There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 3: Thoughts after watching the game...

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I'm sorry, but ya'll have gone batsh*t nuts.

I liked Alex as much or more than the next guy, but this reactionary response to two down games is freakin' over the top nuts. Ya'll need to RELAX. Its THIS kinda BS that gives Niner fans a bad reputation as bandwagoneers

Nobody is getting open. THATs the problem. WRs can't get separation and teams are taking away Kaps running lanes. He'll adapt...just like he has to every other thing that teams have done to him.

Stop living in lala land and come back to reality.

Here is Kaps first pass of the game. KW is wide open 5 yards beyond the sticks. Kap's pass is late and 5 yards off target.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpbqpBndbQs&t=9m30s

LOL. That's one play. What about the ~25 other pass attempts? It's a 2 hour vid. Keep watching.

What about Phil Simms constantly repeating "nobody is open" all throughout the broadcast?

Not to mention just about every ex-scout I've seen on twitter whos looked at the game film.
Question: did anyone else see Ahmad Bradshaw freak out and fall to the ground at the 14:10 mark of 2Q? That was the oddest thing I have ever seen after a tackle. Did anyone figure out what happened? He went totally potato...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Question: did anyone else see Ahmad Bradshaw freak out and fall to the ground at the 14:10 mark of 2Q? That was the oddest thing I have ever seen after a tackle. Did anyone figure out what happened? He went totally potato...

I thought it was a concussion when I first saw it...but then he was back in there. Also looked initially like Whitner got his bell rung after that first BS Personal Foul.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I liked Alex as much or more than the next guy, but this reactionary response to two down games is freakin' over the top nuts. Ya'll need to RELAX. Its THIS kinda BS that gives Niner fans a bad reputation as bandwagoneers

Nobody is getting open. THATs the problem. WRs can't get separation and teams are taking away Kaps running lanes. He'll adapt...just like he has to every other thing that teams have done to him.

Here is Kaps first pass of the game. KW is wide open 5 yards beyond the sticks. Kap's pass is late and 5 yards off target.

LOL. That's one play. What about the ~25 other pass attempts? It's a 2 hour vid. Keep watching.

What about Phil Simms constantly repeating "nobody is open" all throughout the broadcast?

Not to mention just about every ex-scout I've seen on twitter whos looked at the game film.

Good ol' Alex Smith Strikes again. When will his ghost leave us?!

Looked like a MMA fighter with that stanky leg. Probably got his bell rung then got up too quick. His teammates pretty much carried him up. And with the trade for Trent Richardson he knew he couldn't self report that concussion.

Looked like a MMA fighter with that stanky leg. Probably got his bell rung then got up too quick. His teammates pretty much carried him up. And with the trade for Trent Richardson he knew he couldn't self report that concussion.

Thank you! Marvin, thought the same thing. So up in Seattle, Reid was sidelined instantly all game but those same measures didn't apply in SF with Bradshaw and Whitner? This still seems a bit grey to me...

Seriously. You are going to come at me with 1 freakin play? Should I dig up Alex Smith "highlights"?

Kap didn't play well. He missed a few passes. It happens. Calling for Alex right now is NUTS. Makes me start to agree with what fans of other teams say about our fanbase.

SMH.

Actually, if you know how, can you HD zoom into the release point. I have a feeling the pass was tipped. Its hard to see from the angle and they didn't show a replay because they went to a "Game Break." It looks like two Colts players come flying into the passing lane. Not sure though exactly.
Thank you! Marvin, thought the same thing. So up in Seattle, Reid was sidelined instantly all game but those same measures didn't apply in SF with Bradshaw and Whitner? This still seems a bit grey to me...

Concussions are largely up to the player to self report. Just look at Alex last year, he stayed in and finished the drive THEN told the trainers about his symptoms of seeing double and thats when they held him out. As soon as you mention the slightest concussion symptom you are out of the game, they take your helmet. So some of the more old school players who don't mind being a potato when they are 50 are still playing through them. Bradshaw was probably able to wing it past the concussion tests on the field and didn't say anything so he could keep playing.

Reid and Alex are smart enough to not mess around with their brains. But not everyone does the smart thing and admits to concussion symptoms.
[ Edited by 9erReign on Sep 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Seriously. You are going to come at me with 1 freakin play? Should I dig up Alex Smith "highlights"?

Kap didn't play well. He missed a few passes. It happens. Calling for Alex right now is NUTS. Makes me start to agree with what fans of other teams say about our fanbase.

