There are 192 users in the forums

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 1swift:
I remember when this board used to have a good laugh at other teams boards imploding with completely illogical nonsense after losses. Now, here we are. 3 games removed from the Superbowl and it seems people are longing for Singletary and wanting to sit Kaep.

Clearly these last 2 weeks are an absolute embarrassment and a LOT has to be done to right the ship but do you all really believe what you're saying?

I'm not trying to dismiss this as a "little adversity" but this can be fixed.

I'm not panicking....yet. I try to think what could possibly right the ship and two things come to mind. Better WR's who can beat press man or power running it 1st down, 2nd down, and 3rd down if we don't have to gain more than 3. The WR issues probably wont get solved because multiple factors come into play like cap space, market availability, scheme fits, and we would probably have to give up something valuable to get something valuable. I'm not partial to running it all 3 downs. I think will make ourselves one dimensional which we already are so I guess we might aswell sell out then at this point. Regardless we need a Rams win. I still believe in Kaep and the coaches but I expected a little more from the entire organization.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
What makes this worse, the Seahawks are 3-0 and already have a 2-game lead. All offseason we kept hearing how the Hawks will dethrone us and after 3 weeks, it looks to be true. A lot can swing in 1 week however. We get a win in St. Louis and Houston beats the Seahawks in Houston, then they have a one game lead.

I just don't get how stupid one could be? Our only TD came after a creative running drive with Gore and capped it off with Hunter. It's like they were trying to out-coach themselves by going away from it. Sometimes doing simple things will work. Yes the read-option is dynamic and can ter up a defense, but not all the time. Defenses aren't stupid anymore.

You know what was Kaepernick's best game IMO? His first one as a starter against Chicago. That was when we didn't have too much read-option and they had Kaepernick play Alex Smith ball. The offense was still accustomed to AS as a starter so they ran the ball well and Kaep dropped back and threw short to intermediate routes. Then of course it evolved from there, but the basics were there that night and that is how we should play from here on out. No one respects the read-option anymore.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Nice post Rascal. Pretty much nailed it.

I wouldn't consider benching Kap, not given the alternatives. I don't really think this is his fault anyways. The entire offense is set up for failure with this scheme and playcalling.

Harbaugh and Roman are largely responsible for this mess. They took the offense in this direction after falling in love with the pistol read-option. Time to scrap it and move back to the Stanford offense.

Baalke is responsible for the state of our WR core. Nothing he could have done about Crab and Manningham, that is obvious. But his miss on A.J. Jenkins was a killer. He was supposed to add that downfield speed element, and he completely blew that pick. Huge misstep in the short term.

We need to do something drastic at WR. Send KW to the bench, start Patton, activate and play Baldwin.

Work the phones for Kenny Britt...I bet he could be had for a 7th rounder. Lord knows Baalke has enough of those.

Patton isn't the answer. Fact is Moore, KW, Boldin, and Patton are getting jammed at the line and muscled off their routes. Indi was throwing 5 and 6 man blitzes at us because they had numbers. Every team we play are going to be able to do that. We need a #1 double team drawing press man beating monster. That would fill out the entire core IMO.

That is not an invalid thought. A few of us especially myself have said long ago we need a franchise WR and people thought I was from another planet. It is all Baalke's fault for taking the WR position too lightly and have never invested properly in that area in the draft. 1 "double team drawing press man beating monster" is a start, not sure whethe that will be enough. But, the kind of talent we are talking about are Julio Jones type level. I believe we need to trade up into the mid-teens at least and draft another one in the 2nd.

Having said that, Sofaking is right, we still need to do something in the meantime. We can't afford just sit and wait until the next draft if we want to salvage this season before it is out of reach and control.
Who's GOT IT BETTER THAN US???

EEEEVERYBODY! ... lol
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
What makes this worse, the Seahawks are 3-0 and already have a 2-game lead. All offseason we kept hearing how the Hawks will dethrone us and after 3 weeks, it looks to be true. A lot can swing in 1 week however. We get a win in St. Louis and Houston beats the Seahawks in Houston, then they have a one game lead.

