LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
According to AB we have less than 2 mil in salary cap. s**t. Well I guess we are going to have to cut ray Mac to save 4-5 mil and gore will save 6 mil or even letting go of boldin which is close to 6. What a cock tease

Lame. Would of rather let boone stay being a b***h and resign crab.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
How does the Boone restructure effect the likelihood that Crabs resigns?

Doubt it has any effect.

Sure about that? I kind of have a feeling Crabs will be put on hold now.

If so, I don't think it will be due to Boone's new deal.
According to AB we have less than 2 mil in salary cap. s**t. Well I guess we are going to have to cut ray Mac to save 4-5 mil and gore will save 6 mil or even letting go of boldin which is close to 6. What a cock tease

What? I thought with our cuts we would be closer to 10 mil. Frik
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

What? I thought with our cuts we would be closer to 10 mil. Frik

This.....Do tell when AB said this because the beat writers said we were closer to just a shade under $9 or 10M in room before McDonald restructured his deal or the final roster cuts. With the cuts we reportedly freed up close to another $2M in space, Boone got a reworked deal which was essentially paid for by those cuts. Then McDonald's reworked deal probably once again pushed us back up near the amount of free cap space that the team had before this week started.

I still expect a contract for Crabtree to go down before Sunday.
Most of Ray Mac's money this year is guaranteed. We can't just cut him and have his salary disappear.

Actually, cutting McDonald would result in a huge dead money hit, around $5 million.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 1, 2014 at 11:58 AM ]
What are the chances both Crabtree and Boldin have 1,000 yard seasons?
Broken dreams...

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 1 h

Is there any progress toward contract extension for 49ers WR Michael Crabtree? Source says, "Not really."
Originally posted by Decima_Mas:
Broken dreams...

Matt Maiocco �€@MaioccoCSN · 1 h

Is there any progress toward contract extension for 49ers WR Michael Crabtree? Source says, "Not really."

That just means they haven't signed the contract. lol
If they can't sign him before the start of the season, he's gone

• Disp
  • Veteran
I think some of you are looking at a Crabtree extension wrong. He's already signed for this season, so the cap space this year is really irrelevant (unless the want to push money into this season). Boone's re-worked deal isn't going to have any impact on a Crabtree extension.
If not we will find a way to make something happen with someone
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I have to wonder if this story about signing Crabtree is just hear'say and hype? Remember the report that came out about Iupati shortly after we signed Anthony Davis? Its seems like every time we sign someone, some media talking head pops out of the wood works trying to break the next signing story. I hope its true, but I'll remain skeptical until it happens. After all, "skeptical" is my lifes motto.

I hate to say I told you so( but not really). I guess there is still time but it's not looking promising.
I have to wonder if this story about signing Crabtree is just hear'say and hype? Remember the report that came out about Iupati shortly after we signed Anthony Davis? Its seems like every time we sign someone, some media talking head pops out of the wood works trying to break the next signing story. I hope its true, but I'll remain skeptical until it happens. After all, "skeptical" is my lifes motto.

I hate to say I told you so( but not really). I guess there is still time but it's not looking promising.

Something is up tho...be it Crabtree or something else.

They've been spending a lot of time redoing contracts, converting salary to bonuses and releasing vets for rookies to clear space for SOMETHING. Dunno what...but I get the sense that something is coming.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Something is up tho...be it Crabtree or something else.

They've been spending a lot of time redoing contracts, converting salary to bonuses and releasing vets for rookies to clear space for SOMETHING. Dunno what...but I get the sense that something is coming.

But you'd agree that once the season hits it's unlikely we extend anyone? My hope is that he does sign. Maybe we get the news like we did with V. Davis which I believe was the day of the season opener. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone