There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Inconvenient Truth — We are terrible in most phases of the game

its funny first thing out of people's mouths is our secondary is bad

when the last 2 weeks the qb's haven't even thrown for 200 yards and a combined 1 td pass and that 1 was to a running back coming out of the back field on a blitz.

and the rest of your initial post.. im finding it hard to take you serious.

linebackers have been great.

they've been stuffing the run for 3 quarters a game and 4th with no rest they give way.

wr's don't get involved and we start the wrong ones. and we substitute so stupidly they can't get a rhythm.

special teams hasn't done anything wrong in the 1st 3 games

the coverage has been excellent and have even blocked a punt what are you talking about?

and gore ran into 7 yards per carry today lol
I don't see that our defense has any glaring problems. Its entirely the play calling on Offense.This game was winnable well into the 4th quarter thanks to the defense.

Whoever is calling the plays is not sticking to what works. They have success running the ball and they then start passing. This Colts game should have been 70% run 30% pass after the Niners first scoring drive. Anyone could see that, and if everyone sees it so glaringlyhow is it that the coaches whos only job it is cant? Instead they keep trying to Make Kaep the one to do it through the air. This is purely Ego on the behalf of the coaches. It's as if they want to prove Kaep is a great QB. News flash he's not. And if they keep this up hes going to completely lose his confidence and never will be.

The players played well when they are utilized correctly. Granted the receives cant seem to separate but if they had kept pounding the ground that would have changed. The coaches need to spend less time making commercials and interviews and more time working on the team. If I'm the Niners owner today heads would be rolling.

The Niners didn't win the superbowl and shouldn't be acting as if they did.
[ Edited by Hugheesd on Sep 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Belichick is winning with less talent. Coughlin won SBs with less talent. While you took a lot of time to manifest this nice thread... the bottom line is our coaches are getting OUTCOACHED!!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Belichick is winning with less talent. Coughlin won SBs with less talent. While you took a lot of time to manifest this nice thread... the bottom line is our coaches are getting OUTCOACHED!!

offensively
I don't think it is quite as Henny penny as this has made it out to be - save the receiving core - I think Trent B is greatly over rated and they have been reading a bit to much of their own press.

We are at Crisis the injuries are pretty epic at this point.

The biggest problem is We have NO offensive Identity anymore - Kap is falling quickly into a sophomore slump - Seattle gets home field and we are DONE kids.

2 games down - desperate times.
Everything that has to do with offense is the problem.
true dat
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by LVJay:

offensively

ALL of them. If Fangina doesn't know by now that the defense has to carry this team because Roblow is blowing/Harbaugh is Harboneheading it.... he's gotta figure a way out with subbing in guys at the right time and more blitz... and wtf up with special teams?!
The sky is falling right now.. Seriously.. But have you guys noticed that Ted Ginn has actually been catching deep bombs lately and is finally turning into a decent deep threat?? Totally off the subject sorry guys, but I don't know why it just pisses me off that he is doing good with Carolina. I wish we would have at least kept him solely on his returning skills
Originally posted by fastforward:
Not really. The Chiefs offense relies on the passing game (Smith is inching closer to 300 yd/game), while the 2011 49ers offense relied on the running game.

Rushing
Jamaal Charles - 20/96, 1 TD ----- Frank Gore - 11/82.

Receiving
Jamaal Charles - 7/80 ----- Frank Gore 2/21

That's the difference between KC and SF. One team knows they have a bell cow and then use him.
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
99% of those problems can be fixed by checking the ball down to the 5 yard routes... Move the ball, eat the clock, keep opposing offense off the field, wear down their defense, rest our defense...

Kind of like the Chiefs.

Kind of like the 2011 49ers...

So you guys want the 2011 49ers offense back... then we can make more threads about how our QB never takes shots downfield and our offense is what is going to hold back our team from making a Super Bowl run? Then we'll have "Is Kaepernick holding our team back?" and "Lol Captain Checkdown strikes again" discussions. Wonderful

The only people who didn't like it were those who can't get past fantasy football scores. I'd rather have a 200 yard win from a QB than a 150 yard loss. Go read the Kaepernick thread and notice all the Kapscuses. They sound oddly familiar.
I'm a 49er fan, I feel as though I'm hung over after the Colt game and I don't drink. It's easy to knock a man when he's down, the Packers and Falcons are 1-2. The Super Bowl loss may have taken more out of us than we anticipated. It's a long way from May to December, keep the faith. Go Niners.
our secondary got called for some horrific penalties that were crap. The first one was a great hit by Whitner that was legal and took the air right out of us. I disagree that our secondary is weak. Nmamdi played really well yesterday, as a matter of fact you didnt even hear his name one time. They were not throwing his way. Those holding calls were sh**. even the announcers couldnt figure out where they came from. Yes we are playing terrible right now an its obvious our receivers are really week but we can get a win Thurs we are right back in it. Have to have a better game plan though. Some glaring weaknesses are showing.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'm a 49er fan, I feel as though I'm hung over after the Colt game and I don't drink. It's easy to knock a man when he's down, the Packers and Falcons are 1-2. The Super Bowl loss may have taken more out of us than we anticipated. It's a long way from May to December, keep the faith. Go Niners.

Extended seasons 2 years in a row hurt the team physically and it is showing with all of the injuries. That said, I trust Harbaugh to fix this current mess.
Yes we have some shortcomings but so does every team out there. Fact is our O- line and D-line have been dominated the past 8 quarters of football and that's alarming. We let many of our big body D tackles go, the O- tackles have been getting owned its just been pathetic. Add in the fact the Wr's are terrible.... you get the picture