I just don't get how stupid one could be? Our only TD came after a creative running drive with Gore and capped it off with Hunter. It's like they were trying to out-coach themselves by going away from it. Sometimes doing simple things will work. Yes the read-option is dynamic and can ter up a defense, but not all the time. Defenses aren't stupid anymore.

You know what was Kaepernick's best game IMO? His first one as a starter against Chicago. That was when we didn't have too much read-option and they had Kaepernick play Alex Smith ball. The offense was still accustomed to AS as a starter so they ran the ball well and Kaep dropped back and threw short to intermediate routes. Then of course it evolved from there, but the basics were there that night and that is how we should play from here on out. No one respects the read-option anymore.

After thinking about it your right, that Kaeps first game against Chicago was his best game. He didn't force anything but stayed within the confines of the offense. But at the same time thats how the game was being called. Now that Kaep has showcased his arm and legs, all the attention he's gotten which reflected how Harbaugh was such a genius in drafting him, the overall perception that Kaep cannot be stopped is all backfiring now. The coaching staff has it in their minds that Kaeps arm is the savior and will bring us back to the SB, because thats what basically got us there in the first place. Then in the SB, his arm didn't do as much as the running game yet the playcalling now isn't reflecting that, evidence in both our losses so far. The GB game was an exception because they called the game with what was working, Kaeps arm. We need to get back to whats made the niners successful all these years....with all the changes at the different positions (QB, WR, etc.) one position never changed.....GORE!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Honestly ? For me, I already sensed it after we got smoked last December up at CLink. So, I am not too surprised they are so much better than us. But, what does surprised me is how crap we are.
[ Edited by Rascal on Sep 23, 2013 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:

Honestly ? For me, I already sensed it after we got smoked last December up at CLink. So, I am not too surprised they are so much better than us. But, what does surprised me is how crap we are.
It's more of the latter. If there's a silver lining it's that they 'Hawks are good but not that good we're just CRAP atm :)

It would have been no surprise if they lost at Carolina. Our offense never showed up at the CLIT and our entire team didn't show up yesterday.
Originally posted by 1swift:
I remember when this board used to have a good laugh at other teams boards imploding with completely illogical nonsense after losses. Now, here we are. 3 games removed from the Superbowl and it seems people are longing for Singletary and wanting to sit Kaep.

Clearly these last 2 weeks are an absolute embarrassment and a LOT has to be done to right the ship but do you all really believe what you're saying?

I'm not trying to dismiss this as a "little adversity" but this can be fixed.

You just don't come around often enough. This team could win 10 straight games and after the firs loss people would be complaining. This is Niner Talk, its what it does.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

Rascal, you called it. All week long you were saying how not to take the Colts lightly and it happened. I must also say that I also was on the trap game reminder brigade.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Maybe just what this team needs right now, for leaders to voice their frustrations. I hope Harbaugh listens and doesn't resort to "do it my way or the highway".

Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:

EEEEVERYBODY! ... lol

Had a thought about this today. If they win on Thursday does Harbaugh pull that out in the locker room speech?
7+ Yards per rush? Let's take you out of the game and throw with CK who has been horrendous all day. Gore has every right to be FURIOUS.
This is the first sign of a team that is headed for the gutter. Hopefully we get a top draft pick though. But we will probably screw that up as well.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:

EEEEVERYBODY! ... lol

Had a thought about this today. If they win on Thursday does Harbaugh pull that out in the locker room speech?

Can't do it if you are not in first place.
I keep reading about the Chicago game from last season in almost every thread on this board. In that game and most of Chicago's games they play predominantly zone defense. Our offense's problems are with press man coverage. Stop comparing every one of Kap's games to that one. Kap has no problem beating zone defenses. The Packers played a ton of zone against us week 1 and we killed them. Our WR's cannot beat press man coverage. We're right back to where we were in 2010. Defenses will simply load the box to stop the run and then just man up and mugg our WR's. Game over!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone