There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Little Perspective, Please?

Unfortunately, our "good" qb is holding the team back. Hope Kaepernick gets it together and spends more time studying film and practicing his fundamentals rather than trying to look good for cameras and stealing Flacco's chicken.
Originally posted by Forkenick:
Unfortunately, our "good" qb is holding the team back. Hope Kaepernick gets it together and spends more time studying film and practicing his fundamentals rather than trying to look good for cameras and stealing Flacco's chicken.

Well I'm sure Colin doesn't sit around thinking "Hmm...I think I'll skip practice and go shoot a commercial". When you sign endorsement deals you're contractually obligated to film commercials and appear in photo ads. Usually these things take up a small percentage of a person's time. You go shoot your parts and you're done. Back to football (or whatever else is in the day's schedule). What's the big deal there?

Colin has also received a lot of flack for wearing the headphones during interviews. I don't know if it's true, but it's said that he has and endorsement deal with a headphone company. If they say "Colin, you have to wear these every second of every minute that a camera is pointed at you" well...that's what he's gotta do. Pro's and cons of trying to make some extra (long term) cash. You contractually become a walking/talking billboard and there's nothing you can do about it.

Top players have done this for decades with no issues. No reason to think Colin can't handle it. He'll be fine.
Originally posted by trellblaze:

Well I'm sure Colin doesn't sit around thinking "Hmm...I think I'll skip practice and go shoot a commercial". When you sign endorsement deals you're contractually obligated to film commercials and appear in photo ads. Usually these things take up a small percentage of a person's time. You go shoot your parts and you're done. Back to football (or whatever else is in the day's schedule). What's the big deal there?

Colin has also received a lot of flack for wearing the headphones during interviews. I don't know if it's true, but it's said that he has and endorsement deal with a headphone company. If they say "Colin, you have to wear these every second of every minute that a camera is pointed at you" well...that's what he's gotta do. Pro's and cons of trying to make some extra (long term) cash. You contractually become a walking/talking billboard and there's nothing you can do about it.

Top players have done this for decades with no issues. No reason to think Colin can't handle it. He'll be fine.

1-2
1-2

We're not 1-2 because of Colin's endorsement deals.
bench kap? what the hell is wrong with you guys? kaps not the reason our receivers can get open and hes not calling the plays that keep gore from doing his job. biggest issues are playcalling and s**tty receivers
I just don't want to go 8-8. Can we either go full retard or at least make it in as a wild card.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I just don't want to go 8-8. Can we either go full retard or at least make it in as a wild card.

were not tanking in week 4 lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

were not tanking in week 4 lol

I just want decisiveness.
bench kap? what the hell is wrong with you guys? kaps not the reason our receivers can get open and hes not calling the plays that keep gore from doing his job. biggest issues are playcalling and s**tty receivers

Kaep is responsible for calling the right play at the LOS, he has the ability to audible into whatever play that he thinks would work best against the given defense. He has just failed miserably at doing this.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
The 2006 Giants didn't win the Super Bowl...

5 SB winning teams out of 47 were 1-2. You're right; it's in the bag.

If people came into this season expecting us to dominate along the way to a Super Bowl, I can begin to understand the despair, frustration, and anger the two losses have unleashed.

Every season is a new season and the whole season has to be played out. We are 1 and 2. I get it. I am not happy.

But, damn folks the world is not about to end. Or did someone forget to tell me.

Kaep is responsible for calling the right play at the LOS, he has the ability to audible into whatever play that he thinks would work best against the given defense. He has just failed miserably at doing this.

im pretty sure kap isnt calling the play at the line. hes getting fed the play by harbaugh and roman. he may audible sometimes but i doubt its as often as you think. . we dont have receivers. that and penalties are the two major problems and i think we have guys on our team who can step in at receiver if given a chance. why kyle is still playing so many snaps is beyond me. play baldwin and/or harper and patton. kyle cant beat the jam on the line and moore is a super scrub.
f**k this. A new low for Niner talk.

You know you're a bandwagon fan when you're FLIPPING OUT over being 1-2. Jesus.

im pretty sure kap isnt calling the play at the line. hes getting fed the play by harbaugh and roman. he may audible sometimes but i doubt its as often as you think. . we dont have receivers. that and penalties are the two major problems and i think we have guys on our team who can step in at receiver if given a chance. why kyle is still playing so many snaps is beyond me. play baldwin and/or harper and patton. kyle cant beat the jam on the line and moore is a super scrub.

This is Kap's third year. If that's true, we're in trouble.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
f**k this. A new low for Niner talk.

You know you're a bandwagon fan when you're FLIPPING OUT over being 1-2. Jesus.

the most disturbing thing is that its a lot of the vets around here acting like the sky is falling
Originally posted by 9erempire:
We need to draft another QB next year....I'm thinking this guy. Heisman candidate, Derek Carr.

Just for the record, you do know this is David Carr's younger brother right?