LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think Crabs is very good WR....but he's well short of a superstar. Hopefully he gives us a very good year.

Ultimately, if we're unable to resign him, I do think he is replaceable.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I have to wonder if this story about signing Crabtree is just hear'say and hype? Remember the report that came out about Iupati shortly after we signed Anthony Davis? Its seems like every time we sign someone, some media talking head pops out of the wood works trying to break the next signing story. I hope its true, but I'll remain skeptical until it happens. After all, "skeptical" is my lifes motto.

I hate to say I told you so( but not really). I guess there is still time but it's not looking promising.

Something is up tho...be it Crabtree or something else.

They've been spending a lot of time redoing contracts, converting salary to bonuses and releasing vets for rookies to clear space for SOMETHING. Dunno what...but I get the sense that something is coming.

But you'd agree that once the season hits it's unlikely we extend anyone? My hope is that he does sign. Maybe we get the news like we did with V. Davis which I believe was the day of the season opener. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't agree w/that. Although blockbuster deals w/star type players isn't commonplace during the season, it's not out of the realm of possibility we get one done w/Crabs or another player. We've extended some guys during the year before, Brock being the most recent example. I do think out of our star guys, Crabs will be the next extended & it could literally happen at any minute.
Looks like Crabtree is in the weight room and not the practice field. Didn't Wes Welker do the same thing the day they announced his extension? Of course, with Crabby, being off the practice field is a very common occurrence.
If we extend someone it will either be crabs or aldon
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
If we extend someone it will either be crabs or aldon

Can't see it being Aldon right now.
The Crabbening
Why didn't he practice today? Is he injured?
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Calf injury? What did he have during camp, wasn't it a hammy?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This dude always hurt, do not extend.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but Crabs ain't getting extended anytime soon. Two words, Eugene Parker.

Why should he be resigned? Always has some damn leg injury and I'm sure there's enough teams so desperate they'll easily overpay him when he reaches free agency.
Cramp
I believe Its going to be prove it kinda a deal like kap to makes his money
Damn you Michael Fragiletree
Diva with wet panties.......

Paging B Lloyd and Stevie J.......
Share 49ersWebzone