There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Think LOGICALLY, blame ROMAN/HARBAUGH

Frank Gore

>>> 11 <<< carries, 82 yards, 7.5 average. WTF

Pound the ball for POSITIVE yardage, followed by a cutsy wootsy read option or some s**t then get NEGATIVE yardage. Really? why not continue? We could have had some good play-action passes. As someone already said, this has turned into a broke man's Mike Martz offense. Roman has fallen in love with Kaep's arm. NO quick passing game, NOT sticking to what's working. NO consistency in GOOD play calling.

This has become a downfield passing offense (with no speed at WR), with read option trickled in. Or so it seems...

What happened to THIS OFFENSE?!?!

10:04, perfect example of WHAT WE NEED BACK!!!
[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
It was stupid to go away from Gore, but c'mon players have to execute too.
When I saw that play I thought wtf? The running game was shut down after that for the most part. I don't get these guys sometimes. Receivers + Roman + Kaep being so hesitant to run at times (he left a few 1st downs on the field).
if your receivers are struggling to get open, i would run some crossing patterns and drag routes...maybe some pick and rub plays to shake a receiver openi dont think i saw one all day..of course right now im not sure kaepernick would hit them--his confidence seems dinged
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
When I saw that play I thought wtf? The running game was shut down after that for the most part. I don't get these guys sometimes. Receivers + Roman + Kaep being so hesitant to run at times (he left a few 1st downs on the field).

When you give the ball to Dixon on a sweep on 2nd and 7 and it goes for a loss, yes, it will look shut down. And every passing play for Kaep seemed to be a 5 step drop or more... No quickies, no screens, (except for 1 on an audible I think).
I saw 1 screen to Hunter I have no idea why they don't throw one to Patton the king of the screen game did it in college. Get some of these guys invovled, everyone knows its going to boldin
I think if McCoy played we'd get a 70/30 run ratio so therefore we should start McCoy
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Frank Gore

>>> 11 <<< carries, 82 yards, 7.5 average. WTF

Pound the ball for POSITIVE yardage, followed by a cutsy wootsy read option or some s**t then get NEGATIVE yardage. Really? why not continue? We could have had some good play-action passes. As someone already said, this has turned into a broke man's Mike Martz offense. Roman has fallen in love with Kaep's arm. NO quick passing game, NOT sticking to what's working. NO consistency in GOOD play calling.

This has become a downfield passing offense (with no speed at WR), with read option trickled in. Or so it seems...

Yep, it's a poverty Mike Martz offense, with some idiotic gimmick plays thrown in for good measure. I blame this guy far more than anyone else, the offensive playcalling has been atrocious, take out the Green Bay games and their weak ass defense and you see a pattern of a team that has struggled to move the ball, erratic playcalling, too much dependence on downfield passing...etc.
Well Roman deserves a lot of the blame there were just way too many 3 and outs. Hard to get the running game going when you're punting 3 plays in.
Pathetic!
Our running game is what brought us to just within a SB (Williams' dropped PR)...a SB appearance...

But NOW..we have this big name QB and we want to pass all the time.

YOU ESTABLISH THE RUNNING GAME TO SET UP THE PASS. Frank Gore having only 11 carries is completely unacceptable. Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter were the only guys on offense who came to play today.

This is not all to be put on Kaepernick. Sure, he had some off line throws..but a good portion of his drop backs had him running for his life. Pass blocking was god awful. Run blocking was very good. We need to get back to basics and re-establish our ground game. That is EXACTLY what got us to where we are now.
Roman is only calling the plays from the game plan that Harbaugh designed. He's the head coach, the team's identity is 100% on him. He needs to swallow his pride, admit his mistake, and get back to running the WCO.
I do blame Roman. I think it was extremely arrogant of him to base our entire offense on the pistol read-option. Defenses are defending it very well, and he doesn't have a backup plan. He needs to go back to the drawing board.
60/40 split

Kap looks like dog s**t
Originally posted by jrg:
Our running game is what brought us to just within a SB (Williams' dropped PR)...a SB appearance...

But NOW..we have this big name QB and we want to pass all the time.

YOU ESTABLISH THE RUNNING GAME TO SET UP THE PASS. Frank Gore having only 11 carries is completely unacceptable. Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter were the only guys on offense who came to play today.

This is not all to be put on Kaepernick. Sure, he had some off line throws..but a good portion of his drop backs had him running for his life. Pass blocking was god awful. Run blocking was very good. We need to get back to basics and re-establish our ground game. That is EXACTLY what got us to where we are now.

Especially when Frank HAD SUCCESS!! We got away from it.... WTF??? Just makes it even worse... Trying to f**king get cute and being smart NEVER works too. No consistency in the play-calling. Whatsoever. When's the last time we had a good game called?
[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM ]