There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

KEEPING the FAITH

OK MODS, you can delete this, lock it, ban me whatever, I dont really care.

There were alot of fans that gave up on this team after back to back losses. TRUE 49er fans have gone though ALOT worse. TRUE fans suffered though the Ericksson era and other bulls#it. I respect all fans even new fans after KAP blew up. I welcome all 49ers fans. I have been a fan for 20+ years and will be till the day I die. I live nowhere near SF and had every opportunity to quit on this team. I know many people that were 9ers fans and became colts and pats fans after our success, but not me. I am RED & GOLD for ever and always will be. Theres talk of Toronto getting an NFL team. I have no doubt about which team I will cheer for. I WILL always be a 49er, for EVER. I visited San Fran for a few hours on a lay over but I dont count that as a true visit. Me and my wife hope to visit and catch a home game [I caught an away game in buffalo last time they came] next year or the year after.

There will always be struggles, always be up and downs, but I want everyone to share their FAITHFULL stories, how they cheered the 49ers even though seemingly all hope was lost, how they cheered for the 49ers against the giants in that epic comeback [ you know the one], how we all watched Owens make the catch II, whatever it is, share your stories... I know Im going to get a few " cool story bro" and yes I did have a few drinks because a fellow 49er fan told me to keep drinking [ yeah its a good reason to keep drinking!!!] But I have always shared this sentiment, we are the RED AND GOLD AND WE WILL NEVER FOLD!!!

49ERS 4 LIFE!!!!!!
Nice post!!

SF is too good to be struggling this much. We may see more resilience this year than the last two years, if the players' mindset remains.
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
I respect all fans even new fans after KAP blew up. I welcome all 49ers fans.

Not me. But to each his own.

These new fans are the same ones that gave up on this team. They are bandwagoners and they generally make other fans look bad as a fan base.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
I respect all fans even new fans after KAP blew up. I welcome all 49ers fans.

Not me. But to each his own.

These new fans are the same ones that gave up on this team. They are bandwagoners and they generally make other fans look bad as a fan base.

The reason I post that is because we we were all NEW fans at one point. I became a 49ers fame because of Jerry Rice. I own two of his rookie cards and two jerseys, if the internet was around then I might have been treated like new niners fans are being treated, who am I to judge. Old school fans might have disrespected me because I didnt struggle though the lean years losing to the cowboys in NFC championship games in the early 70's. we are ALL 49ers faithful weather this is day 10,000+ or day one. stick by one another and stick by your team. We ALWAYS WIN WITH CLASS, so we should treat our team and all the fans with class.
VERY solid post!

There are many who say they're fans but who really knows and frankly I could care less about "quitters!"

Some people find it easy to give up and throw the towel in. Others just tough it out.

The real fans stick w/their team. Win, Lose or Draw.
Some guy at the bar claimed to be a Niners fans. I thought I was the only one in town, so I was happy. He ended up leaving after the Rams scored their field goal.

What a girl.