There are 246 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quick Thoughts

I'm pretty unbiased and get over losses quickly, so this won't be one of those "OMG WE SUCK" threads:

- 1st, we gotta give credit to Indy. Our defense is bend but don't break. They bent us all game long and didn't turn the ball over. A lot of positive rushing yards helped them. Absolutely murdered the clock. Great gameplan on defense. Costanzo locked up Aldon all day. Honestly, just a brilliant game from them.

- We had something going with the power run formations. Decided to go away from it... that hurt us.

- Kap is clearly shaken. Hasn't been the same since Seattle. He needs to do some soul-searching and rekindle that fire. He has the talent and the ability. Also, RUN THE BALL! He had a first down several times, but he's so focused on not trying to be a running QB that he's costing us yardage.

- DON'T BLAME THE RECEIVERS! I personally hate this excuse. It's a cop-out. These are NFL guys, they can get open. Indy just rolled their coverage the right way and Kap locked into one guy all game. It's that simple. I used to be a big college fan. I remember when Ohio State fans were crying that the reason they couldn't win the big one was because they didn't have good enough receivers. On that particular team, Brian Robiskie ended up being a 2nd round pick, Brian Hartline is tearing up the NFL, and DeVier Posey was a 3rd round pick. We might lack gamebreakers, but we have enough talent to get open.
I blame Harbaugh and Kapernicky. Douchewaffles
Harbaugh is still the best coach in NFL history. bar none.
It's very discouraging that everyone can rush against us with ease now. Our D is still good, but it's starting to wear down.
They need to make it easy for Kap.

Limit him to 1 to 2 reads
Don't let him change the play in the line of scrimage (this alone will save Time outs and delay of games)
No touch passes.
Just let it rip.

Similar to Elway when he first started.
Originally posted by TDNiners:
They need to make it easy for Kap.

Limit him to 1 to 2 reads
Don't let him change the play in the line of scrimage (this alone will save Time outs and delay of games)
No touch passes.
Just let it rip.

Similar to Elway when he first started.

I find it so hard to believe that he's regressed so much, though. He was looking off receivers last year... even in his first start. He was calling audibles EVERY play in that Falcons game when we were done 17-0. I've seen touch passes from the kid. I just think he's mentally messed up right now.
I still think that Harbaugh is keeping Colin from running because the backup QB's suck. Last year he had Alex, this year he has McCoy.

What we're seeing is a QB who has just started his 13th game and is essentially having to learn to play the QB position properly (something he didn't do in college).

Colin isn't anywhere close to being ready to run this offense at the level that Alex was and if they don't simplify it ASAP, it's going to be a long season. However, I have no faith in Roman being able to do that since he's a moron.
How are we now the most penalized team in the league?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's very discouraging that everyone can rush against us with ease now. Our D is still good, but it's starting to wear down.

Our defense was out there all game. They need a break.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
How are we now the most penalized team in the league?

Cuz refs are throwing flags at phantom calls.
2nd and medium... power running game working, Greg Roman puts in Anthony Dixon and runs some weird toss play to the short side of the field. I thought that was hilarious.
  • Liono
Originally posted by linkboy:
I still think that Harbaugh is keeping Colin from running because the backup QB's suck. Last year he had Alex, this year he has McCoy.

What we're seeing is a QB who has just started his 13th game and is essentially having to learn to play the QB position properly (something he didn't do in college).

Colin isn't anywhere close to being ready to run this offense at the level that Alex was and if they don't simplify it ASAP, it's going to be a long season. However, I have no faith in Roman being able to do that since he's a moron.

Well, if our offense can only muster 100 passing yards, it doesn't much matter if we have Kaepernick in there or a backup.

But really guys, do you think the offense would look this bad with Davis, Manningham and Crabtree on the field, no chance! All of our weapons are injured!
[ Edited by Liono on Sep 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM ]
When the raiders were the most penalized in the league it was because they were undisciplined. Can we say the same about the niners?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Our defense was out there all game. They need a break.

Yeah, we were supposedly going to rotate guys this year. We still don't, and as a result we're gassed... it's three times as worse when Andy Lee is kicking the ball like a dummy and our offense is going three and out.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We need to go back to 2011 offense. Run the ball, play action, WCO. I don't know what the hell this s**t we run now is.