LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 178 users in the forums

Think LOGICALLY, blame ROMAN/HARBAUGH

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I do blame Roman. I think it was extremely arrogant of him to base our entire offense on the pistol read-option. Defenses are defending it very well, and he doesn't have a backup plan. He needs to go back to the drawing board.

Just needs to dust off the 2011 playbook. Its what the Colts were using.
Originally posted by KapsDolphinCap:
It was stupid to go away from Gore, but c'mon players have to execute too.

no.

execute running plays

the colts give up 5 yards per carry coming into this game

and we don't run.
Playcalling/Roman (and Harbaugh's calls too at times I'm sure who knows)
WR's Not Stepping Up/Getting Open Besides Boldin
Kap Holding Ball Too Long/Not Checking Down Among Other Things
OL Doesn't Look Like Last Year
Dropped Balls
Penalties
Lack of Discipline
Lack of Rotation with RBs (plus James out)
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Frank Gore

>>> 11 <<< carries, 82 yards, 7.5 average. WTF

Pound the ball for POSITIVE yardage, followed by a cutsy wootsy read option or some s**t then get NEGATIVE yardage. Really? why not continue? We could have had some good play-action passes. As someone already said, this has turned into a broke man's Mike Martz offense. Roman has fallen in love with Kaep's arm. NO quick passing game, NOT sticking to what's working. NO consistency in GOOD play calling.

This has become a downfield passing offense (with no speed at WR), with read option trickled in. Or so it seems...
That about says it all about the weak link on our team. ROMAN GIVES UP ON 11 CARRIES FOR 82 YARDS!!! I don't care what anyone says, that simply is inexcusable. There was absolutely nothing going on in the game that said to me the run game was the problem. I simply don't get it - I just don't. I really starting to question whether or not should we contemplate a change at OC before our season gets out of hand. Now, I'm not calling for his job - yet. But I cannot defend the job of a coach that won't stick with what works on the field.
They are in love with Kaeps deep ball, as evidenced by our last real drive, two deep incomplete passes a sack and a fumble.
We need to run the same offense we ran when Alex was QB
I was very happy to finally see some I formation in that first quarter and I don't think it's a coincidence Gore had his best runs today while we were using it. Then we went away from it for some stupid reason.

Dana Stubblefield on the postgame show was saying our defense doesn't have an identity. Either he needs glasses or hopefully he meant our offense doesn't have an identity because that's exactly the case right now.

Kaep has looked so lost these past two games. You can tell he's over thinking whether he should pass or take off with his legs most of the time. It's making him play too hesitant instead of aggressive.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
I was very happy to finally see some I formation in that first quarter and I don't think it's a coincidence Gore had his best runs today while we were using it. Then we went away from it for some stupid reason.

Dana Stubblefield on the psotgame show was saying our defense doesn't have an identity. Either he needs glasses or hopefully he meant our offense doesn't have an identity because that's exactly the case right now.

Kaep has looked so lost these past two games. You can tell he's over thinking whether he should pass or take off with his legs most of the time. It's making him play too indecisive.

How can our QB have any rhythm when there is none in the play-calling? Pound the ball, BOOM read option!
Run game looked so effective. Roman needs to go. That was s**t play-calling.
Roman has been on my s**t list basicly since he got here. Now i want him fired. Period.

These f**kers sill havent learned anything from there mistakes. What happens in the superbowl if we feed Gore? What happens in this game if we work the offense through Gore?

What a f**king waste.

Gameplans are non existant and pathetic.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah. The I formation was nice to see, but as soon as we have success with it Roman chooses to put Kap back in the pistol. We need to leave the pistol alone for a game or two.
The blame falls just as much on Kaep as it does with staff. It's his job to read the defense and call audibles. Like how when the pass isn't working, you audible into a run and let Gore run it for another 8 yards.
Kap is fine...... Kinda a hard when you have a slow #2 position receiver and a bunch of #4-5 s and a rookie n one who doesn't know the playbook.
We seem to have lost our mojo.. The defense could've come up with any stops when they were really needed, not that it would have mattered, since the offense was sleepwalking. Game planning is suspect at this point.... Unless the plan was to establish the run in the 1st quarter, then completely abandon it. No deep passing whatsoever, no screens, swing passes..

The Seahawks loss seems t have staggered the 49ers. Let's hope it is only temporary. We'll see how they handle adversity.. Things aren't going well for the first time Harbaughs watch.
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Kap is fine...... Kinda a hard when you have a slow #2 position receiver and a bunch of #4-5 s and a rookie n one who doesn't know the playbook.

Someone who plays on another team this year went to the playoffs with that same slow #2 and a bunch of #4-5 not but two years ago. Kapscuses. He needs to get his head in the game and out of the McDonald's commercials.
Share 49ersWebzone