LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Poll:Is Thursday night a must win game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll:Is Thursday night a must win game?

With everything that's going on and starting out 1-2 is this a must win?
After the last two games -- the team really needs a good performance. I thought they would be fired up for the Indy game. Instead they came out and slept walked through the first three quarters. When they finally started to play with a bit of fire and passion, it was too late.
every game is a must win
Originally posted by jreff22:
every game is a must win

This. And team problems aren't solved because of a win. Just masked. I'd take a loss next Thursday if the receivers started getting seperation, Kap found open receivers, the run game was reestablisehd, and the defense help the team under 3.5 ypc.
1 - 3 and this season is finished and we are looking at the draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
every game is a must win

And we do not win every game so we are screwed.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Interesting. If we 1-3, do the other twelve games lose their importance?

If that is the case, I guess every game is not a must win game, huh.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM ]
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Every game from now on must be treated like a playoff game, IMO.
With Seattle already 2 games ahead, our margin for errors is gone.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

you are under estimating a team coached by Harbaugh. When a team is coached by the best coach in the nfl history, it just ain't the same.
In 2012, we played the Packers in week 1 and beat them.....In 2012, we played at Seattle and lost badly.....In 2012, we got smoked in week 3 (Vikes)....So if the pattern continues Dawson will miss a game winner Thursday night
[ Edited by vamphunter23 on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM ]

I have a bad feeling w/ this short week coming. So many key names still banged up.
I think this Thursday we will see if we have some depth that the coaches have been hesitant to play. I would like to see Lemonier show up big in his first game.
Every game is a MUST win game!
I think we can recover from 1-3 to sniff the playoffs... wouldn't bet money on it though.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
I think this Thursday we will see if we have some depth that the coaches have been hesitant to play. I would like to see Lemonier show up big in his first game.

We're going to need them and I hope they pann out. Willis, Vernon, Aldon, and probably Nnamdi is out. Those are 4 key players right there, most on D. Vernon is a huge loss in the offense.
Share 49ersWebzone