There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
someone give harbaugh and roman Bill Walsh and his WCO videos that walsh created because harbaugh has a lot of homework to do this week.

seriously and wtf is mangini doing up there? i thought he was suppose to be helping the 49ers!

The 49ers knew running the pistol read-option full time was going to be a challenge. They hired Mangini to help the offense plan for what defenses would do to stop it.

Clearly, that decision has blown up in our faces. f**k Mangini, f**k this offense. Bring back the Stanford offense that Harbaugh and Roman were so successful with.

And where is this offense plan because right now our approach sucks.

Mangini must have said pass the ball on a regular basis.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This team use to be physical. I don't know what happened to the team.....

TIME ELAPSED:
SINGLETARY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NOW
=
FYSICAL:
YES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NO
Originally posted by LVJay:
Gore prefers smash mouth compared to footsies... no wonder he's pissed!

the team is built for smash mouth football. this is where arrogance comes in.

the team is built to beat people up. and it can be explosive as well.

but roman does not do this he does the cute s**t

when he ran a toss sweep with anthony dixon i almost turned the game completely off
Originally posted by robniner:

We had 23 rushes and 27 passes. I mean s**t you guys act like the ratio was 5 to 1.

he's being ignored

what makes you think roman listens to him when he doesn't listen to anyone?
Originally posted by eonblue:
We had 23 rushes and 27 passes. I mean s**t you guys act like the ratio was 5 to 1.

it was a horrible ratio.

you do what the defense can't stop period.

we had 80 yards rushing in the 1st quarter

how many gashes would they have given up if we simply kept running?

the colts weren't getting yards in the 1st but were in the 4th same with the seahawks

if doesn't go backwards
you don't get 80 yards in the first and then the defense gets energized and stops the run.. they get worse unless you go away from it. like we did. lol which is inexcusable
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

he's being ignored

what makes you think roman listens to him when he doesn't listen to anyone?

I beg to differ. I think they are listening to him, and I don't think Mangini has any answers. He's not a miracle worker. This offensive scheme is pure horses**t, and that's on Harbaugh and Roman for taking the team in this direction.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Gore prefers smash mouth compared to footsies... no wonder he's pissed!

the team is built for smash mouth football. this is where arrogance comes in.

the team is built to beat people up. and it can be explosive as well.

but roman does not do this he does the cute s**t

when he ran a toss sweep with anthony dixon i almost turned the game completely off

if you take a bunch of soldiers (that are ready for war) to a Tupperware party, they're gonna be confused
Even Frank is pissed. With Kap playing like a scrub and Aldon suspended indefinitely, this team has completely imploded, if you can still call it a team.

We can't even bench Kap cos we don't have a legit back-up QB. Most of the WRs have been playing under par. We have traded away or cut anyone else with a chance who can step up. To add, a good portion of our draft are injured players.

I got to say the majority of the blame should go to Harbaugh and his coaching staff, Trent Baalke and the Front Office and to a slightly lesser extent Kap.

Harbaugh better have a plan. He and Roman need to come out and say what they intend to do about this.

Baalke needs to act fast and see what we can do with possible trades or FA signings to inject some new blood into the roster to restart the motor.

To begin with the receiving corps needs to be fixed NOW, at least as much as we can until next year's draft. KW has been next to useless, be it as a WR or KR. He has to go. Other WRs need to get more snaps so we can do a proper evaluation of the personnel before we decide who stays who goes. But, we need proven players right now who we can plug and play to make a difference and some have mentioned names like Josh Gordon.

KR also sucks big time. This is a lingering issue which has carried over from last season. KW, Hunter, LMJ or even Cox are not the answers. We have cut the only guy who was any good in the preseason in Hawkins.

Baalke better work overtime and announce some bonafide moves to get some legit talents in the next few days or at least start trying out players starting from next week.

Bottomline, this sh*t simply can't carry on any longer before the season gets out of our reach !!

