LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Kap can't get over the locking on-one read stuff having Crabs back won't matter. Unless he is the first read on every play.

the 49ers won't matter when they don't have Crabtree or Boldin (likely gone after this season) and they're stuck without a #1 and with a platoon of unproven wideouts. Kap needs a strong supporting cast.

Would you rather pay Boldin a decent 3 year deal or Crabs a monster 4-5 year deal...and try to draft another weapon? I like Crabs but his demands might be too hard to swallow. And keeping Kap protected means resigning Iupati.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
If Kap can't get over the locking on-one read stuff having Crabs back won't matter. Unless he is the first read on every play.

the 49ers won't matter when they don't have Crabtree or Boldin (likely gone after this season) and they're stuck without a #1 and with a platoon of unproven wideouts. Kap needs a strong supporting cast.

Would you rather pay Boldin a decent 3 year deal or Crabs a monster 4-5 year deal...and try to draft another weapon? I like Crabs but his demands might be too hard to swallow. And keeping Kap protected means resigning Iupati.

i doubt Crabs will require a crazy monster deal to re-sign.
Originally posted by iCameHere2LaughatU:
As a longtime Seahawks fan, this is lovely.

Nice to finally laugh, rather than be laughed at?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

don't waste your time...he's been banned
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ He's always injured.
~ He had 1 good year. 1 ever.
~ Kaep needs to learn how to be more than a 1 read guy which he still is right now despite some serious WZ overrating.

This from the same poster that guaranteed a 49er loss in St Louis, and no chance to even sniff the playoffs. I am starting to think that believing in the opposite of your 'predictions' is a sure winner
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
um no
I miss Crabtree so damn much

don't waste your time...he's been banned

Aww man, I wanted him to hang around until December so we could laugh at him and the cheathawks after we spank dat ass. We're getting our revenge and we're still winning the West. Beleed dat! Seahawks gonna come back down to earth very soon my friends. They ain't s**t on the road and they're f**ked if the league actually cracks down on their secondary.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ He's always injured.
~ He had 1 good year. 1 ever.
~ Kaep needs to learn how to be more than a 1 read guy which he still is right now despite some serious WZ overrating.

This from the same poster that guaranteed a 49er loss in St Louis, and no chance to even sniff the playoffs. I am starting to think that believing in the opposite of your 'predictions' is a sure winner

let's hope he doesn't start predicting us to win

Shouldn't it be obvious by now that what this offense needs is a #1 WR?

I don't Crab will even require top 5 money. He knows better than that. The market wont pay him that. I think he gets a Bowe/Wallace type contract and hopefully it's with us.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Shouldn't it be obvious by now that what this offense needs is a #1 WR?

answer is easy for me, crabtree is a true number 1 and younger faster and YAC is better than boldin, boldin not getting younger, i say lock up crabs, kaep, aldon and let lupati walk.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
answer is easy for me, crabtree is a true number 1 and younger faster and YAC is better than boldin, boldin not getting younger, i say lock up crabs, kaep, aldon and let lupati walk.

THIS times a million. Iupati is replaceable these other cats aren't. Iupatis reputation in bigger than his game. imo
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

I agree 100%. I really hope the FO doesn't get cheap and resign Boldin over Crab.
Originally posted by outside4949:
THIS times a million. Iupati is replaceable these other cats aren't. Iupatis reputation in bigger than his game. imo

Clearly Crab isn't replaceable. Not with one body. I disagree about Iupati. Although his pass protection this season has been awful IMO he is the leagues best run blocker. I would prefer we seal them both up. I do think we can find an player that's equal pass protection for 1/3 the price but he's also going to be half the run blocker Iupati is. A guard that can run block as well as Iupati is invaluable in this system. Ultimately you don't beat the leagues best secondaries without a #1 WR though.
Share 49ersWebzone