There are 199 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Doesn't Stevie have a decent amount of guaranteed money? If so, I can't see him getting cut.

Nope. All salary. Bills had to pay his guarantees.
Yes. Lets cut a WR in his prime with 3 1000 plus yard seasons. Genius.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Yes. Lets cut a WR in his prime with 3 1000 plus yard seasons one year after being badly burned by injuries in the WR corps. Genius.

FTFY
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by fip24:
IMO.. the Crabtree situation will get much clearer after todays cuts. If Stevie Johnson gets cut, the Crabs deal is all but done. However, if Johnson makes the team, IMO it is a bad sign.

Since the trade was made, I have been saying that Johnson in Crabs insurance.. No way the Niners want to pay Johnson 3+ million per year to be the #3 or #4 WR.
Also, he is too similar in playing style to Crabs and Q. Given a tie, I would think the team wants a fast #3 (Ellington or Lloyd?)

Q is not a long term solution. We only extended him two years. Both Johnson and Crabs are in their prime and could be a dangerous dual for the next 5 plus years. Add in Ellington and Patton as a back up and you have a very good, but reasonally priced WR squad next year. Thats perfect for a team that prefers big body run formations and two TE sets. My guess is that the Niners traded for Stevie primarily as insurance if either Boldon or Crabs got hurt. He's a proven reciever at a discount price. 3mm a year is nothing for a reciever of Stevies quality.

this, stevie is not crabs replacement. do ppl forget boldin is getting old, he is only with us for one more year after this, crabs and stevie are the future.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
this, stevie is not crabs replacement. do ppl forget boldin is getting old, he is only with us for one more year after this, crabs and stevie are the future.

They could very well cut Boldin after this year as well especially if SJ gets in synch with Kaep during the season. I think Q may be the expendable one later.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
C'MON ALREADY

SIGN HIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The way the 49ers twitter/home page is acting, it really feels like he's gonna be extended very, very soon. Smart 49ers, very smart; Crabs and Kap gonna have a huge f**king year together.

What do you mean?!?

That'll be so fukin' awesome if we sign him to an extension. Easily one of my favorite players on the team. Dude is going to have a breakout year.

Lately all over the 49ers twitter, and the accounts of its online media employees (Taylor Price), it's all Michael Crabtree stuff; Crabs as a kid (pee wee football), Crabs in high school, the Crabs family Christmas of '95, Crabs hoop camp '04, and Taylor Price is re-tweeting it barely hours after it's already posted. You usually see this stuff when we're extending, or have already extended a certain player.

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/504810626288336897

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/504441611351126016

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/504091631163699200

The newest entry:

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/505539093581688833

Hopefully we get it done in the next couple days! Love me some Crabtree!

I think we're re-signing Taylor Price, not Crabtree.
How does the Boone restructure effect the likelihood that Crabs resigns?
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Doubt it has any effect.
[ Edited by grizzlyadams on Aug 31, 2014 at 11:05 AM ]
Along with the good Boone news, we need some more good news...like Crabtree signing ASAP. Like now, in 5,4,3,2...I'm hoping, anyway, at least before the season starts.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Doubt it has any effect.

Sure about that? I kind of have a feeling Crabs will be put on hold now.
Hoping Crabs signs this week
Want to get Crabs signed so bad. Hope to god it happens.
Knowing our luck, our extension talks with him probably have been put on hold (if they even existed in the first place).
According to AB we have less than 2 mil in salary cap. s**t. Well I guess we are going to have to cut ray Mac to save 4-5 mil and gore will save 6 mil or even letting go of boldin which is close to 6. What a cock tease
Share 49ersWebzone