There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Originally posted by Jt8786:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by kazak13:
Why is DUI such a big deal in this country. Let the man play he will be most likely suspended by the commissioner for the first 4 games next season....

I mean I can drink 4 beers get in the car and get a DUI... This happens twice all of the sudden I have a problem. Hmmm

agreed

Villain of the WebZone
That would be the nice way of saying it.
Originally posted by Jt8786:
Why is DUI such a big deal in this country. Let the man play he will be most likely suspended by the commissioner for the first 4 games next season....

I mean I can drink 4 beers get in the car and get a DUI... This happens twice all of the sudden I have a problem. Hmmm

agreed

Villain of the WebZone

Putting him in a in patient rehab facility is over board imo. He should be able to do his rehab in his own home with someone there with him watching over him and still be able to practice with the team and play on Sunday.

You're the only one here...
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
Putting him in a in patient rehab facility is over board imo. He should be able to do his rehab in his own home with someone there with him watching over him and still be able to practice with the team and play on Sunday.

LOL.....I don't think you understand what rehab means. Studies have shown that in-home rehab is more or less a sham. The advantage of going somewhere for rehab is to detach yourself from your trigger points, the things that are stressing you, the day-to-day grind, you can't get that hanging around where you are with all of the same temptations. Once that temporary babysitter is gone, you'll be back to your old ways once more.

If Aldon needs a month, two months, three months of rehab, f**k it, its his life, he needs to do what is right by him and I fully support it, this is just a game after all.

Seriously?

If you have 4 beers ONCE and get in a car you have a problem. Its called stupidity. Sadly, that problem doesn't get just you injured (darwinism)...it can get other people who had nothing to do with your stupidity killed.

THAT is why it's a big deal.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL.....I don't think you understand what rehab means. Studies have shown that in-home rehab is more or less a sham. The advantage of going somewhere for rehab is to detach yourself from your trigger points, the things that are stressing you, the day-to-day grind, you can't get that hanging around where you are with all of the same temptations. Once that temporary babysitter is gone, you'll be back to your old ways once more.

If Aldon needs a month, two months, three months of rehab, f**k it, its his life, he needs to do what is right by him and I fully support it, this is just a game after all.

Agreed.

Twice plus the party with the fun people getting shot activity.
Sounds like a problem to me...
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Agreed.

Disagree...in house rehab is rehab; home counseling is counseling. Both are worthwhile but it depends on the severity of the individuals problem. We don't know Aldon well enough to know what he needs but driving drunk at 7 A.M. is alarming. I will support the teams decision and hope the guy gets help where ever it comes from.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]

Ah, ignorance at its best.

agreed

lulz

yall aint right
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you tell that to a mom who just lost her kid to a drunk driver, tell that to a kid who just lost his dad to a drunk driver, when you drive drunk you are stupid, aldon compounded that with multiple offenses and pills. he needs help and i think 30 to 60 days is just what the doctor ordered,. no matter what it does to the team, i would advise him to take the rest of the year off, concentrate on staying clean and sober and start anew on the day after the season is over
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

jesus,, this is not romper room rehab. this is serious s**t,. you do not rehab over the internet, you do not rehab in your own home. he has to go somewhere free of outside distractions with professionals who deal with this every day. who gives a s**t about him playing on sunday. football is the most unimportant thing to him right now. good god people
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

jesus, phoenix is right. i think its huge what he does out of rehab. i hope he gets rid of the leeches, goes to AA whatever it takes to stay clean and sober. i am more than ok with him writing off the season, if that is what it takes
Everyone drinks and drives it's just some of us don't get caught. I'd say about 70% of the people leaving candlestick leave driving drunk.