There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Playbook

I think there are several thing going on with the offense:

1. Not running enough
2. Kaep being too aggressive instead of taking what's available
3. Over simplification of the playbook (fewer wasted timeouts, but horrible production)
4. Poor wr play
5. Poor route combinations
6. poor gameplan diversity (people seem to know what we're running, we aren't fooling anyone)

I think the Roman needs to call the same game he did when Alex was here, and concentrate on the run game. Go back to diverse personnel packages, and scheme better route combos, and well be fine.
Originally posted by Jmahoney1979:
I think there are several thing going on with the offense:

1. Not running enough
2. Kaep being too aggressive instead of taking what's available
3. Over simplification of the playbook (fewer wasted timeouts, but horrible production)
4. Poor wr play
5. Poor route combinations
6. poor gameplan diversity (people seem to know what we're running, we aren't fooling anyone)

I think the Roman needs to call the same game he did when Alex was here, and concentrate on the run game. Go back to diverse personnel packages, and scheme better route combos, and well be fine.

one thing that alex smith reportedly added to the run game was his ability to make presnap reads and audible into a better run play when necessary.kaepernick doesn't have that ability yet as he doesn't have smith's experience

one thing I wonder about is whether the presnap reads are the same when the niners line up in pistol as opposed to the traditional iformation with the qb under center, or if one is easier than the other

it doesn't seem the niners use a lot of motion in the pistol/read option formations, which can give the qb a read on what coverages the defense will be playing
Please....no more pistol.