There are 388 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

They Have Turned Kaep Into a Drop Back Statue!

The difference between this year and last year is that they are not allowing Kaepernick to run and move like they did last year. He needs to be able to roll out, which buys him more time, spreads out the defenders, and gives him the option to run or throw. Also, they seem to have given up on the read option run. They ran it a total of 1 time today, for a loss. The read option requires that you apply it continually throughout the game to be effective. It seems at this point that they either just drop him straight back, or off of a play action, and we don't have the receivers right now to get open with such a basic pass offense. We need to give our receivers more time to get open, and spread out the defense to give Kaep more running lanes. I say start rolling him out more!
After thursday nights game we will be 2-2!
Goniners
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
The difference between this year and last year is that they are not allowing Kaepernick to run and move like they did last year. He needs to be able to roll out, which buys him more time, spreads out the defenders, and gives him the option to run or throw. Also, they seem to have given up on the read option run. They ran it a total of 1 time today, for a loss. The read option requires that you apply it continually throughout the game to be effective. It seems at this point that they either just drop him straight back, or off of a play action, and we don't have the receivers right now to get open with such a basic pass offense. We need to give our receivers more time to get open, and spread out the defense to give Kaep more running lanes. I say start rolling him out more!

What do you mean roll out? Like a bootleg?
Kaep is just not that good in the pocket like I have been saying. A lot of his big plays are running left or right and throwing on the run from way out of the pocket. He's really not an established pocket QB with reading the field, going through progressions and accuracy from the pocket. He has tons of work to do from the pocket.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Kaep is just not that good in the pocket like I have been saying. A lot of his big plays are running left or right and throwing on the run from way out of the pocket. He's really not an established pocket QB with reading the field, going through progressions and accuracy from the pocket. He has tons of work to do from the pocket.

He played from the pocket last season up until the playoffs. We were basically running the same offense we did with Alex, only Kap was more effective throwing downfield. We surprised teams with the pistol read-option in the playoffs, and HarRoman fell in love with it. Now it's not working. If we transitioned back to offense that got us into the post-season the past 2 years, we'd be far better off.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

He played from the pocket last season up until the playoffs. We were basically running the same offense we did with Alex, only Kap was more effective throwing downfield. We surprised teams with the pistol read-option in the playoffs, and HarRoman fell in love with it. Now it's not working. If we transitioned back to offense that got us into the post-season the past 2 years, we'd be far better off.

Agree. Gore's touches have declined dramatically this year because Kaep's arm is being relied on too much, when we only have 1 reliable receiver. Get back to running the rock and play action, with occasional read option. When Crabs and Manningham come back, then we can alter the game plan but for now what we're doing isn't working.

We're going to St Louis banged up now and we'll be lucky to be 2-2 by Thursday night. Unless Seattle melts on some road games, our chances to win the west are slim.

Valid point, and I agree with you. With teams having targets on our backs each game, we need to go back to what works if we want to get back to the postseason.
It's because Harbaugh is worried that he'll get hurt and Jim doesn't want to have to rely on McCoy.

Last year Jim could afford to let Colin run wild since he knew his backup QB could run the offense, he doesn't have that luxury this year.
The problems with the offense are fixable if they go back to a balanced attack and recommit to the run.

It's like Harbaugh got tired of having a game manager QB and now thinks that he can win through the air...but Kap can't do it with the receiving "help" he has right now.

The coaches needed to adjust to this by having a shorter "WCO" type passing game.
If only posters in the other threads get this in their head instead of blaming Kaep full throttle for the losses.
i dont see how its only kaps fault. his receivers cant get open to save their lives and roman is calling some of the s**ttiest games ive ever seen lately