There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Roddy is just telling all he talking heads who have the heads of there moral high horses jammed in there asses, to stop putting him down and acting like they would never do such a thing when we all know most of them have done the same or worse. The last thing an addict needs is to be publiclly attacked and put down. Discouragement leads to relapse.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Roddy is just telling all he talking heads who have the heads of there moral high horses jammed in there asses, to stop putting him down and acting like they would never do such a thing when we all know most of them have done the same or worse. The last thing an addict needs is to be publiclly attacked and put down. Discouragement leads to relapse.

lol @ moral high-horse bs again. It's illegal and wrong and morally selfish. When you do it twice...you should be scrutinized.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
poor Rowdy Roddy White defended Aldon on Twitter and has been chewed out.

he was just basically calling these media folks (ex-players) hypocrites... but of course some are taking his tweets as saying its fine to drink and drive.

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/roddy-white-isnt-happy-about-critcism-of-aldon-smith/

Roddy White is the man.

THIS...if by man you mean an idiot.
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol @ moral high-horse bs again. It's illegal and wrong and morally selfish. When you do it twice...you should be scrutinized.

Scrutinized. lol theres a certain point when scrutiny goes to far. Such as multiple channels dedicated to publiclly lashing the person for at least a half an hour every day for a week straight. Im not saying he didnt deserve criticism but when people are still fixated on criticising him after hes checked himself into rehab its gone too far. Like i said enough discouragement and negativity can seriously lead to a relapse. But continue on believing he deserves to be publiclly scrutinized after hes taken the first step to better himself.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
poor Rowdy Roddy White defended Aldon on Twitter and has been chewed out.

he was just basically calling these media folks (ex-players) hypocrites... but of course some are taking his tweets as saying its fine to drink and drive.

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/roddy-white-isnt-happy-about-critcism-of-aldon-smith/

Roddy White is the man.

THIS...if by man you mean an idiot.

I'm assuming you're referring to his comments about the 49ers in our dark years?
I hope Aldon gets what he needs and pulls his head out, much like I myself did at about his age.

Anyone who made mistakes in their youth knows what I am saying and none of us are down playing driving drunk, just saying move on and GROW UP!

49ers fans will always amaze me with their week to week, year to year, sky is falling 4 de WHINING.
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
I hope Aldon gets what he needs and pulls his head out, much like I myself did at about his age.

Anyone who made mistakes in their youth knows what I am saying and none of us are down playing driving drunk, just saying move on and GROW UP!

49ers fans will always amaze me with their week to week, year to year, sky is falling 4 de WHINING.

seriously, a lot of our "fans" are pissing me off acting like 1-2 is the end of the world. its a 16 game season
suspension w/o pay >>>> "rehab"

he's a 23 yr kid who "parties" and uses sh*t judgment thinking he's invincible because he's a star on the defense, not a true alcoholic. He doesn't need booze to feel normal, which is what real alcoholism is.

he's better off practicing w/ the team + punishing him by suspending him with no pay IMO
Originally posted by Ballistic:

he's a 23 yr kid who "parties" and uses sh*t judgment thinking he's invincible because he's a star on the defense, not a true alcoholic. He doesn't need booze to feel normal, which is what real alcoholism is.

he's better off practicing w/ the team + punishing him by suspending him with no pay IMO

Unless you know him personally thats just an assumption.
I'm beginning to question the evaluation/scouting process with this kid... like where his head is really at. If this is how he is now, I'm curious to see how much he partied at Mizzou-- and if he got into trouble there, if his coaches and school staff simply turned a blind eye because he was a bonafide 1st rd pick.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Unless you know him personally thats just an assumption.
well alright then
well alright then

I just think if he didn't have a real problem and was just some kid who thought he was invincible, the team wouldn't have been so persistent to get him to go to rehab they would have just told him to get his s**t together and let the league do there thing..

this is about his life.

you can suspend him without pay, chances are he has enough money saved up for 4 weeks to continue partying and use s**t judgement

or you can do the reasonable thing and send him to rehab were he can get sober a bit and at least be drug free for 4 weeks.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
this is about his life.

you can suspend him without pay, chances are he has enough money saved up for 4 weeks to continue partying and use s**t judgement

or you can do the reasonable thing and send him to rehab were he can get sober a bit and at least be drug free for 4 weeks.
Word!
Alot of people "party". But not many have what should be their second DUI by that young an age or any age for that matter, he needs help and I just hope it was his decision to get it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
wonder if we will sign someone for chump change as a backup to him and to the overall front 7 , to the shock of some, i am not going down the road of who we should have kept cuz that is just monday morning quarterbacking. is cam or haralson better than any stiff out there we could sign now,, probably but thats football bottom line, most of our decisions which this regime has made before this year all came through the wash, this year it is the complete total opposite