LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
xtm, I agree, dallas defended Anquan poorly. I will also say that he literally ripped the ball away from defenders on several catches in crowds. Anquan is our #1 by a country mile, and each one of these guys, Stevie(big game tonite, just watch), Anquan, Crabs, Vernon, Eller, mac, hyde,are all going to be targets and that will just make it that much easier for kap to find a guy wide open. NO more doubling bullschidt, because that means one or two guys will be wide open. Wow, what a dream for kap.

Agree, they can't double everyone. I also thing SJ will have a big game tonight and a VERY big season for us.

IMO, as far as resigning Crabs a lot will depend on:

A). If he stays healthy for a full season

B). How much he'll be willing to sign for.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
xtm, I agree, dallas defended Anquan poorly. I will also say that he literally ripped the ball away from defenders on several catches in crowds. Anquan is our #1 by a country mile, and each one of these guys, Stevie(big game tonite, just watch), Anquan, Crabs, Vernon, Eller, mac, hyde,are all going to be targets and that will just make it that much easier for kap to find a guy wide open. NO more doubling bullschidt, because that means one or two guys will be wide open. Wow, what a dream for kap.

Agree, they can't double everyone. I also thing SJ will have a big game tonight and a VERY big season for us.

IMO, as far as resigning Crabs a lot will depend on:

A). If he stays healthy for a full season

B). How much he'll be willing to sign for.

I'd add a C point as well...IF there is any truth to the report of a contract extension (which obviously isn't happening barring a "Happy birthday announcement" but a "Homecoming announcement" made more sense IMO) that was almost all incentives then perhaps this season could be a model for them to base any negotiations off of.
Crab had a good game tonight, but he is not the go-to-guy with the game on the line.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Crab had a good game tonight, but he is not the go-to-guy with the game on the line.

you think

I'm beginning to believe that more and more now. It also hurt that Vernon got injured.

Luckly it's young in the season, and we have a Cards team, who we SHOULD handle, but who knows. I'll settle for 10-6, Wild Card, Run to SB and Win it, maybe I'm asking too much, oh well.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I'm beginning to believe that more and more now. It also hurt that Vernon got injured.

Luckly it's young in the season, and we have a Cards team, who we SHOULD handle, but who knows. I'll settle for 10-6, Wild Card, Run to SB and Win it, maybe I'm asking too much, oh well.

Cards are good. Right now, I don't feel like we are (offensively at least).
If he's not back next year maybe it won't be such a bad thing. Kap will have to look for other options.
Originally posted by AUniner:
If he's not back next year maybe it won't be such a bad thing. Kap will have to look for other options.

not a horrible idea...but Boldin isn't young anymore
Good player but not great
Originally posted by jreff22:

not a horrible idea...but Boldin isn't young anymore

Yeah need to step up those young guys and draft some more.

• titan
  • Veteran
Don't know if it's him or the Offense we are running, but definitely above average and not elite status. Even with an injured B.Marshall you can tell the difference between the two.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I dunno y'all...I think Crabs is borderline elite. Not totally...there are times when he doesn't read coverages as an elite receiver should, but he does pretty much everything else very very very well. When our play-calling has been on point, and Kap isn't making it obvious how much he wants to get it to #15, then Crabs has big games... If that makes any sense
[ Edited by SaksV on Sep 16, 2014 at 7:20 PM ]
Originally posted by SaksV:
I dunno y'all...I think Crabs is borderline elite. Not totally...there are times when he doesn't read coverages as an elite receiver should, but he does pretty much everything else very very very well. When our play-calling has been on point, and Kap isn't making it obvious how much he wants to get it to #15, then Crabs has big games... If that makes any sense

Gotta catch game winners if you want to be elite....
  • titan
  • Veteran
I would've been happy if he would've worked that ROOKIE of the bench!
Originally posted by SaksV:

Gotta catch game winners if you want to be elite....

Not just game winner, buts also, they won't be perfect passes. Any competent receiver should be able to catch a perfectly thrown ball. A special one makes the play when it isn't perfectly thrown. I still like Crabtree and I want him here long term, but I'm beginning to accept who he is as a receiver.
Share 49ersWebzone