SMH.

Actually, if you know how, can you HD zoom into the release point. I have a feeling the pass was tipped. Its hard to see from the angle and they didn't show a replay because they went to a "Game Break." It looks like two Colts players come flying into the passing lane. Not sure though exactly.

yeah I noticed that as well this morning...pass was so off, so I tried to look closer at the release point.. unfortunately they didn't show the replay right afterwords.

but I"m sure you can see what happened on the Coaches film.

I'll say this though...it just seemed like they knew are plays...or at least when we would throw the ball...on many occasion it looked like they were jumping right on time.

if you look at the Tip ball that happens in the game....man...the defender... he acts like he is going to rush, but seems to already start to jump the direction of the route.

either we are predicable or Kaep or someone in the offense is showing some tendencies that the Seahawks and Colts have picked up on.

Concussions are largely up to the player to self report. Just look at Alex last year, he stayed in and finished the drive THEN told the trainers about his symptoms of seeing double and thats when they held him out. As soon as you mention the slightest concussion symptom you are out of the game, they take your helmet. So some of the more old school players who don't mind being a potato when they are 50 are still playing through them. Bradshaw was probably able to wing it past the concussion tests on the field and didn't say anything so he could keep playing.

Yeah, Reid's was obvious but man, I don't know what's more obvious than Bradshaw's. He came back in a few plays later. I know they have protocol with sideline doctors so I was wondering how Reid didn't pass who said he was fine and had no after-effects compared to Bradshaw who visually went full potato. Was just curious...

Yeah, Reid's was obvious but man, I don't know what's more obvious than Bradshaw's. He came back in a few plays later. I know they have protocol with sideline doctors so I was wondering how Reid didn't pass who said he was fine and had no after-effects compared to Bradshaw who visually went full potato. Was just curious...

I think Reid failed the on field test when trainers first got their they asked him if he remembered the previous play, he said no. At that point it was over, concussion symptoms sit down. Bradshaw probably recovered quick enough to answer the simple questions correct and lied about having any other symptoms ("How many fingers? Two Did you go unconscious? No Dizzy or headache? No Alright lets go to the sideline and ask a couple more questions").

This. I blame the WR's partly, but I also blame the playcalling for not finding ways to scheme these guys open. New England for example does significantly more with even lesser receivers, now whether they are actually catching those passes is another issue altogether but McDaniel is finding ways for a bunch of rookies and scrubs to flash open, to get a step or two on the defensive backs, primarily through scheme. Harbaugh and Roman need to work on that, whether its getting McDonald open or Boldin or Patton or Williams, there's no secondary in the NFL that can continually shut down everyone, something has to give but as of yet, this offense hasn't been able to do so.

Regardless of the reasoning, Kaepernick is not being given any open targets to throw to, not sure how people can blame that on him, there's been simply nothing there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. I blame the WR's partly, but I also blame the playcalling for not finding ways to scheme these guys open. New England for example does significantly more with even lesser receivers, now whether they are actually catching those passes is another issue altogether but McDaniel is finding ways for a bunch of rookies and scrubs to flash open, to get a step or two on the defensive backs, primarily through scheme. Harbaugh and Roman need to work on that, whether its getting McDonald open or Boldin or Patton or Williams, there's no secondary in the NFL that can continually shut down everyone, something has to give but as of yet, this offense hasn't been able to do so.

Regardless of the reasoning, Kaepernick is not being given any open targets to throw to, not sure how people can blame that on him, there's been simply nothing there.

If Kap doesn't have open target then he needs to make an excurive decision and get the hell out of there quickly and manufacture yards himself, go back to the coach and tell him nobody is open and let's run it down their throats.

But no, he strode there not using his ability or brain.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If Kap doesn't have open target then he needs to make an excurive decision and get the hell out of there quickly and manufacture yards himself, go back to the coach and tell him nobody is open and let's run it down their throats.

But no, he strode there not using his ability or brain.

He has open receivers, he just doesn't see them, sees them late and can't make an accurate throw.

I think Reid failed the on field test when trainers first got their they asked him if he remembered the previous play, he said no. At that point it was over, concussion symptoms sit down. Bradshaw probably recovered quick enough to answer the simple questions correct and lied about having any other symptoms ("How many fingers? Two Did you go unconscious? No Dizzy or headache? No Alright lets go to the sideline and ask a couple more questions").

I think bradshaw lied or didnt report symptoms. Only more obvious concussion last weekend was Finley's.