LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

Quick Thoughts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Also, I believe Harbaugh is losing the control of the team and its cohesiveness.

really? after two losses? you really think the players are sandbagging it on harbaugh after two games? LOL

They aren't sandbagging....but the game planning has to change. Since Kaep has taken over, Gore's touches have declined. We're no longer a running team first, but the coaches aren't catching that.
This is not a very good team. We are in danger of 1 - 3 to start by Thursday and we are in danger of missing the playoffs too. We declined on offense and defense too. Too many injuries, FA departures, bad scheme, some bad drafting.
Our defense gets worn down by our poor offense. Also, drafting players who can't even contribute like Carradine and Dial due to injuries, doesn't help depth-wise. It's very troubling when days like today happen.
HARBOZO

CRAPYERNICKERS
Bull. Much like last week, even the announcers have noticed that our receivers aren't getting open. No, Kap hasn't played the best but he can't do it alone. Look at Brady in New England, he's had several well publicized blow-ups over his receivers. Yea, they won today but go back and look at the film.

Not even a first ballot HOF QB can fix guys running the wrong routes, and short-arming passes.
Originally posted by baltien:
Bull. Much like last week, even the announcers have noticed that our receivers aren't getting open. No, Kap hasn't played the best but he can't do it alone. Look at Brady in New England, he's had several well publicized blow-ups over his receivers. Yea, they won today but go back and look at the film.

Not even a first ballot HOF QB can fix guys running the wrong routes, and short-arming passes.

New England's receivers are considerably worse yet they find ways to scheme to get their guys open. They may not always catch the ball when they do, but they have been finding ways to get them open. I haven't seen Roman show any real creativity when it comes to the passing game, running 2 WR routes most of the time with Bruce Miller going out for passes as well.
I live in AZ and we sound like a bunch of F'IN cardinals fans! no wonder people call us whiners. We cant have one or two bad games without the world falling apart. i agree we looked bad but i'm reading comments that talk about kap being overrated, firing roman, harbaugh is losing the team. come on man! i respect the threads that have opinions on how our O can improve with no WR because i agree with most. But this end of the world crap is just getting old. lets grow a pair and stick by our team. i'm reading all the same crap i hear when the tards lose.
It looks like the 49ers need the real QB coach the second part of last season: Alex Smith.
I really wish we would have hit on some WR's in that 2012 draft. AJJ or his replacement have not cut it. I think we should at least suit up Baldwin, take him for a spin.

Originally posted by linkboy:
I still think that Harbaugh is keeping Colin from running because the backup QB's suck. Last year he had Alex, this year he has McCoy.

What we're seeing is a QB who has just started his 13th game and is essentially having to learn to play the QB position properly (something he didn't do in college).

Colin isn't anywhere close to being ready to run this offense at the level that Alex was and if they don't simplify it ASAP, it's going to be a long season. However, I have no faith in Roman being able to do that since he's a moron.

Ya I think we need to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year. Security to be less nervous about exposing Kap to hits, plus if Harbaugh is again spot on with his QB evaluation that he'd hand-pick (and why wouldn't we think he'd be) and spent some time developing that QB with his secret QB coaching sauce that have always been huge for his QBs, then do we really pay Kap nine figures with like $60M guaranteed (probably around what he'd be projected to earn in the 2014 market) and have that more than likely cost us AT LEAST 2 of Brown, Crabtree, Iupati, Aldon (), or would we roll with potential hotshot new guy under cheap contract with the flexibility to be able to re-sign those 4 guys (and also a little further down the road Willis is gonna get another big contract from us, Boone and Ray McDonald are gonna need paydays, especially considering how underpaid they currently are, and Reid looks like a long-term keeper). I do worry about the effect that Kap's inevitable monster extension will have on the rest of the roster. He can't have back to back weeks like the last 2 weeks in the future if the rest of the roster takes a blow. He's gotta consistently play like a league MVP.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by baltien:

New England's receivers are considerably worse yet they find ways to scheme to get their guys open. They may not always catch the ball when they do, but they have been finding ways to get them open. I haven't seen Roman show any real creativity when it comes to the passing game, running 2 WR routes most of the time with Bruce Miller going out for passes as well.

I've seen some hints of scheming but not enough, not enough with the personal that we have. But your right
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Hate to say it, but we're in trouble! Bradshaw and Lynch run on us veRRRRRY easy. Kap does look a bit uneasy.

And lost by some in the giddiness of Kaepernick's 400 yds and the W vs. GB was the fact that the OL/Lacy of GB started to wear on the 49ers in the 4th qtr...and even though GB only had 21 mins TOP for the entire game, they still scored 4 TDs. Granted, that's Aaron Rodgers, but simple fact was the poor play of the defense from end of last season has carried over to this season. Yeah, they held Russell Wilson in check, but got chewed up on the ground by Lynch/Turbin. And of course the pathetic excuse for an offense is doing the D no favors.

Oh well, guess now it's time to make the Rams look good.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcashen87:
I really wish we would have hit on some WR's in that 2012 draft. AJJ or his replacement have not cut it. I think we should at least suit up Baldwin, take him for a spin.

Totally agree. He's just a big target and we don't know exactly what we have with him. If they were saving him for something special, then Thursday night is that time. We need a win, and badly if this team is going to keep its sanity.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Hate to say it, but we're in trouble! Bradshaw and Lynch run on us veRRRRRY easy. Kap does look a bit uneasy.

And lost by some in the giddiness of Kaepernick's 400 yds and the W vs. GB was the fact that the OL/Lacy of GB started to wear on the 49ers in the 4th qtr...and even though GB only had 21 mins TOP for the entire game, they still scored 4 TDs. Granted, that's Aaron Rodgers, but simple fact was the poor play of the defense from end of last season has carried over to this season. Yeah, they held Russell Wilson in check, but got chewed up on the ground by Lynch/Turbin. And of course the pathetic excuse for an offense is doing the D no favors.

Oh well, guess now it's time to make the Rams look good.
At this point, they already do look good.
Share 49ersWebzone