There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I think Kap is overrated.

Not saying he is not good, im still not buying the hype everyone is holding him up high for. He is being predictable, not checking down and is holding to ball WAY too long. Defense is making penalties, but not excuse offense from not scoring. And with the Rams on Thursday, the Niners are in trouble. Same exact game plan has been used all 3 games. If you want a passing game, ball has be out of your hands within 3 seconds.
But Jaws said he would be the greatest Qb of all time! ALL TIME!
Originally posted by boogie:
Not saying he is not good, im still not buying the hype everyone is holding him up high for. He is being predictable, not checking down and is holding to ball WAY too long. Defense is making penalties, but not excuse offense from not scoring. And with the Rams on Thursday, the Niners are in trouble. Same exact game plan has been used all 3 games. If you want a passing game, ball has be out of your hands within 3 seconds.

Exactly the problem. Not Kaepernick...and not the WR's. You can't blame the players when the opposing defense knows exactly what the f**k is coming each time. Nothing will change until Roman stops running this poverty wannabe Mike Martz offense or until Harbaugh completely takes over the playcalling.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM ]
I think we took teams by surprise last year with the pistol, and rode it all the way to the Super Bowl. We missed a golden opportunity.

Now we have to wait for Kap to develop more as a progression read passer. He's gonna have to take a step back before moving forward. I think he's just as good as advertised, just not the finished product we thought he was.

We also need to get our receivers healthy. Get Kap under center and play smash smouth running, playaction pass football.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
He isnt overrated, what is overrated is Roman and his play calling. A pitch to Dixon, Dixon? The slowest back on the roster? And he is terrible as a RB. Man he needs to go.

Dixon, Kyle, Moore, all need to be gone asap. And Roman needs to shape up, 2yr extension seems stupid now. Hopefully he gets hired as a college HC.
kaep has his problems but there are so many other things wrong. From coaching to our lack of a serviceable WR corp.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think we took teams by surprise last year with the pistol, and rode it all the way to the Super Bowl. We missed a golden opportunity.

Now we have to wait for Kap to develop more as a progression read passer. He's gonna have to take a step back before moving forward.

We also need to get our receivers healthy. Get Kap under center and play smash smouth running, playaction pass football.

yep. And everyone is ready to pay him 120M in 2014. Stupid IMO. Not blasting people but he is NOT ready to be an elite QB. The pistol is done. Teams want to ht Kap, and we wont chance it anymore. We need WRs, get Gordon from Cleveland, give up a 2nd or 3rd for him. I hate even saying that. But we need WR help NOW.
Should be cheap next year. Like league minimum cheap.
Are you ignoring that Kaep had no one to pass to today?

No Vernon Davis, no Michael Crabtree, no Mario Manningham... hell no LaMichael James.

Marlon Moore was an UDFA for a reason.
Hes overated for sure. We want Alex back
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Are you ignoring that Kaep had no one to pass to today?

No Vernon Davis, no Michael Crabtree, no Mario Manningham... hell no LaMichael James.

Marlon Moore was an UDFA for a reason.

exactly. This place goes into meltdown so fast after a loss. I have given up on that way. Big deal, we lost. Need to fix it fast tho, Thursday is a few days away, need to get a WR in NOW.
I think our entire front office is way too cocky in their talent evaluating. Baalke thinks he can draft any WR and turn them into a superstar. Harbaugh thinks he can turn any QB into a superstar. Wrong on both, fellas. Aldon Smith has SERIOUS character concerns and will be sleeping on Shawn Merriman's couch next year if he keeps it up. Last draft steal we had: Bowman. That was Singletary's pick, gentlemen.
Originally posted by iCameHere2LaughatU:
Hes overated for sure. We want Alex back

Get the hell out of here Troll. We dont troll Seahawks boards, so leave it. But I am sure a mod will fix this problem soon.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Should be cheap next year. Like league minimum cheap.

don't bet on it, he will put up good numbers once he gets all his weapons back, bank on it.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home