There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quick Thoughts

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TeaPartier123:
Harbaugh is still the best coach in NFL history. bar none.

I'm a homer too, but please
Good objective post. Throw in the multiple phantom penalties and these become the ingredients for another meltdown.

On to the next game.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
I'm pretty unbiased and get over losses quickly, so this won't be one of those "OMG WE SUCK" threads:

- 1st, we gotta give credit to Indy. Our defense is bend but don't break. They bent us all game long and didn't turn the ball over. A lot of positive rushing yards helped them. Absolutely murdered the clock. Great gameplan on defense. Costanzo locked up Aldon all day. Honestly, just a brilliant game from them.

- We had something going with the power run formations. Decided to go away from it... that hurt us.

- Kap is clearly shaken. Hasn't been the same since Seattle. He needs to do some soul-searching and rekindle that fire. He has the talent and the ability. Also, RUN THE BALL! He had a first down several times, but he's so focused on not trying to be a running QB that he's costing us yardage.

- DON'T BLAME THE RECEIVERS! I personally hate this excuse. It's a cop-out. These are NFL guys, they can get open. Indy just rolled their coverage the right way and Kap locked into one guy all game. It's that simple. I used to be a big college fan. I remember when Ohio State fans were crying that the reason they couldn't win the big one was because they didn't have good enough receivers. On that particular team, Brian Robiskie ended up being a 2nd round pick, Brian Hartline is tearing up the NFL, and DeVier Posey was a 3rd round pick. We might lack gamebreakers, but we have enough talent to get open.

THANK YOU agree with all of this. Kap hesitates now this year. You have the first down take it simple as that.

First and most important problem is the run game. WE ARE A RUN team period weahter harbaough likes it or not. Gore is the best payer on offense period. Feed him and get Hunter some carries and let them control the game and clock and that opens of defense for Kap and WRs.

Blaming wrs is stupid. Alex made it work and got to Title game and almost beat Eli with weak WR Core and no help that day there is reason Kap cant do the same. Stop shielding Kaepernick he deserves as much blame as our coaches and offense on this one and last week.
We need to run the f**king ball not this cute s**t. we were moving the ball when we were running.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Good objective post. Throw in the multiple phantom penalties and these become the ingredients for another meltdown.

On to the next game.

Thogh, unfortunately I think we will struggle mightily against the Rams, at least we do have the chance to trn around quickly. We'll see b/c my outlook isn't too positive right now, but anything can happen.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
We need to run the f**king ball not this cute s**t. we were moving the ball when we were running.

Another smart person. Glad im not the only one
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

On to the next game.

Thogh, unfortunately I think we will struggle mightily against the Rams, at least we do have the chance to trn around quickly. We'll see b/c my outlook isn't too positive right now, but anything can happen.

The best thing after a blowout loss is to play sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately, Aldon, Patrick, and Vernon may not be playing.

This Thursday, in my opinion, will determine if this season turns around, or if we fold under adversity. I'm sure we all know that giving the Seahawks home-field advantage is no bueno.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM ]
Several thoughts - first and foremost, there is now enough game film on Kap that the NFL has figured it out. Our Coaches need to adjust FAST.

I also think there is a bit of a cloud hanging over the team right now. The injury bug and Aldon's issues have caught up to the team. You get a bad break - the bad penalty against us on the first play (Whitner? - can't remember), then the interference. Starts to eat away at your confidence.

I can picture us going into St. Louis Thursday night and completely tanking.

.......Unless the Coaches and Baalke take some action. The team really needs to reinvent it's Offense after these last two games. Start taking action against Players that screw up (may have already happened as there are reports that Aldon's locker has been cleaned out), and some serious rotation in the Defense.

This season could slip away.
Originally posted by Antix:
We need to go back to 2011 offense. Run the ball, play action, WCO. I don't know what the hell this s**t we run now is.

It's Greg Roman's love stiffy for Kap's arm strength.
Losing doesn't help the standings in the NFC West and the playoffs for that matter. If we lose on Thursday, we can probably count out winning the NFC West and HOPE for a wildcard, if we're lucky. For a team that made it to the NFCCG the first year, then to the SB the next year and lose......its almost destiny that we probably don't make it to the postseason in 2013. Either teams had 2 years to study us or our players just regressed, but gained a good QB in Kaep.

With Alex we were a ball-controlling offense (had no choice but to be), but worked. With Kaep, seems Roman/Harbaugh want it to be a high-powered, throw it down the field offense but thats not what we are with the type of guys that we have.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:36 PM ]
Keapernick has the IQ of an amoeba. He's not a game manager. He doesn't audible. He can't comprehend complex complex offensive schemes. Ever since he became the QB, our defense has regressed because less offensive time of possession on the field. I don't see any leadership from him on the field...maybe an occasional "I got dis..." when he's down by 20.
Also, I believe Harbaugh is losing the control of the team and its cohesiveness.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Keapernick has the IQ of an amoeba. He's not a game manager. He doesn't audible. He can't comprehend complex complex offensive schemes. Ever since he became the QB, our defense has regressed because less offensive time of possession on the field. I don't see any leadership from him on the field...maybe an occasional "I got dis..." when he's down by 20.

I also see the defense being on the field so much. Even in the GB game....we won, but they were gassed at times. The identity of this team has changed but its like no body knows into what. Our team with Alex, had an identity. With Kaep, thats still be discussed. Its almost like they want to be a high powered offense which we don't have players to do that. They rely on Kaeps arm TOO much now.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM ]
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Also, I believe Harbaugh is losing the control of the team and its cohesiveness.

really? after two losses? you really think the players are sandbagging it on harbaugh after two games? LOL
Hate to say it, but we're in trouble! Bradshaw and Lynch run on us veRRRRRY easy. Kap does look a bit uneasy.