There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What if Kaepernick got hurt last week?

Bear with me.

If, say, Kaep experienced a slight injury that caused him to miss tomorrow's game, what would happen. Sarcasm aside (I know McCoy was shaky in the preseason), it would force Harbaugh and Roman to employ a power running 2011/early 2012 game plan. Of course, the Rams would then stack the line, but the point being, I really hope the coaching staff reevaluates their offense personnel and play per-Kaepernick 49ers football. Run the ball, protect the ball (high percentage passes), play action and lower risk passing plays.

There aren't many dynamic playmakers currently on the Niners offense. So why continue to operate out of the shotgun? Where are the 2 TEs, FB in front of Gore or Hunter, power runs and misdirection? I truly believe Harbaugh wants to rely on Kaeps arm and athleticism than have the overall talent (see, WRs) dictate the scheme. The past 2 weeks have been square peg / round hole (at least to me).

I am in no way wishing for an injury or want Kaep benched, but sadly, it seems like that's the only way to get back to Niner football.

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

How about a lock
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Thoughts?

How about a lock

This.
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Bear with me.

If, say, Kaep experienced a slight injury that caused him to miss tomorrow's game, what would happen. Sarcasm aside (I know McCoy was shaky in the preseason), it would force Harbaugh and Roman to employ a power running 2011/early 2012 game plan. Of course, the Rams would then stack the line, but the point being, I really hope the coaching staff reevaluates their offense personnel and play per-Kaepernick 49ers football. Run the ball, protect the ball (high percentage passes), play action and lower risk passing plays.

There aren't many dynamic playmakers currently on the Niners offense. So why continue to operate out of the shotgun? Where are the 2 TEs, FB in front of Gore or Hunter, power runs and misdirection? I truly believe Harbaugh wants to rely on Kaeps arm and athleticism than have the overall talent (see, WRs) dictate the scheme. The past 2 weeks have been square peg / round hole (at least to me).

I am in no way wishing for an injury or want Kaep benched, but sadly, it seems like that's the only way to get back to Niner football.

Thoughts?

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.....that's what I think.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Thoughts?

How about a lock

this
I don't buy it, man. We need to get back to playing Niner football with Kap under center, not McCoy.
Que?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Your mother was hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.....that's what I think.

I fart in your general direction.
Lock? Why?

I swear, the reading comprehension on here is abysmal sometimes!

SofaKing aside, did the rest of you actually read the post?

I dont think the coaching staff equates Kaepernicks talent and potential with smash mouth Niners football. Kaep's bigger and better than Alex Smith, so the offense should be bigger and better (and more dynamic), too. At least, that's what I think it looks like.

They dont have the WRs to employ "a spread the defense out, and throw the ball all over the field" type of offense. But they're trying their damndest since Kaep throws ropes and has been know to fit passes into tight windows. It's just not working this year.

I firmly believe that if Alex Smith, and possibly Colt McCoy was the QB against Indy, the Niners would've won or kept it a lot closer.

Why?

Because they wouldve gotten back to running the football. Consistently. Maybe not every run goes for 3-5 yards, but committing to it is still important. Yes, ideally this should be employed with Kaep under center, and maybe the coaches will this week, but somehow I doubt it.
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Lock? Why?

I swear, the reading comprehension on here is abysmal sometimes!

SofaKing aside, did the rest of you actually read the post?

I dont think the coaching staff equates Kaepernicks talent and potential with smash mouth Niners football. Kaep's bigger and better than Alex Smith, so the offense should be bigger and better (and more dynamic), too. At least, that's what I think it looks like.

They dont have the WRs to employ "a spread the defense out, and throw the ball all over the field" type of offense. But they're trying their damndest since Kaep throws ropes and has been know to fit passes into tight windows. It's just not working this year.

I firmly believe that if Alex Smith, and possibly Colt McCoy was the QB against Indy, the Niners would've won or kept it a lot closer.

Why?

Because they wouldve gotten back to running the football. Consistently. Maybe not every run goes for 3-5 yards, but committing to it is still important. Yes, ideally this should be employed with Kaep under center, and maybe the coaches will this week, but somehow I doubt it.

I think its because of how you worded your post... I mean some will just take it as you are jinxing Kap.

I would not mind if the 49ers did a spread type offense, IF they really did a spread one with WRs..and only Vernon or McDonald out at WR (heck the kid did it in College)..

but when you have Miller running WR routes, or just lined up at WR...no one is going to take that serious...same thing with Gore. But if you have Hunter or James, that would be different because they are faster and more agile to the point where a CB or Safety would have to take them serious.

I just don't like when we are in the pistol with FBs and TEs and we constantly pass out of it (especially when we do playaction, but it doesn't look like anyone and their momma takes it serious)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,278
What if Kaepernick got hurt last week?


We'll see Harbaugh warming up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08yYqGCTiM
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 18,902
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Lock? Why?

I swear, the reading comprehension on here is abysmal sometimes!

SofaKing aside, did the rest of you actually read the post?

I dont think the coaching staff equates Kaepernicks talent and potential with smash mouth Niners football. Kaep's bigger and better than Alex Smith, so the offense should be bigger and better (and more dynamic), too. At least, that's what I think it looks like.

They dont have the WRs to employ "a spread the defense out, and throw the ball all over the field" type of offense. But they're trying their damndest since Kaep throws ropes and has been know to fit passes into tight windows. It's just not working this year.

I firmly believe that if Alex Smith, and possibly Colt McCoy was the QB against Indy, the Niners would've won or kept it a lot closer.

Why?

Because they wouldve gotten back to running the football. Consistently. Maybe not every run goes for 3-5 yards, but committing to it is still important. Yes, ideally this should be employed with Kaep under center, and maybe the coaches will this week, but somehow I doubt it.
Agree! Great post
What if frogs had wings? They'd look weird.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't buy it, man. We need to get back to playing Niner football with Kap under center, not McCoy.

Injured or healthy, we need some niner football circa 2011/2012 regardless.

So we can see this again:

  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,270