There are 180 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Here's a conspiracy theory for you guys.

Okay, so Baalke knows that we can't pay Kaepernick 100 mil + Crabtree + Iupati + Aldon Smith.

So what does Baalke and company do?

Tank parts of the season and have a mediocre season for Kaep (via play calling and game plans) with our team ending up as a wild card team, 9-7 or 8-8.
Bring Kaep's value down to mid of the pack QB, then negotiate Kaep to a 8 mil / per year contract after this year.

Kaep 100 million. LOL. He's a 1 read guy. Far from an elite QB at this point. He has a rocket arm, fast legs and is big and strong. But he sure doesn't read the filed and go through progressions like a 100 million QB.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Crabtree is not worth anything. He's the last guy we should pay. He's been here for years and he has had 1 good year. 1.... He's always walking around with a boot on his foot and complaining his foot hurts and now he has a torn achilles tendon. That is a bad injury for a WR to come back from. He was slow to begin with and now he will be slower. We need to draft a WR.

crazy ridiculous talk! go back and watch how many times Crabtree bailed out Kap in critical 3rd down conversions last year. this team is sorely missing Crabtree's clutch stick moving catches. he has the best hands on the team and probably in the entire conference. early reports say he progressing well from the injury. seriously, "not worth anything" makes me think you either have a preconceived bias against the man or you just aren't watching.
Originally posted by boast:
Crabtree is not worth anything. He's the last guy we should pay. He's been here for years and he has had 1 good year. 1.... He's always walking around with a boot on his foot and complaining his foot hurts and now he has a torn achilles tendon. That is a bad injury for a WR to come back from. He was slow to begin with and now he will be slower. We need to draft a WR.

crazy ridiculous talk! go back and watch how many times Crabtree bailed out Kap in critical 3rd down conversions last year. this team is sorely missing Crabtree's clutch stick moving catches. he has the best hands on the team and probably in the entire conference. early reports say he progressing well from the injury. seriously, "not worth anything" makes me think you either have a preconceived bias against the man or you just aren't watching.

~ He's always injured.
~ He had 1 good year. 1 ever.
~ Kaep needs to learn how to be more than a 1 read guy which he still is right now despite some serious WZ overrating.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

~ He's always injured.
~ Kaep needs to learn how to be more than a 1 read guy which he still is right now despite some serious WZ overrating.

yeah, no. he's been productive since Harbaugh took over the team.
I think I wait until mid next season to later in the season before re-signing him if we do at all. I want to see how he comes back. Also, depends on if he wants 50-60 million or something reasonable like 5 years 35-40 mil or so. I don't know if we can trust him with a big contract. Iupati seems to have regressed this year and has since 2011, his best season IMO. 2011, 2010, 2012, 2013 would be my rank. Depends on what Iupati wants as well. If Iupati would take 5, 35-40 I'd think about it. If he wants Carl Nicks 5-6 years at 50-60 mil he can forget it. I hope Iupati just tells his agent to get it done and not get greedy. He likes it here; he likes his fellow lineman. Guy is from very humble beginnings. He can live with 35-40 mil; doesn't need 50-60 although he will probably help a lot of people back in American Somoa with that money. So depends what they want.... if one is willing to go 5, 35-40 and the other wants 5, 50-60 I go with the cheaper one since they are somewhat similar in value. If both are reasonable I re-sign both. I don't think we will give Kap and Aldon as much as everyone thinks. Kap looks closer to 60-70 mil right now than 100 to 120. Aldon we have through 2015 I believe (team option for 15) plus can tag him 2 years so thats 4 more years if we want. Might want to go that route. If the guy doesn't straighten up not sure it would be wise to give him 70 mil or more.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

~ He's always injured.
He has had 2 good years and 2 above average years.
If Kap can't get over the locking on-one read stuff having Crabs back won't matter. Unless he is the first read on every play.
Gore 21 has it right. Let's see what he has when he comes back. I would want to see a body of work before paying him any money. I yr of service. ONE. That makes me really uneasy and spending big bucks on him, with no idea how crbs is , is crazy.

jreff22 is also spot on. What is the good of having crbs with a Qb who reads one guy and then every D player on the field watches Kap watch him. It would be hilarious, if it weren't so awful. Cripes, Kap NEVER looked anywhere else but at the guy he stared down. How he completed any of those passes just tells you how bad the rams D backfield was. Against a good team, Kap would have gotten eaten alive. Hey we already got Baldwin, Boldin, Vernon, celek, miller, patton, moore, and kap stares every dam one of them down. Against a good team, he would've had a lot of INTs or INCs. What good does it do to have one more guy like crbs out there, if kap just stares one receiver down.

That trait is a killer app. You cannot beat good teams staring down one receiever....kap needs major league working on. Right now he is not top 5, not top 10 and maybe not top 15-20. And that is a pitiful thing to say about your star Qb .
Originally posted by pd24:

~ He's always injured.
He has had 2 good years and 2 above average years.
And not even one year with Kap.
We better draft 2 WRs in next years draft

~ He's always injured.

Such a simple analysis of crabs. He is a pro bowl level WR and showed that once the offense became condusive for a WR putting up numbers. Prior to kap starting, the offense was a conservative, check down offense. Alex utilized his backs and TE a lot. Some underneath stuff to crabs. Once kap came in, and we started to throw outside and down the field crabs was a different guy. He has great hands, underrated YAC ability, good and willing blocker and he has good size. WRs are really defendant upon the qb and system for numbers. Look at Fitzgerald the last few years in AZ. Crabs is a necessity for this team and this has been obvious this year

~ He's always injured.

Hrmmm.....and what was different about that one year?

Oh yeah...HE HAD A QB.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

~ He's always injured.

Hrmmm.....and what was different about that one year?

Oh yeah...HE HAD A QB.

This, Then Baalke made a dumbass move by trading him to KC
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Kap can't get over the locking on-one read stuff having Crabs back won't matter. Unless he is the first read on every play.

the 49ers won't matter when they don't have Crabtree or Boldin (likely gone after this season) and they're stuck without a #1 and with a platoon of unproven wideouts. Kap needs a strong supporting cast.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I could have swore he went through progressions at the end of last year and in playoffs. Even preseason. wtf happened?
Share 49ersWebzone