson needed his brown pants for that kick.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Dawson should practice just making FGs....period.

This.

Am I the only one thats concerns about Dawson missing FGs? He's just lucky those missing FGs didn't come back and bite us in the ass, maybe not just yet...
ya lets just skip offense and kick fieldgoals whenever kyle williams faircatches everything.
What Harbaugh did last night was stupid. It's much more likely that a team is going to return that kick for a touchdown versus Dawson hitting a 70-75 yard field goal. He was trying to be too cute!
Scout Australian kickers

/thread
Originally posted by theduke85:
What Harbaugh did last night was stupid. It's much more likely that a team is going to return that kick for a touchdown versus Dawson hitting a 70-75 yard field goal. He was trying to be too cute!

Given how the game was going the time left in the half it didn't worry me one bit. Besides it was the right time to try it. Really not much to lose. If you look at how dumbfounded the Rams were they had no plan I bet half of them didn't even realize they could run it back.

This game was the perfect game to give it a shot and see if they could. Besides now other opponents may spend more valuable time preparing for that and take time from legitimate plays.
Share 49ersWebzone