LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

We need a true nose tackle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Daniel McCullers has been solid for the Steelers in training camp but space on their roster is pretty limited and he really has to beat out a couple guys to make it. If he doesn't make the roster, he might be worth a look coming off the waiver wire.

I'd be down for that as McCullers should be stout and not really able to be pushed around, but I think we tend to lean towards guys that are quite a bit more athletic than McCullers at nose.

I was thinking bout that with McCullers, but I think Tomsula can coach anybody. Problem is, he'd have to learn on the fly. I feel we need a body there that just won't get pushed around and learn the 49ers technique. We play assignment football and if he's smart, i think he can do it. I dunno tho, I want a body there for sure. Run D has to stay stout.
265 yards 26 min possession
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Daniel McCullers has been solid for the Steelers in training camp but space on their roster is pretty limited and he really has to beat out a couple guys to make it. If he doesn't make the roster, he might be worth a look coming off the waiver wire.

I'd be down for that as McCullers should be stout and not really able to be pushed around, but I think we tend to lean towards guys that are quite a bit more athletic than McCullers at nose.

I was thinking bout that with McCullers, but I think Tomsula can coach anybody. Problem is, he'd have to learn on the fly. I feel we need a body there that just won't get pushed around and learn the 49ers technique. We play assignment football and if he's smart, i think he can do it. I dunno tho, I want a body there for sure. Run D has to stay stout.

I think they are waiting to see who gets healthy here in the next few weeks before pulling the trigger on reinforcements.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
265 yards 26 min possession

This. And all between the tackles. Ouch!
Did dial play NT last week? I don't remember seeing him there. I remember TJE getting some NT time and purcell getting pushed around like a school girl. BTW, I've seen enough of purcell. If purcell has to take reps, let him take them in the 4th quarter or late third. It's embarrassing.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Put Boone's dead weight in the middle. His big a$$ should clogged something.
well, back to the same argument. We give up 5 yards a carry between the tackles AND let them hold the ball for 9:00 a drive.

just great
One day we will figure it out and peeps will look like geniuses
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
One day we will figure it out and peeps will look like geniuses

Tomsula said he doesn't want anyone fatter than him. Sadly, that's what we need. LOL
Why is TJE playing NT?

We're getting pushed off the ball easily and the coaching staff doesn't see where the problem. I guess they don't see a problem when NCommand and me are the only ones who think we need a big body in the middle
This argument had gone on here for a few years. We need a true nose tackle (I'm on that bandwagon) verses the NT only plays 40-50% of the snaps, it's not that big of a need, etc. I think we should've had one solely for when we play teams with runners like Marshawn Lynch, which will cut down on some of the holes inside. I'm hoping our D-Line gets it together.

On another note, if Dorsey can return this season, around when will that be? Midseason? Playoffs?
I don't understand why they don't at least give Dial a chance. He must not look very good in practice or someting.
just draft one already
Can already tell we miss Glenn Dorsey, Bowman too... our secondary has looked great so far and that's down Brock and Culliver.
Share 49ersWebzone