LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 380 users in the forums

Coaches are hypnotized by Kaeps tatted right arm...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont know, maybe there's something subliminal in Kaep's tats that have caused Harbaugh and Roman to ABANDON WHAT THIS TEAM WAS BUILT TO BE and just keep slinging it around the field.

With a receiving corp missing it's top 3 WRs from last year.

And minimal "QB under center" power football which greatly impacts play action.

Protect the football, high percentage passes, and committing to the run. It worked in 2011 and 2012.

It really doesnt matter how much yardage the running game is netting. Volume running is important. At some point, it will wear down a defense (see Indy, today) and help set up the pass. Between Gore, Hunter, and Kaep, this team should be running the ball 30-35 times a game. Today: 22. Colts: 39 rushes.

Trent Richardson had 2 FEWER carries than Gore and Hunter COMBINED (13 vs 15; meanwhile, Bradshaw had 19 by himself).

I still 100% believe in Kaepernick and think he can be the Niners franchise QB for the next 5 to 8 years, but I hope everyone realizes that SF probably wins this game if Alex Smith was QB (and they probably make it a lot closer in Seattle last week). I dont think Smith is better than Kaep, or wish the Niners still had him, but I do think that Smith's game is a better fit (for coaches when game planning) given their offensive personnel. If the 2011 WR corp could find ways to get open, so can this one. But it falls on the coaching staff to put them in the best position to do so.

Unfortunately, right now, it's square peg / round hole. And that peg is taking an ungodly beating.
[ Edited by Blake_Fever on Sep 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol
If so, these last 2 games should snap them out of it.
Share 49ersWebzone