There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

POLL: Is Jim Harbaugh losing control of the team?

POLL: Is Jim Harbaugh losing control of the team?

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
I dont think Harbaugh is at fault for our recent performances. Does anybody believe we would have lost to the colts if crabs is healthy...Hell no!! This has everything to do with Kaepernick and our practice squad receivers. Kaepernick has clearly hit a wall in his development and its obvious he is frustrated. He left plays on the field in Seattle because he isnt particularly poised when his first read is covered. At this point i expect us to run 4 wide against the rams because any tandem of DB's in the NFL can shut down our receiving corps. I think it would help get Kaep in his comfort zone.

Brady/Belichick/Patriots ... who (exactly) are Brady's WRs?! Gronkowski playing with a f**ked up back... who is their RB?

Please, don't tell me they have (at this point) a better offense than the Niners, they don't. Sure, they have the better QB and they're finding ways to win. Funny how we beat them last year when both teams were healthy... they lost a lot of guys/we have a lot of injuries, but they still find ways to win... we haven't (yet).

Bottom line, we're getting out coached... Greg RoBLOWS is outsmarting himself, Krapertrick is frustrated/confused at times and not taking charge of the team when things don't go as planned. Harbonehead - not coming prepared or making proper adjustments.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I agree. It's like they're trying to have Kaep win with his arm every week.

It's because he's scared to death of the thought of Colt McCoy taking the field...if only Alex Smith were willing to be a backup, can't blame him obviously though for wanting to play.

Scared of Colt? I highly doubt that... BJ maybe, but not Colt.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I seriously doubt that Harbaugh is even close to "losing the team."

Harbaugh did not lose the last two games. Greg Roman did not lose the last two games. Vic Fangio did not lose the last two games.

Collin Kaepernick did not lose the last two games. Vernon Davis did not lose the last two games.

Take each individual player's and coach's name and insert those names into the above sentences.

The TEAM lost those two games--individually and collectively.

The team has to man-up. It is now gut check time for every member of the organization.

There really are no easy answers and excuses do not help.
https://twitter.com/LaMichaelJames/status/381985990430052352

Don't really like this guy. He complained last year as well.

Or is this a bigger issue then we are thinking?
Originally posted by Jcool:
LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames

Hey ____ my knee feels fine I'm ready to play ...

Whats irritating about this is that, instead of complaining in house he complains to the whole world.. adding more fire to whatever else is going on with the team. He sounds like Brandon Jacobs from last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see more articles on PFT about the niners just because of this tweet he put out, LMJ is a good player and deserves to play but he aint the answer right now.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

it's not a big deal he should be playing. Harbaugh would rather active 2 fullbacks one of whom sucks ass. Too many wtf things going on with this team.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

it's not a big deal he should be playing. Harbaugh would rather active 2 fullbacks one of whom sucks ass. Too many wtf things going on with this team.

Dayum!
So we sign the FB and not the NT when Ian gets hurt on a cheap shot
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah. In general I feel like all of our coaches have gotten full of themselves and think they're smarter than everybody. I mean honestly, there's no reason to get outcoached by the Colts. There's no ther reason to explain going away from what's working with rnning the ball. They've had a lot of success, lost their hunger and have been full of themselves

They need to go back to square one and get back to the basics. Stop all this cute s**t.

The problem is though, even if we do turn things around and win 2 or 3 games in a row the Roman and Harbaugh and the coaches will go back to loving themselves and we'll lose another game we shouldn't,
Well, the wheels can come off real quick.

Just ask tom coughlin.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
I dont think Harbaugh is at fault for our recent performances. Does anybody believe we would have lost to the colts if crabs is healthy...Hell no!! This has everything to do with Kaepernick and our practice squad receivers. Kaepernick has clearly hit a wall in his development and its obvious he is frustrated. He left plays on the field in Seattle because he isnt particularly poised when his first read is covered. At this point i expect us to run 4 wide against the rams because any tandem of DB's in the NFL can shut down our receiving corps. I think it would help get Kaep in his comfort zone.

Crabtree is, and has been, hurt. Vernon Davis missed the game. There really are no excuses. We lost punt y final.

Many people are looking to place the blame on an individual or on certain individuals.

For what I can tell no single individual or group of individuals is responsible for this loss.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah..our entire team top to bottom sucks right now. Even the water boys need to step their game up
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by rondoman:
Originally posted by barrymartin:
If players are not 100% bought in to the coaching staffs philosophy, that is the beginning of the end most times.

Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves. We lost two games. Yes, there are major problems, but we went deep in the playoffs the last two years. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the league. Everyone knows that. I don't think any of the players are going to start checking out because of two bad games. Let's try to avoid the chicken little syndrome. Yeah it could be a s**tty year, with no playoffs. That doesn't mean the team is sailing off a cliff.

I honestly don't think we have one of the best coaching staffs in the league.

I agree with you and have said so in the forum on a number of occasions. Harbaugh has been on a honeymoon because he was so much better than Singletary/Nolan.

The truth is, he inherited an absolutely loaded team that could have won 10 games minimum with me coaching it. Initially his gimmicks and tricks won some games, however, as always happens, the league studies the new stuff and figures out how to defeat it. Now all those tricks are covered and Harbaugh does not appear to know how to move to the next level. He appears stuck in his own time machine. Until he shows a willingness and ability to adapt, there will be more days like today. Today should never have happened.

and you came to this conclusion 3 games after the super bowl? LOL. We made those playoff runs BECAUSE of our coaching staff. We lost to two playoff caliber teams early on.

jesus christ some of you guys are nuts
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by barrymartin:
If players are not 100% bought in to the coaching staffs philosophy, that is the beginning of the end most times.

Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves. We lost two games. Yes, there are major problems, but we went deep in the playoffs the last two years. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the league. Everyone knows that. I don't think any of the players are going to start checking out because of two bad games. Let's try to avoid the chicken little syndrome. Yeah it could be a s**tty year, with no playoffs. That doesn't mean the team is sailing off a cliff.

I honestly don't think we have one of the best coaching staffs in the league.

I agree with you and have said so in the forum on a number of occasions. Harbaugh has been on a honeymoon because he was so much better than Singletary/Nolan.

The truth is, he inherited an absolutely loaded team that could have won 10 games minimum with me coaching it. Initially his gimmicks and tricks won some games, however, as always happens, the league studies the new stuff and figures out how to defeat it. Now all those tricks are covered and Harbaugh does not appear to know how to move to the next level. He appears stuck in his own time machine. Until he shows a willingness and ability to adapt, there will be more days like today. Today should never have happened.

and you came to this conclusion 3 games after the super bowl? LOL. We made those playoff runs BECAUSE of our coaching staff. We lost to two playoff caliber teams early on.

jesus christ some of you guys are nuts

I'd argue we lost the Super Bowl because of our coaching staff but that's a whole other story.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Yeah..our entire team top to bottom sucks right now. Even the water boys need to step their game up

McDermott held his own