LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by robniner:
And where is this offense plan because right now our approach sucks.

Mangini must have said pass the ball on a regular basis.
We had 23 rushes and 27 passes. I mean s**t you guys act like the ratio was 5 to 1.
That's not niner football, 50 times is how many touchs gore should get a game. Stop f**king around and just hand the god dam ball of until gore either dies or retires. He has every right to be pissed who wants to be a loser. He's a leader and he needs to speak up and voice that s**ts not working, if colin is struggling give it to gore he can carry the load he has every year. Time to hand the rock off and let him get his 30+ touchs a game.
We had 23 rushes and 27 passes. I mean s**t you guys act like the ratio was 5 to 1.

The problem isn't the number of rushes. It's the TYPE of rushes. Too many of them are of the gimmick variety, and the RBs are getting hit in the backfield. This is creating bad down and distance situations, effectively killing many of our drives.

The pistol read-option is killing us. Nobody is fooled anymore. The play fakes don't paralyze them anymore. The massive running and passing lanes have vanished. Time to revert back to real pro football.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

The problem isn't the number of rushes. It's the TYPE of rushes. Too many of them are of the gimmick variety, and the RBs are getting hit in the backfield. This is creating bad down and distance situations, effectively killing many of our drives.

The pistol read-option is killing us. Nobody is fooled anymore. The play fakes don't paralyze them anymore. The massive running and passing lanes have vanished. Time to revert back to real pro football.
Also colin running the f**k out of bonds before the first down marker, I can't believe I miss seeing the alex smith throwing it away plays.
Originally posted by robniner:
And where is this offense plan because right now our approach sucks.

Mangini must have said pass the ball on a regular basis.

And out of those 23 rushes, the bell cow of this offense had less than half and the QB had 7. That's not a running game. Especially when said bell cow was running almost 8 yards per carry.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Stop f**king around and just hand the god dam ball of until gore either dies or retires.

Originally posted by mkmasn:
And out of those 23 rushes, the bell cow of this offense had less than half and the QB had 7. That's not a running game. Especially when said bell cow was running almost 8 yards per carry.

Yup. Ridiculous we phased out our most productive player on offense. Who does that? I'm glad Gore got in Harbaugh's grill after the game.

When Frank has it going, feed him the rock!!! And run downhill!!! We have a big, mauling O-line. Play to their strengths.
this team use to be fysical......but not no mo...........
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this team use to be fysical......but not no mo...........

I want winners
I agree with most of what yall have said but that doesn't change the fact Indy was loading the box with 8-9 bodies. Their dline was literally blitzing the A, B, C gaps with 6 and 5 man pressures. You don't run into those type alignments. They we're daring us to pass. We did. Our wrs suck. GG. Anyways I dont even care anymore
I agree with most of what yall have said but that doesn't change the fact Indy was loading the box with 8-9 bodies. Their dline was literally blitzing the A, B, C gaps with 6 and 5 man pressures. You don't run into those type alignments. They we're daring us to pass. We did. Our wrs suck. GG. Anyways I dont even care anymore

Have you seen any of Frank Gores games before harbuagh, there could be 12 guys in that box and he's going to make something happen.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Nice post Rascal. Pretty much nailed it.

I wouldn't consider benching Kap, not given the alternatives. I don't really think this is his fault anyways. The entire offense is set up for failure with this scheme and playcalling.

Harbaugh and Roman are largely responsible for this mess. They took the offense in this direction after falling in love with the pistol read-option. Time to scrap it and move back to the Stanford offense.

Baalke is responsible for the state of our WR core. Nothing he could have done about Crab and Manningham, that is obvious. But his miss on A.J. Jenkins was a killer. He was supposed to add that downfield speed element, and he completely blew that pick. Huge misstep in the short term.

We need to do something drastic at WR. Send KW to the bench, start Patton, activate and play Baldwin.

Work the phones for Kenny Britt...I bet he could be had for a 7th rounder. Lord knows Baalke has enough of those.

Thanks Sofaking. In short, this is a DEFCON 1 situation, is no longer enough for Harbaugh to come out and just gives the usual "we just didn't execute, we just have to play better" BS line for the media. Something will have to be done about this NOW !!