If we carry on playing like this, it would be a miracle to come out with a 9-7 record or even make it as a wildcard !!
it was a horrible ratio.

the colts weren't getting yards in the 1st but were in the 4th same with the seahawks

if doesn't go backwards
you don't get 80 yards in the first and then the defense gets energized and stops the run.. they get worse unless you go away from it. like we did. lol which is inexcusable

It stopped working. They were putting 8 men in the box running a 5-2 and dropping the SS. Using a CB as a spy. We tried to sustain a drive in the 3rd with the run. Gore got a no gain on 2nd and 10 and Kaep gained 1 yard in the read option the next play. The run wouldn't have worked. We would've been wasting time. Luck was going to score again. We need a score NOW not after 7 minutes of running. Im telling you though. The defense was giving us man to man coverage. We took it and couldnt get the completions.
Nice post Rascal. Pretty much nailed it.

I wouldn't consider benching Kap, not given the alternatives. I don't really think this is his fault anyways. The entire offense is set up for failure with this scheme and playcalling.

Harbaugh and Roman are largely responsible for this mess. They took the offense in this direction after falling in love with the pistol read-option. Time to scrap it and move back to the Stanford offense.

Baalke is responsible for the state of our WR core. Nothing he could have done about Crab and Manningham, that is obvious. But his miss on A.J. Jenkins was a killer. He was supposed to add that downfield speed element, and he completely blew that pick. Huge misstep in the short term.

We need to do something drastic at WR. Send KW to the bench, start Patton, activate and play Baldwin.

Work the phones for Kenny Britt...I bet he could be had for a 7th rounder. Lord knows Baalke has enough of those.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM ]

I wouldn't consider benching Kap, not given the alternatives. I don't really think this is his fault anyways. The entire offense is set up for failure with this scheme and playcalling.

Harbaugh and Roman are largely responsible for this mess. They took the offense in this direction after falling in love with the pistol read-option. Time to scrap it and move back to the Stanford offense.

Baalke is responsible for the state of our WR core. Nothing he could have done about Crab and Manningham, that is obvious. But his miss on A.J. Jenkins was a killer. He was supposed to add that downfield speed element, and he completely blew that pick. Huge misstep in the short term.

We need to do something drastic at WR. Send KW to the bench, start Patton, activate and play Baldwin.

Work the phones for Kenny Britt...I bet he could be had for a 7th rounder. Lord knows Baalke has enough of those.

Patton isn't the answer. Fact is Moore, KW, Boldin, and Patton are getting jammed at the line and muscled off their routes. Indi was throwing 5 and 6 man blitzes at us because they had numbers. Every team we play are going to be able to do that. We need a #1 double team drawing press man beating monster. That would fill out the entire core IMO.
it was a horrible ratio.

if doesn't go backwards

It stopped working. They were putting 8 men in the box running a 5-2 and dropping the SS. Using a CB as a spy. We tried to sustain a drive in the 3rd with the run. Gore got a no gain on 2nd and 10 and Kaep gained 1 yard in the read option the next play. The run wouldn't have worked. We would've been wasting time. Luck was going to score again. We need a score NOW not after 7 minutes of running. Im telling you though. The defense was giving us man to man coverage. We took it and couldnt get the completions.

At some point of time, our guys have to beat their guys on an individual basis as well. This isn't happening either. I would like to see Iupati dominate and open running lanes for whoever is back there. I would like to see Goodwin or Boone do the same. This hasn't happened yet. I would like to see the oline keep the d line on the LOS and give Kap and the WR's more time. I would like to see a WR or a RB break a tackle or two and make something out of a typical play.

Patton isn't the answer. Fact is Moore, KW, Boldin, and Patton are getting jammed at the line and muscled off their routes. Indi was throwing 5 and 6 man blitzes at us because they had numbers. Every team we play are going to be able to do that. We need a #1 double team drawing press man beating monster. That would fill out the entire core IMO.

I don't think he's the answer either. No one player is unless it's a true #1 like you said. We don't have that. But changes have to be made, both to scheme and to WR personnel IMO.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM ]
man, this team is going to tank for clowney