There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New offense vs Old offense

Our offense has obviously changed from a methodical, ball controlling, clock consuming offense to a quick strike offense dependent on the phenomenal arm of Kaepernick. The problem is, when Kap isn't on his game, it results in numerous 3 and outs resulting in our defense being on the field 80% of time. This happened in the first half of the SuperBowl and as the league catches up, may happen more and more. We need to go back to the bruising running game we used to have. I think the coaches got a little too enamored with Kap's strong arm.
Quit questioning Harbaugh's football IQ.
You're right on the money. Go back to our identity. We're a run first team.
Originally posted by niners94:
You're right on the money. Go back to our identity. We're a run first team.

This. They need to stop thinking they're the Green Bay Packers.......run the ball, play smashmouth football, soften the defense up and then hit those shots downfield.
This no WCO that I know. More like, we don't know what we are doing offense.
Originally posted by 190836:
This no WCO that I know. More like, we don't know what we are doing offense.

Poverty Mike Martz offense.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah. Roman needs to pretend Smith is still the QB.
Originally posted by Antix:

This is actually great advice. Go back to that Bears game last year, Kaep played EXACTLY like Smith, except with a better arm and more foot speed. Harbaugh and Roman need to simplify the reads and game plan, and get back to power running. Exposing your QB this much is idiocy, especially when he's so young. Need to slowly build up his confidence.
I swear Kap looks like Jeff George out there. The entire freaking game plan is for him to launch these homeruns. We need to get back to our short passing game and our running game.

Gore was beasting and then it was gone.

To be honest, I dont think Kap can run a traditional offense under center. That's why Roman is calling these options because it's easy on Kap.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
This is actually great advice. Go back to that Bears game last year, Kaep played EXACTLY like Smith, except with a better arm and more foot speed. Harbaugh and Roman need to simplify the reads and game plan, and get back to power running. Exposing your QB this much is idiocy, especially when he's so young. Need to slowly build up his confidence.

Its really all we need to do. It's so simple. Kap could run the "Smith" offense better than Smith because he has the physical tools. But Roman is too in love with Kaps physical tools and it's fcked up the offense. Just dust off the old playbook and scale things back. Hopefully he gets the message.
You all heard it from Phil Simms the Read Option has been figured out, the NFL always adapts to new fads. Now lets see if Kaep is the real deal & can adapt to a standard offense when we eventually switch over to this dying offense we are running now.
Home run offense? We have thrown ONE deep ball in 2 games and VD pulled his hammy. Teams just play 15 yards in.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Its really all we need to do. It's so simple. Kap could run the "Smith" offense better than Smith because he has the physical tools. But Roman is too in love with Kaps physical tools and it's fcked up the offense. Just dust off the old playbook and scale things back. Hopefully he gets the message.

I agree. The reason why Kaep could run it better is because he can hit on those deeper passes, but we do not need to make that our offense.

This
To be fair, when has Roman ever had a particularly good gameplan against a high quality defense? Not Baltimore, not Seattle...ever...Chicago last season but they were overrated as hell. Most of his...brilliance has come against tomato can defenses such as Tampa, Buffalo and Green Bay.