To me, Kap has something to do with this, at least more so in the Seattle game as there were open receivers.

In terms of schemes, I don't know whether it is just a simple isuue of running the Pistol cos frankly we have only run it just sparingly so far.

Even if we re-commit ourselves to the running game, we will still need to be able to throw. Right now, we can't, some of the blame goes to Kap and some to the receivers for not getting open.

So, yes Harbaugh and Roman need to sort their crap out with the schemes and playcalling.

Baalke needs to take a major blame in the state of our receiving corps and is way more than just picking AJ Jenkins too. He has been totally complacent in drafting WRs. He probably thought before the draft we were golden with Crab and Anquan. He totally discounted the effect of injuries. From 2011 onwards, he has only drafted 3 WRs, Ronald Johnson, AJ Jenkins and Quinton Patton. 2 of them are confirmed bad picks. Basically, he has neglected the importance of WRs. Our WR corps has never been a strong unit to begin with. We got away with it in 2011 and 2012 and now it has eventually come back to bite us in the rear end. When you have a weak WR corps and if you have such an embarrassing low hit rate, you just need to draft heavy on WRs until we can fix the issue. We have not drafted a receiver high for years nor have we drafted more than 1 wideout in a draft class. This is totally unacceptable !! Baalke is way overrated !! If we don't draft 2 high WR picks in this coming draft, say the likes of Jordan Matthews and Brandon Coleman for example, Baalke might as well pack up.

In the meantime, I agree with you, bench KW, activate Baldwin and keep playing Moore and Patton and see whether anyone can step up. Concurrently, start working out free agents and look into possible trades. Check out the likes of Josh Gordon, Kenny Britt and whoever else. What we can't do is wait for Mario and Crab to come back. You can't expect them to be 100% right away, plus by then it will be too late !!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Have you seen any of Frank Gores games before harbuagh, there could be 12 guys in that box and he's going to make something happen.

He only had 3 carries of less than 3 yards. That means he was gashing the defense 72.5% of the time with a stacked front.
I remember when this board used to have a good laugh at other teams boards imploding with completely illogical nonsense after losses. Now, here we are. 3 games removed from the Superbowl and it seems people are longing for Singletary and wanting to sit Kaep.

Clearly these last 2 weeks are an absolute embarrassment and a LOT has to be done to right the ship but do you all really believe what you're saying?

I'm not trying to dismiss this as a "little adversity" but this can be fixed.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
He only had 3 carries of less than 3 yards. That means he was gashing the defense 72.5% of the time with a stacked front.

So wrong. I know it statisitcally it may seem like your right but I've watched the offensive snaps in this game 3 times and the stacked fronts didn't start until the 2nd quarter. Most of the rushing production was in 1st qtr.

Here's what happened after Indy realized they couldn't stop the run with the 3-4 and switched to the 5-2 and dropped the safety down with a CB spy.

Gore 5
Gore 1
Gore 3
Dixon -1
Gore 0
Gore 7
Gore 5
Gore 0
Hunter 2

The 7yrd and 5yrd run were also at the beginning of the 3rd qtr before everyone had adjusted to their assignment. After Gore picked up the 1st down they threw it on 1st for a 6 yards gain and 2nd down Gore ran into a wall. Then they stacked the box again on 3rd down so he check to the pass. We tried to exploit the space over the top but the WRs got jammed and Indy rushed 6. They generally played with 5-6 men on the line in 2nd half. The game in a nutshell.

So thats 22 yards off 9 carries or 2.4 YPC.

BTW Gore asked to be taken out at least 3 times that I could see on T.V. so you can't just make it seem like they refused to let him run.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM ]
Originally posted by 1swift:
I remember when this board used to have a good laugh at other teams boards imploding with completely illogical nonsense after losses. Now, here we are. 3 games removed from the Superbowl and it seems people are longing for Singletary and wanting to sit Kaep.

Clearly these last 2 weeks are an absolute embarrassment and a LOT has to be done to right the ship but do you all really believe what you're saying?

I'm not trying to dismiss this as a "little adversity" but this can be fixed.

i'm not panicking right now. But if we lose against the Rams this Thursday then i'll start panicking...
Share 49ersWebzone