There are 214 users in the forums

Poll:Is Thursday night a must win game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll:Is Thursday night a must win game?

I wouldn't say it's a must-win, because they could still very-conceivably go something like 10-6 (I mean, after Houston in week 5, we have consecutive games of Jacksonville, Arizona, Tennessee, and Carolina... that's a pretty forgiving stretch). However, it would obviously be nice to make a statement game and get back up to .500.
I'm already chalking up Thursday night as a loss. I simply hope for a supreme effort & focus so in case they lose I'm not dejected because they played hard or if they win, not overly excited.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'm already chalking up Thursday night as a loss. I simply hope for a supreme effort & focus so in case they lose I'm not dejected because they played hard or if they win, not overly excited.

me neither lol, our offense sucks, we are going to be without willis and aldon. rams are at home, rams coming off 2 losses too, they going to be desperate as well. rams tied and beat us last year, yea its not looking good for us on thursday.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

me neither lol, our offense sucks, we are going to be without willis and aldon. rams are at home, rams coming off 2 losses too, they going to be desperate as well. rams tied and beat us last year, yea its not looking good for us on thursday.

And we were clearly outcoached twice by them last year with half the talent they have now. This should be an intresting game, no doubt! Must win, even this early.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Agree with above. I'm not sure how anyone can expect us to win with the way we've looked the last two weeks against a team who has proven to play us very well. It's double sad cuz its my birthday on Thursday too
It is a must win game that we can, and should win.

If the staff gets the team focused and dialed in as opposed to becoming mental cases over everything going on they can still dominate.

But the second part of the equation is the staff needs to have a powerful game plan the players can respond to and believe in.

But if they lose this one, its over unless there is some magical meltdown throughout the rest of the division.
If the niners dont go back to the hard nosed style of '11 and early '12, we will lose and lose BIG in St. Louis.

the pistol read option and our s**tty wrs arent foolin anyone
they are all must wins. the goal is the sb right? seattle is basically impossible to win in right? seattle is also 2 games better than us with a head to head win right? add it all up and if we dont take the div we're gonna be one of leagues 31 losers
Absolutely!

One game at a time. If we lose any NFC West games we're toast.
definitely

Well, seeing how the Seahawks already have the division locked up, yes.

It's tough to turn around in a short week and have to travel two time zones to play... unless the Rams cooperate.
Originally posted by fastforward:

It's tough to turn around in a short week and have to travel two time zones to play... unless the Rams cooperate.
Not that my non-expert opinion means much, but I really think with all the turmoil going on that we're going to get what a lot of us have been begging for since Sunday's loss; a simplified, smashmouth (with sprinkles of "shot plays") offensive game plan. The staff more than likely pre-planned for this game, knowing before the season they would have a short week for planning and installation, but our current problems more than likely spurred the coaching staff to throw anything cute out the window.

They don't have enough time to get overly fancy as far as X's and O's, so look forward to a lot of powers, traps, sweeps and screens Thursday. I expect the Niners to face a lot of 8-to-9 man fronts and there's going to be moments where the game gets frustrating because unlike Sunday, they're going to stick with it even when we get stuffed. But I think it's going to pay off in the form of us have very few turnovers, controlling the clock, and taking pressure off of Colin so he can rebuild confidence with easy throws (HB screens, bubble screens, one-read slants, check downs).

It'll be close. It'll be "boring," but I really believe we get a hard-fought win Thursday to the tune of 20-17 or 17-10. Not pretty on tape, but a W's a W, right?

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Let's see what happens when Seattle actually plays a decent team. The luster was taken off their win against the 49ers by what happened yesterday. I am not sold on Seattle yet either, but there may not be much comp for the NFC West anyway.

Did you just argue that a team isn't legitimate because your team is so bad that they can't be considered a legitimate opponent?

10/10
Originally posted by TeaPartier123:
you are under estimating a team coached by Harbaugh. When a team is coached by the best coach in the nfl history, it just ain't the same.

Best coach in the history of the NFL???? This is perhaps the most stupid quote I have seen on the forum!
Share 49ersWebzone