There are 192 users in the forums

POLL: Is Jim Harbaugh losing control of the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Jim Harbaugh losing control of the team?

With the increase in penalties, lack of discipline, an offense reminiscent of the Jim Hostler era, a defense giving up a lot of running yards, mistakes in the passing defense, back to back embarassing losses, etc..Is everything unraveling for Jim Harbaugh?
No. But he needs to take responsibility for his offense and get s**t fixed now. HE should probably begin calling plays as well.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
No. But he needs to take responsibility for his offense and get s**t fixed now. HE should probably begin calling plays as well.

Plays come from Roman, go to Harbaugh, then to Kaep. Harbaugh, you have to think, has power to veto a play so you can't blame Roman for everything. The game planning should be blamed for this loss. I don't see anymore creativity with this offense. It seems like they are trying to just put on a Kaep show. He's a special player, but not special enough to win the whole game for you, maybe not yet.
Originally posted by Baldie:

Plays come from Roman, go to Harbaugh, then to Kaep. Harbaugh, you have to think, has power to veto a play so you can't blame Roman for everything. The game planning should be blamed for this loss. I don't see anymore creativity with this offense. It seems like they are trying to just put on a Kaep show. He's a special player, but not special enough to win the whole game for you, maybe not yet.

I agree. It's like they're trying to have Kaep win with his arm every week.
Originally posted by Baldie:

yea, but by the time roman calls a play, and sends it to harbaugh, how much time does that leave harbaugh to veto and get a correct play called? Not much if any i would bet.

I understand its not all on Roman, But the playcalling IMO is mostly on Roman. The Gameplan is and should lie 100% on Harbaugh. Also Harbaugh gets the blame for not getting it corrected.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
NO! Can't blame one player or coach! It's a team effort and everyone is to blame! Everyone needs to get their sh*t together and play with hunger, heart, and like their job is on the line!
It looks like Harbaugh and Gro got a new shiny toy (Kaps arm) and think they have to try to sling it through the air every game, while forgetting the style that got us the most success.
Originally posted by Chico:
NO! Can't blame one player or coach! It's a team effort and everyone is to blame! Everyone needs to get their sh*t together and play with hunger, heart, and like their job is on the line!

I don't agree. If this team implodes your not going to fire the whole coaching staff. And they're certainly not going to get rid of any of their main players. They're going to have to pinpoint the problem and solve it. I hate to say it but, much like baltimore did last year. They fired their offensive co and look what happened. Not saying that would definitely solve all our problems.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
i dont know if hes losing control but you have to begin to wonder if we have peaked under him.
echras

We need weapons everyone knows were throwing to Boldin were is Baldwin use his height and frame at least Marlon Moore & Williams are garbage they bring next to nothing
Originally posted by rondoman:
It looks like Harbaugh and Gro got a new shiny toy (Kaps arm) and think they have to try to sling it through the air every game, while forgetting the style that got us the most success.

This.
Players will start to lose confidence in the game plan. They're not stupid, they know why it's not working. I hope someone steps up, becomes a leader, and voices their concerns with coaching staff. This cannot continue.
Frank Gore reportedly had choice words with Harbaugh after the loss as well he should.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Players will start to lose confidence in the game plan. They're not stupid, they know why it's not working. I hope someone steps up, becomes a leader, and voices their concerns with coaching staff. This cannot continue.

Gore already did
Share 49ersWebzone