There are 216 users in the forums

Did the niners find the super bowl formula?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
People forget we've been so immune to season-changing injuries these past years, Harbaugh is not immune to this, every coach goes through this, and some have even won the Superbowl with all these odds against them.

49ers are gonna be at FULL POWER by probably December, and that's where we're gonna save our season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Get 10 or 11 wins, then make a superbowl run with very well rested players. The giants and ravens did very well with this formula. Its not about winning 13 regular season games, its about winning the superbowl...all we have to do is get a wildcard berth and we can win it all.

we have to win on thursday and get off this losing streak, get back to the basics that made this team so great the last two years and we will slowly be getting our guys back. by late november or december i think we will be at full strength and hopefully be in the playoffs. once were in anything can happen!!!
Get 10 or 11 wins, then make a superbowl run with very well rested players. The giants and ravens did very well with this formula. Its not about winning 13 regular season games, its about winning the superbowl...all we have to do is get a wildcard berth and we can win it all.
PLEASE LETS KEEP IN MIND THAT EVEN IF THE TEAM MAKES IT TO THE PLAYOFFS VIA A WILDCARD ...THE BIG PROBLEM IS SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE IN THE PLAYOFFS WILL HAVE TO FACE THE SEAHAWKS!!! LETS START GETTING REAL HERE GUYS..THE SEAHAWKS ARE A BETTER TEAM PLAYERS WISE AND BETTER COACHING..THAT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS TO MOST IN THE NFL WORLD!!
I'm seeing a draft pick formula so far.....
The sad thing it's kinda true. Baltimore got Suggs and Lewis back and we will have manningham and crabs so that's what we need. However Seattle at home is harsh and away they are above average at best so we need home field. Good thing are only hard games left are sea Houston at our home
Originally posted by buck:
I do not have the formula for winning Super Bowls, but I do have a couple of interesting formulas if you have the money.

First, I have the oft sought after formula for turning lead into gold.

Second, well that is a secret. I have to see your bid for alchemy formula before I reveal the second.

Pm me this secret lmao!
Could use some season tickets lol
I'm not sure our team is "rested". They look hurt, to me.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The formula to a good Super Bowl party is to have an equal amount of females and male ratio

I dunno man. I don't like having to explain what a first down means every 10 minutes.
The trick is to just keep them humming

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Hurt feelings?
Having 10 wins means:
-No Bye week to rest/prepare
-Having to play 3 road games to reach superbowl
-One road game will likely be IN SEATTLE

I would put the odds of 49ers winning 10 games as wild card and then winning 3 road games AND winning the 4th at the superbowl at about 5% at the most.
I would rather win the division and have ast least 1 home game + bye week.

This year i see the winner of the NFC reaching the superbowl with the home field advantage. Whether its Seattle, Saints, Packers, 49ers etc.
Originally posted by tlandman66:
PLEASE LETS KEEP IN MIND THAT EVEN IF THE TEAM MAKES IT TO THE PLAYOFFS VIA A WILDCARD ...THE BIG PROBLEM IS SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE IN THE PLAYOFFS WILL HAVE TO FACE THE SEAHAWKS!!! LETS START GETTING REAL HERE GUYS..THE SEAHAWKS ARE A BETTER TEAM PLAYERS WISE AND BETTER COACHING..THAT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS TO MOST IN THE NFL WORLD!!

No it isn't. Except to Seahawks fans of course.

Now stop shouting.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Hurt feelings?

Mentally and physically worn down. A little scary only going into week 4.
Originally posted by English:
No it isn't. Except to Seahawks fans of course.

Now stop shouting.

2 posts in all caps with both of them pretending to be a 49er fan and he isn't banned yet? This seems to be the new trend especially with Seahawks fans. How bad do you have to suck at life to do something like he's doing.

As for the topic at hand there is a long way to go yet so we still might win the division, we might be a wildcard team or we might not make it at all. Maybe what has happened can work out in our favor. We could be that wild card team who gets hot while getting guys like Manningham, Aldon and Crabtree back healthy and fully ready to go for the home stretch and the playoffs. We had the bye the last 2 years and we couldn't finish the job that way. Seems like now the hot wildcard team has a better shot at winning the SB than the bye team playing evenly most of the season. I don't know if you can say we found the formula but we certainly are facing a lot of adversity which some times turns a team around and they are better for it. I think another turning point we had that changed the 2011 season and possibly the 2012 season was that week 3 game against Philly being down 21? at half time and coming back to win it. We went from looking like same old team to wow there is something different about us. Old regime could have never done that. Back to back east coast 10 am games and came away 2-0. Almost matched our total 10 am east coast wins from 03-10 on that trip. Think we were 3-19 before that (2003-2010).
Share 49ersWebzone