There are 789 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quick Thoughts

Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Hate to say it, but we're in trouble! Bradshaw and Lynch run on us veRRRRRY easy. Kap does look a bit uneasy.

And lost by some in the giddiness of Kaepernick's 400 yds and the W vs. GB was the fact that the OL/Lacy of GB started to wear on the 49ers in the 4th qtr...and even though GB only had 21 mins TOP for the entire game, they still scored 4 TDs. Granted, that's Aaron Rodgers, but simple fact was the poor play of the defense from end of last season has carried over to this season. Yeah, they held Russell Wilson in check, but got chewed up on the ground by Lynch/Turbin. And of course the pathetic excuse for an offense is doing the D no favors.

Oh well, guess now it's time to make the Rams look good.
At this point, they already do look good.

Fact of the matter is, if they could go on the road in a tough divisional game--with the added atmosphere of a nationally-televised game--and get a WIN, then that would go a long way to getting the train back on the tracks.

But I'm just not real confident that this current version of the 49ers, which of course includes the coaching staff, will get it done.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
HARBOZO

CRAPYERNICKERS

Harbonehead/Krapernerd
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quick thoughts:

1. Kyle Williams does nothing as a #2 WR

2. They need to run the ball how this team got themselves to stardom.

3. This probably needs to be the #1 most important thing the 9ers need to do, and that is to sign a NT ASAP!!! Antonio Dixon needs to be signed ASAP!!

Holy s**t I miss Sopoaga even more now that teams can run between the tackles on the defense. Something has to be done about this, or the 9ers don't stand a chance the rest of this season.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninersince88:

Genuine question here... not clowning, seriously wondering!

The guy in the back (of our left).... Captain Caveman? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9mmuuYXngQ
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Fact of the matter is, if they could go on the road in a tough divisional game--with the added atmosphere of a nationally-televised game--and get a WIN, then that would go a long way to getting the train back on the tracks.

But I'm just not real confident that this current version of the 49ers, which of course includes the coaching staff, will get it done.

With Davis, Willis, probably Nnamdi out for Thursday game, thats a big hit to our defense and a "go to" guy for Kaep. Aldon out indefinitely. Davis and Boldin at least make the passing game a little better. Just Boldin and the rest of them, the passing game is non-existent. Our secondary couldn't stop the colts passing attack and later in the game got run down by their running game. The Rams will do just the same and they have the personnel to do it. We almost lost to the Rams once and the other game was a tie, basically a loss. They are going to take advantage of our sputter, the best way to take down the enemy.

A win should boost the confidence because we play Houston right after that.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quick thoughts:

3. This probably needs to be the #1 most important thing the 9ers need to do, and that is to sign a NT ASAP!!! Antonio Dixon needs to be signed ASAP!!

Holy s**t I miss Sopoaga even more now that teams can run between the tackles on the defense. Something has to be done about this, or the 9ers don't stand a chance the rest of this season.
This. FO has to be looking at FA or sniffing out possible trades.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Quick thoughts:

I was watching the middle of the defense today, and it got demolished. The D-line did nothing to help the LB's make plays, well except for Justin Smith who they held most of the time. Sopoaga is gone yes, but when he was here, I noticed no team could run up the middle on the 9ers defense. Something has got to be done.
They never even try down field throws. Other teams victimize the 9ers multiple times a game for long completions or long PI penalties. Why the fear of throwing down field? If nothing changes this will be a four year season.
[ Edited by WALTERWHITE on Sep 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Axl49:
THANK YOU agree with all of this. Kap hesitates now this year. You have the first down take it simple as that.

First and most important problem is the run game. WE ARE A RUN team period weahter harbaough likes it or not. Gore is the best payer on offense period. Feed him and get Hunter some carries and let them control the game and clock and that opens of defense for Kap and WRs.

Blaming wrs is stupid. Alex made it work and got to Title game and almost beat Eli with weak WR Core and no help that day there is reason Kap cant do the same. Stop shielding Kaepernick he deserves as much blame as our coaches and offense on this one and last week.

Alex had Crabtree and Davis so enough with that non sense. Davis made just about every big play during that post season.

But yeah we do need to get back to the traditional offense.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM ]
Quick thoughts:

I was watching the middle of the defense today, and it got demolished. The D-line did nothing to help the LB's make plays, well except for Justin Smith who they held most of the time. Sopoaga is gone yes, but when he was here, I noticed no team could run up the middle on the 9ers defense. Something has got to be done.

Its very easy with us having that plug in the middle, teams knew they couldn't go anywhere in the middle and would force runs outside. That would play to our strengths also with Bowman and Willis free to run. God, it was great forcing teams into third and long so consistently.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174887-need-true-nose-tackle/
49ers won't even make the playoffs.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Quick thoughts:

Its very easy with us having that plug in the middle, teams knew they couldn't go anywhere in the middle and would force runs outside. That would play to our strengths also with Bowman and Willis free to run. God, it was great forcing teams into third and long so consistently.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174887-need-true-nose-tackle/
Definitely, aside the fact we looked like an amateur-arena football team today, the officials were garbage. Smith Bros were held A LOT.

We drafted two guys that could have helped on the DL, but both are on IR and who knows if they'll come back this season. The staff can be second guessed on drafting 3 injured players.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
49ers won't even make the playoffs.

To early to say that. If we lose in St Louis on Thursday, then lose again at home the next week against Houston, then I'll share this thought. Until then, we can't give up yet. We were all spoiled the first 2 seasons under Harbaugh, lets see what this coaching staff can do to right the ship, if they can.
Quick thoughts:

They've been having trouble since the 4th qtr two weeks ago vs. GB...they shut down Lacy entire first half, most of 3rd qtr, but in the 4th qtr he was going for 5 yds a pop. And now two straight weeks of giving up 170+ yds on the ground. And there are people who are saying the 49ers defense is fine. Yeah, you can point fingers at the offense, and it's true the last two games they haven't done d*** to help the D, and there's been some tough penalties go against them, but to me that's just an unwillingness to look at this defense in an honest light...they just are not getting it done.