There are 163 users in the forums

Outside Linebacker Help What?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Baalke looks like an idiot right now for giving away all our depth at OLB. Also drafting all these players that will probably miss the year looks stupid right now we could used WR and CB depth.
we had razor thin depth on the d line anyway so they go draft two guys who are hurt and may not play this year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

i wish i could counter that with a picture of a guy with his head buried in the sand but I am not smart enough to do that outplayed and out coached in two games in a row is not a huge cause for concern and now we go to a place where we never play well against a coaching regime that has schooled our coaches two games in a row. if we are the elite team we were told we were,, they will respond thursday . if not, well
I think Niners talking up Skuta but wouldn't be surprised if its Lemonier who takes Aldon's place! Gotta replace a pass rusher with a pass rusher... NO?

Hah ... perfect. This place is ridiculous. If the niners lose on Thursday I am not even going to come back here. I can't even imagine the inane cr@p and crazy theories that will thrown about.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Hah ... perfect. This place is ridiculous. If the niners lose on Thursday I am not even going to come back here. I can't even imagine the inane cr@p and crazy theories that will thrown about.

Can't you? Well we have already had the tanking the season theory. My guess is, CIA fixed the season or NFL Refs hate us.
Originally posted by English:

Can't you? Well we have already had the tanking the season theory. My guess is, CIA fixed the season or NFL Refs hate us.

My favorite theory is that we're attempting to replicate the Ravens/Giants formula -- lose early, get hot late and run the table.

I was almost convinced! lol
Originally posted by cciowa:

i wish i could counter that with a picture of a guy with his head buried in the sand but I am not smart enough to do that outplayed and out coached in two games in a row is not a huge cause for concern and now we go to a place where we never play well against a coaching regime that has schooled our coaches two games in a row. if we are the elite team we were told we were,, they will respond thursday . if not, well

Like this?

All jokes aside, Thursday will be the day that our team will have to play through the most adversity it has ever been under during the Harbaugh-era (e.g., several key injuries, a significant suspension, lack of chemistry, and a tough divisional foe, away, on a short week).

THIS, in my opinion, not the two games prior, will be a strong indicator of what this year's team is capable of.

Embrace it, my Niner brother. With an opportunity to fail miserably, there is also an opportunity to reveal greatness.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Sep 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM ]
We will win on Thursday due to dedication to the run game and an angry bitter defense full of piss and vinegar ready to knock the snott out of Sam Bradford.
maiocco with this on one of his recent blogs from today

Aside from the uncertainty surrounding Smith, the NFL said it has still not made a decision on whether Ahmad Brooks will face a suspension under the league's personal conduct policy.

Brooks, the starting outside linebacker on the other side, was not charged in an alleged assault case in which investigators reported in June he hit then-teammate Lamar Divens over the head three times with a beer bottle.

Originally posted by Mondini7:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Oh Jeez....

What rounds were Harlson and Johnson taken in? How many OLBs could the team keep? When you lose a guy you ALWAYS bring in someone else at that position for the practice squad.

RELAX.
Let's see where our pass rush comes from. Justin Smith, Brooks and ? ...Skuta? Hopefully Skuta can produce a high motor to go all four quarters wearing down a Tackle, or will he be over sized? I just don't see an inside Linebacker providing the arm length & outside pass rush moves to get around a left tackle. Let's see. It seems like a desperation move considering we are about to sign a free agent off the streets in D'Aundre Reed, who only played 6 games last season. Seems Desperate, but hopefully we can still produce. Niners!

Lemonier.

Haralson had 22.5 CAREER sacks. Johnson had ONE good PRESEASON game which gave him value. They would have cut him anyway but that one good game gave them leverage to trade him for a pick.

It cracks me up how people think that Haralson and Johnson were SOOOOOO much better than they EVER showed at any point in their careers.
We had greater needs with our depth then those two. Besides PH had one good year didn't play at all last season so not worth the gamble on the price tag. Get over it. If some one else at another position of need went out for the season people would be crying why did we let so and so go? We could have used him.

Those decisions are why we are on the zone talking about it instead of actually being paid to make those decisions. Ill take the word of any front office then any rabid fan.
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
I think Niners talking up Skuta but wouldn't be surprised if its Lemonier who takes Aldon's place! Gotta replace a pass rusher with a pass rusher... NO?

My guess is Skuta and then Lemonier on obvious passing downs.
Cam Johnson and Prays were the answer to replacing the fastest guy to 30+ sacks since Reggie...

People will be saying Craig Dahl is mad at the coaches for not making him starter and gave Fisher the game plan. Like last year with Brandon Jacobs and the Giants.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Sep 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone