Think LOGICALLY, blame ROMAN/HARBAUGH

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
?

2 years ago. Which QB, wearing Red and Gold, went to the NFCCG with Kyle Williams, Brett Swain, Ted Ginn?

Hint: Not Joe Flacco

That team ran the ball.

This team should too.

Agrred.... Going back to the matter at hand... This is NOT on Kap.... In addition our Defense was better then.

Like it or not part of the blame is on Kaepernick. He showed a lack of poise and a lack of touch today. Add that to inept play calls, WRs not getting open, and the injuries it's a no brainer why we lost.

Play comes in, 15 seconds run off the play clock, Helmet mic goes off. It is then Kaep's job to run the offense. 50% coaching, 50% Kaep.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I just finished watching this abomination on DVR, and not going to scroll through all the pages...so does anyone know why, when the "traditional" run formations of QB under center and FB lead-blocker with Gore picking up yards, they STOPPED using it?

I have been saying since Kap took over that he needs to run the offense under center. Period. Thats how this offensive talent and identity functions best. They have done a good job of stripping this offense of its identity, and not replacing it with something that will work.
are the right pass patterns being called? what about a simple out pattern...should work with a strong armed qb...receiver goes downfield 10-15 yards, and as he cuts the qb releases the ball to the sideline...should be hard to stop...i havent seen them throw such a route since when i cant remember
I just finished watching this abomination on DVR, and not going to scroll through all the pages...so does anyone know why, when the "traditional" run formations of QB under center and FB lead-blocker with Gore picking up yards, they STOPPED using it?

Cuz Roman's a f**king idiot that likes to follow up those positive plays with CUTE gimmicky plays and read options that just f**king cost us yards.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Cuz Roman's a f**king idiot that likes to follow up those positive plays with CUTE gimmicky plays and read options that just f**king cost us yards.

Yeah, that's what jumped out at me, was just curious if I maybe I was missing something. Roman's done a great job of taking that last stellar drive of the SB and carrying it over to this season.
I want to see 70% Gore, Hunter running until we have Crabtree and Manningham back.
  • Jiks

Can the QB run it though?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Kaep isn't being put in the best situation to win IMO. At least Alex had f**king consistency in play-calling. Kaep and his play-calling is all over the goddamn place
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
We need to run the same offense we ran when Alex was QB

This. Power running, jumbo formations, multiple te's and playaction. we have non of that s**t right now.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
We need to run the same offense we ran when Alex was QB

But can Kaepernick run that offense? Remember: last year he needed Smith on the sideline for advice.

Originally posted by hofer36:
are the right pass patterns being called? what about a simple out pattern...should work with a strong armed qb...receiver goes downfield 10-15 yards, and as he cuts the qb releases the ball to the sideline...should be hard to stop...i havent seen them throw such a route since when i cant remember

Kaep threw it into the ground. Second play of the game.
[ Edited by mkmasn on Sep 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Obviously, Kaep's been beaten down with the idea that QB's aren't supposed to run. He looks skiddish these days when he breaks out of the pocket.
Frank Gore

>>> 11 [b]

Great post and thread!!! Glad some people actually get that this mess we have going is not solely on one player. Wtf is up with the play calling? The passing plays take too long to develop, no one is getting open and they completely abandon the run game way too early in games.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Sep 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I have been saying since Kap took over that he needs to run the offense under center. Period. Thats how this offensive talent and identity functions best. They have done a good job of stripping this offense of its identity, and not replacing it with something that will work.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Exactly. He is capable of running that style offense. Why arent we running it? It makes no sense. IMO the pistol doesnt fit the teams, OR Harbaughs style and identity.. I just really am flabergasted it has lasted this long. What are they waiting for? Why are they dragging it through the mud for so long?

IMO Roman needs to go first. Then Harbaugh needs to take control of his offense. Promote rathman, whatever. Rathman would be a good identity for this offense this season to get it turned around. Just let Harbaugh call plays. If he is calling plays then he wont be doing all the other b******t on the sideline either.
Share 49ersWebzone