LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
Aldon Smith won't play again until December. Got the info from inside the 49ers organization.

Wow. For real? Source? Quote? The season is toast without him for that long.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What an idiot. How is helping us now suspended and in a rehab facility?

Its not about helping us, its about helping himself. But entering rehab looks alot better in court after a dui then doing nothing at all.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by SFrush:
BTW wouldn't it be nice to have Cam Johnson or Haralson right now? You can never have enough pass rushers. sigh

Time to see what Lemon-yay can do. But knowing this team, we'll continue to go full retard and start Skuta.

He probably will. Lemon will be the 3rd down pass rusher.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
Aldon Smith won't play again until December. Got the info from inside the 49ers organization.

maybe letting got of Parys and Cam wasnt a good ide

the wheels on the bus are falling off falling off falling off
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally written out as "Suspended indefinitely", now updated to just against the Rams, but no timetable given for return.

You should change the title of the thread. Suspended or suspension is not mentioned anywhere in the article

Aldon Smith will take indefinite leave of absence

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith suited up Sunday in the team's loss to the Indianapolis Colts. It's uncertain when he will play for the Niners again.

Team CEO Jed York announced after the game that Smith will not face the St. Louis Rams on Thursday night. Smith was arrested Friday morning under suspicion of driving under the influence. Smith was not suspended, but it is unclear when he will return to the team. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a 49ers source, that Smith is voluntarily entering a treatment facility.

"He will take an indefinite leave of absence," York told reporters.

Smith addressed reporters at his locker after the game.

"First off, I wanted to apologize to the team, to the organization, my family everybody I let down," Smith said. "I also wanted let it to be known that this is a problem, and this is something I will get fixed and do everything in my power to never let this happen again. I also wanted to let everybody know once again that I am sorry, and like I said, this won't happen again."

Smith previously was arrested on a DUI charge in Miami Beach in 2012. In that case, Smith completed a program for first-time DUI offenders and received a lesser charge of reckless driving.

"I will support Aldon as long as he's willing to work at this and fight to get better," York said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. "I believe Aldon wants to tackle this problem and we're going to do everything we can do to help him with this."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000248867/article/aldon-smith-suspended-indefinitely-by-san-francisco-49ers
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Chico:
so far this year, we played without...
Vernon - injury
Patrick - injury
LMJ - injury
Crabtree - injury
Ian Williams - injury
Culliver injury
Aldon - rehab/suspension
Delanie Walker - Free Agency
Soap - Free Agency
Goldson - Free Agency

Am I missing anyone? it's like we're rebuilding and starting all over again...

manningham

moss, ted ginn

RJF

Frank Gore -- Coach's decision not to run the ball
Sounds like Aldon needs rehab. Hope he fixes his problems, but man, he is a f**king moron. So disappointed in this entire organization.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Time to see what Lemon-yay can do. But knowing this team, we'll continue to go full retard and start Skuta.

Would make sense, would be like 2011. Skuta would be Haralson and Lemonier would be Aldon coming in on passing downs to play nickel d-end
That parys trade................. Not so hot now.....

Good choice. Glad he made it if it is indeed his choice alone.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

It was never hot.
Since we look LIKE clowns

Lets get CLOWNey
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Or Cam Johnson
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Chico:
so far this year, we played without...
Vernon - injury
Patrick - injury
LMJ - injury
Crabtree - injury
Ian Williams - injury
Culliver injury
Aldon - rehab/suspension
Delanie Walker - Free Agency
Soap - Free Agency
Goldson - Free Agency

Am I missing anyone? it's like we're rebuilding and starting all over again...

manningham

moss, ted ginn

RJF

Frank Gore -- Coach's decision not to run the ball

Alex Smith -- Do I win?
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone