LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 174 users in the forums

How far are we going?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How far are we going?

Originally posted by BrianGO:
And however much we have run the read option, that's not what's most important. The point that our offensive scheme has been s**t all season is still valid. You don't have as many negative rushing yards as we have had, with the O-line we have, <b>unless something is seriously wrong with the game plan.</b>

Agreed. The game plan can be fixed and I'm confident it will be. Contrary to current belief (belief around her changes from day to day), we do have a great coaching staff - or at least better than MOST teams.

With our gigantic holes at the WR position, we can't exactly run the same scheme we did last season. I think the staff is trying to figure out what works for the team as it is now.
We're going into Week 4. I mean, it's way too early to tell at this point. However, the way this team has been playing, the increasing injury toll, added on with very questionable game planning, play calls, and offensive schemes by the coaching staff...even making the playoffs seems like a reach RIGHT NOW.

With that being said, I do have enough confidence in the team as a whole to correct their flaws, mistakes, and become a functioning, well oiled machine of a team again sooner rather than later. We're in the middle of something, a bump in the road, and it will be interesting to see how this team overcomes and tackles adversity. The position we're in now, it sucks. But in the end, we'll know for sure what this team is made out of and I think we'll even be better in the long run. By mid season, more players will be coming back (from injury, etc), and I fully expect adjustments and changes will be made/established, particularly on offense; they should have more of an identity and be fully in sync by then. I say we make the playoffs, turn beast mode switch all the way on, and conquer with no remorse on our quest for 6
were taking everything. f**k all the haters. win tomorrow, get to 2-2 and do our jobs without worrying about seattle. i dont think theyre impossible to catch, its just two games and we play them in december. by then we will have most our guys back and hopefully we will be firing on all cylinders entering the playoffs. anything can happen
Aaron Rodgers 2008 season with a better defense and a little bit better run game. 8-8 with the arrow pointing up.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Aaron Rodgers 2008 season with a better defense and a little bit better run game. 8-8 with the arrow pointing up.

Good call.
If the team loses to the Rams, then I'll start hoping for a least a winning season with a strong finish. If we lose many more games over the next several weeks, the bitter irony is that the Seahawks game at home later in the season will start feeling like...
All the way to a top ten pick.
SB WIN!

But we'll need to turn it around starting tonight. If we lose another divisional game it almost over.

Much better game planning, play calling and schemes. As always injuries will playing a critical role.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We're not getting very far until we get all our players back. Maybe just miss getting a wildcard spot.
  • Jiks
6 straight Super Bowl losses

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 9erempire:
I hope Super Bowl but it's going to be hard especially seeing how Seattle is playing.

Let them get some significant road wins first. Also, the target in the NFC is now squarely upon them. Let us see how they respond

The target's not on the 49ers anymore, everybody wants to beat Seattle now, this might actually be good for us in the long term.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I hope Super Bowl but it's going to be hard especially seeing how Seattle is playing.

Let them get some significant road wins first. Also, the target in the NFC is now squarely upon them. Let us see how they respond

Seattle will probably win out at home, but probably lose again on the road like last year. The problem is, after the cluster f**k last Sunday, I don't know how we are going to win 10 games, let alone 12 games to overtake Seattle.

People forget, even against Green Bay. We relied 100% on Kap making plays. The offensive scheme was still pure s**t. We had 2nd and longs 3rd and longs and runs for negative yards. Our running game has been s**t all season. Our 1st and 2nd down passing has been almost as bad.
We look nothing like the team we were last year. Incredibly, our coaches believed the b******t hype about the read-option, despite the fact that it was barely 10% of Kap's rushing yards, and LESS effective as a crutch for our run game than our normal play-action with Alex Smith. Now we have made it a focal point, out of shear stupidity. Sorry, but that's what it is, "stupidity".

I've never seen a coaching staff so utterly mistaken about an offense before. We were five yards away from the Super Bowl win, yet incredibly, we decide to tear everything down and rebuild our offensive scheme, even going so far as to hire a walking, talking, mangina; all for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we will play Seattle at Century Link and beat them there in the playoffs. Last year, everybody said New England was unbeatable at home in December, and we know how that turned out. f**k Seattle.
man i aint even answering this one. lmao.

whenever we tend to jump the gun, it usually means disastrous consequences for us.

I mean the last two losses, we knew were gonna be wins, or at least thought. Then tonight, I'm hearing, no way we lose. So I'll rather take the wait and see approach.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:

49ers 24 Bengals 17

Lmao goniners 3-0
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

The target's not on the 49ers anymore, everybody wants to beat Seattle now, this might actually be good for us in the long term.

The 2nd we win a few games hype will be rejuvinated! Tho til seahawks drop a couple the hype will remain wit them as well :)
Share 49ersWebzone