There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Originally posted by mkmasn:
If I was Gore I'd threaten to retire or be traded. Last good year or two gonna be wasting away behind Roman's high school scheme.

Thats the thing. Gore would never do that IMO because he is the definition of a 49er. He wants a ring, and he wants to get it as a 49er.
Happens all the time, especially when 2 guys as competitive as Harbaugh and Gore are losing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlrCH6gLQw
Originally posted by Baldie:
Thats what I don't get....the first 2 weeks the teams you played STOPPED the read option, yet on the 3rd week you still use it just as much. They were even stopping it most of the game.

Well defenses have figured out ways of slowing it down. Not stopping it. I guess the coaches think that once the offense adjusts to the defensive tactics used to stop the read option it will continue to be a productive formation. Really the QB is not the part of the formation that is being stopped but that part has been relatively figured out. It's the RB option.. Dlines our crashing their gaps and getting to the backfield before the play starts so RBs have no room to create.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Technically we didn't stop running we just switched to the read option instead of all the I form packages.

4 carries for hunter and gore combined in the second half..
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Technically we didn't stop running we just switched to the read option instead of all the I form packages.

Thats what I don't get....the first 2 weeks the teams you played STOPPED the read option, yet on the 3rd week you still use it just as much. They were even stopping it most of the game.

I think Roman just get's too cute and doesn't do what any good O coordinator does. When something works you keep doing it until the D proves they can stop it.
Yes because with us running the way we were from the I the Colts would have had to sell out to stop it and then even KW could be open. If we continued to run eventually passing would have come easy. Same with passing. If you are cooking the DBs eventually a team will give help then the arithmetic in the box is in your favor for the run. Do what is working until the opponent sells out to stop you and then you make them pay for it. Dumb play calling and stupid penalties. We are beating ourselves and Gore ain't getting no younger

This is what worries me. I fear the coaching staff scrapped much of what we did in the past, and fully installed a pistol read-option offense during training camp. I wonder if they can change even if they wanted to.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
he shouldn't have did that. now harbaugh is gonna trade him for a 7th rounder.

No No No..

First he is going to defend him in the media
Then he is going to say that he is a starter

Then he trades him
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Id say thats pretty close to the definition of stopping running lol.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
I think Roman just get's too cute and doesn't do what any good O coordinator does. When something works you keep doing it until the D proves they can stop it.

Yea it really doesn't make sense. We literally score and then stop running all the formations that got us the score.
We were dominating the 1st quarter running and then we mysteriously went away from the rest of the game. Frank was on pace to 150 - 200 yards and we had a great chance to win. Instead we decided to get cute and do read options and throw from the pocket to 3rd string, undersized, young WR's.....
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I just rewatched the 3rd qtr and there's 4 runs and Kaep keeps its once in the read option. That's 5 runs in the 3rd qtr. They only had about a 12 snap too. Anyways about to watch the 4th again so will see if your stats are wrong or if they really just give up on the run in the 4th.
Kaep and Jim have more commercials than wins
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
he shouldn't have did that. now harbaugh is gonna trade him for a 7th rounder.

No No No..

First he is going to defend him in the media
Then he is going to say that he is a starter

Then he trades him

Nicely done.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

This is what worries me. I fear the coaching staff scrapped much of what we did in the past, and fully installed a pistol read-option offense during training camp. I wonder if they can change even if they wanted to.

Well they think Kaep can carry this offense with his arm. He's showed the past 2 weeks its not all about Kaep. I'm a fan of him just like everyone else is and liked the move from Alex to Kaep but that doesn't mean you have to change the way you run the offense....RUNNING was working, that is a 49er staple. If they plan to use Kaep to carry this team, then kiss the postseason goodbye for 2013.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

We will have to change or we will get buried. The whole league knows this now. The formula is set. These people see themselves as innovators. It has worked, but this is the NFL. There are 31 other very smart defensive coaching staffs who all copy what works. The best coaching staffs simply get the best schemes for their talent and execute them better than anyone else. Yes, strategy is a huge part of what makes a scheme successful, but in the end you have to do what you do the best and simply execute better than the D.