There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Wasn't this how it was at Stanford? Harbaugh and Luck........now Harbaugh and Kaep.

No. At Stanford Harbaugh never deviated from good old fashioned power running and play action passing. I have no idea WTF he is trying to do right now with the 49ers.

Exactly. There was no indication at all from the stanford days that this would be the offense we would evolve into. We all thought we would maintain the style of offense we ran in 2011 and most of 2012, only it would get better overtime due to us adding more personel to run it. Then we start getting head scratching pics in the draft of players that don really fit that mold and eventually we get to where we are now. I dont know wtf happened but i dont like it and i want it fixed.
He has good reason to be but it's natural. I bet 99% of every NFL player has been mad at their coach. Every player in the 80's got mad at Walsh.
This game better be a wake-up call for the coaching staff.

Reduce the playbook. Get more WCO schemes out of the "Vault" and attack on the ground.

Sometimes these coaches are so stubborn and pig headed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Good, Harbaugh needs a serious reality check. They go in against the 27th ranked run defense in the NFL, Gore averages 7.5 yards a carry....and then they stop running the ball? b******t.
Two playoff elimination games we have done this. Cost Gore two shots at the ring when he was averaging more than 5.5 yards per carry
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Good, Harbaugh needs a serious reality check. They go in against the 27th ranked run defense in the NFL, Gore averages 7.5 yards a carry....and then they stop running the ball? b******t.

Thanks for just bringing that up.

Now I'm just going to SMH.
[ Edited by robniner on Sep 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM ]
He should, and I believe he did the same thing during the falcons game. Too bad he didn't in the super bowl.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This game better be a wake-up call for the coaching staff.

Reduce the playbook. Get more WCO schemes out of the "Vault" and attack on the ground.

Sometimes these coaches are so stubborn and pig headed.

overconfidence and complacency
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Wasn't this how it was at Stanford? Harbaugh and Luck........now Harbaugh and Kaep.

No. At Stanford Harbaugh never deviated from good old fashioned power running and play action passing. I have no idea WTF he is trying to do right now with the 49ers.

Exactly. There was no indication at all from the stanford days that this would be the offense we would evolve into. We all thought we would maintain the style of offense we ran in 2011 and most of 2012, only it would get better overtime due to us adding more personel to run it. Then we start getting head scratching pics in the draft of players that don really fit that mold and eventually we get to where we are now. I dont know wtf happened but i dont like it and i want it fixed.

Yup, if you watched those stanford's teams, they were all about the run game. You could even argue they held Luck back, because of it.
This is what the Captains should be doing
Good for Frank. Hopefully it sticks.
Harbaugh and Roman are not as smart as I thought they were. They have grossly mismanaged this offense. That's whats most disappointing to me.

But like many of you have said, maybe these beatdowns will be a reality check for them. They need to return to the basics, what made them successful at Stanford and what won the 49ers the last 2 division titles.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,635
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Who's got it better than us?

UNLV Rebels. They're 2-2!!
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Who's got it better than us?

KC
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,635
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Harbaugh and Roman are not as smart as I thought they were. They have grossly mismanaged this offense. That's whats most disappointing to me.

But like many of you have said, maybe these beatdowns will be a reality check for them. They need to return to the basics, what made them successful at Stanford and what won the 49ers the last 2 division titles.

On the contrary, Harbone/Roblow are very smart... so smart that they can even outsmart themselves
Pete Carroll right now is coaching much better than Harbaugh, it's sad but true.